Murray,"but if anything we just shaded it."

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

He said: "I think that it was fairly close over the 90 minutes, but if anything we just shaded it.:107years:

"We got off to a great start with the early goal and then we were denied a penalty and I think if we get the second goal from that then it is game over for them really.

"But fair play to Hearts, they came back into it although we were disappointed with the goal that we conceded, we felt that it was a soft one to lose.

"Hearts will feel that, away from home, that a draw is a decent result but we are still full of optimism because there were a lot of positives for us as well.

"We showed that we are a good side and we have got the strength to compete with Hearts because they are a very physical side.:rolleyes:

"You've got to give them credit because they have come away from home and taken a point but we know that there will an opportunity for revenge when we go to Tynecastle later in the season. It feels a little bit like a defeat right now. We were full of confidence and got off to a great start ? but we maybe scored a bit too early.

"We missed a few great chances second half and that is the most disappointing thing."

One man who could consider himself more than unlucky not to be on the scoresheet was Derek Riordan, who was denied a penalty kick, saw one shot pushed onto the post and a few other chances go begging.

Murray added: "Derek was unlucky a couple of times, especially the one that the keeper just managed to push onto the post.:107years:

"And then with the passback I thought that he was a bit unlucky but the goalie who came on for Hearts in the second half did well for the 45 minutes that he was on the park and he was off his line quickly. We were also denied the penalty kick and if we had gone two up that would be hard to come back from away from home in a derby.

"It was quite early on in the game as well so you never know, we could have added to it again before half-time.

"It just shows you what a fine line there is and I think Hearts' goal came at just the right time for them and they would have gone in at the break full of confidence and optimism.

"In saying that, I think that we came out fighting in the second half and there wasn't a lot wrong with our game. I don't think Yves Ma-Kalambay has had a save to make after the break really,:eek: although we were maybe a touch fortunate with the goal that was ruled out.:mad::rolleyes:

"Their goal was very disappointing from our point of view, it was in the bottom corner, a good distance for Aguiar, but we have got to deal with them better.

"We had one similar in the second half but their goalie dealt with it well.:):107years:

"It's hard for the goalie as well, there were a lot of bodies in front of him and their player's struck it well. We've just got to put it down to experience.":107years::rolleyes:

i see he does not say anything about our chances eh, he is making it a one sided affair here me thinks and he does he think that they shaded it, typical deluded hobo at his best.

Guest jambomickey
don't think they shaded it. They did have the best chance to win it though thanks to Zaliukas :mad:

we had the best chance to win it with nde in the last minute.

rudi must stay
Neither team shaded it. They were both awful.

can't agree with that. I thought we were superb, we just need a goaslcorer though to make all the chance we get count

I am getting fecking sick of pundits and players of other teams continually calling us a big physical team!!!!!.We didn't go flying into tackles or resort to kicking lumps out of them ffs,we played them off the park on their own pitch and that i'm afraid sticks in their feckin throats!!!.

maroonlegions
Shock horror, hibs player says hibs were the better team. Exactly what did you expect him to say???

feck, harken thee, just pointing out the the usual delusion that comes not only from their fans but players too.:rolleyes:, my point was not what i expected him to say but rather the drivel they can come out with.;)

Neither team shaded it. They were both awful.

I have only spoke to one person this week that made the same comment as you and he was a hibby so jog on :hobofish:

Guest jambomickey
I am getting fecking sick of pundits and players of other teams continually calling us a big physical team!!!!!.We didn't go flying into tackles or resort to kicking lumps out of them ffs,we played them off the park on their own pitch and that i'm afraid sticks in their feckin throats!!!.

agree with you mate! we played some neat and tidy football but didn't take our chances:107years:

the big physical statement fecks me off as well, we'll get more of it from tangoman this Saturday he's the worst offender imo

Sunday (apart from the first 10-15 minutes) was the best I've seen Hearts play at fester rd for a number of years and to think beforehand i had been pretty worried that we would have been on the wrong end of a pumping at 4 o'clock

agree with you mate! we played some neat and tidy football but didn't take our chances:107years:

Agreed Mickey,all we lacked was a cutting edge or a wee bit composure in front of goal.

The pleasing thing for me was the way we kept trying to play football even after that early setback,it would have been so easy to just get the ball and lump it forward looking for an equaliser but we didn't we just kept probing away for an opening which was good to see.

The way we went about the game was very professional.

any stato's out there can tell me how many times we have came back from 2-0 down to hibs to win 3-2 ?

I am sure its a few ? No.

the big physical statement fecks me off as well, we'll get more of it from tangoman this Saturday he's the worst offender imo

Sunday (apart from the first 10-15 minutes) was the best I've seen Hearts play at fester rd for a number of years and to think beforehand i had been pretty worried that we would have been on the wrong end of a pumping at 4 o'clock

Forgot about that erse Tangoman right enough,yes i agree he is one of the worst culprits.

I also agree that sunday was one of our better performances at ER over the years but do you expect us to get any credit for it?no chance.

On reading numerous reports about the game over the last couple of days i have come to 2 possible conclusions.

1/ I will need to take these maroon tinted specs off as they are clouding my judgement and vision.

2/These reporters watched a totally different derby from me.

I don't know which one of the above it is.

maroonlegions

Well said , Murray trying to make out that they shaded it against the BIG BAD Hearts players, what about giraffes tackle on Nade , ratfaces push on eggy when the ball was out for a throw in and Nishs head butt on Kello.

Well said , Murray trying to make out that they shaded it against the BIG BAD Hearts players, what about giraffes tackle on Nade , ratfaces push on eggy when the ball was out for a throw in and Nishs head butt on Kello.

I can't believe riordan never got booked for that push on Jonsson.

His reaction in pushing Jonsson was purely down to the fact that his team were being outplayed and on most occasions he got the ball he was forced to go away from goal and not allowed to cut inside.

winston churchill

a myth/lie started by sir tony flair of lochend.

is this the same rangers reject- that had 0-7 shaved into his head for an edinburgh deby.

HOOF

It is the same player but was it not 1973 that he had shaved into his head? i maybe wrong though.

winston churchill

what about murrays flying jackie chan kick at stewart,if he had caught him it was a leg breaker:mad:

They just shaded it on possession , shots on target, fouls comitted and yellow cards conceded.

We shaded it for being having the best chances :cool:

yeah the insides of your shorts should have been a darker shade of brown than ours, FTH

winston churchill
It is the same player but was it not 1973 that he had shaved into his head? i maybe wrong though.

he must have some big napper- if he could get 1973 on it:eek:

maroonlegions

better chance on his lips, there big enough.

Pretty sure it was 1973 and not 7-0 but willing to be proved wrong(but don't think i am).

enough said another sad hobo who shaved some silly wee numbers in his hair to remind us of a thirty year old scoreline be honest dont you just find it hillariously funny and pathetic that this one fluke of a result is all these saddos have to live of forever they have nothing on us never have never will and that is what will always hurt them

maroonlegions
Pretty sure it was 1973 and not 7-0 but willing to be proved wrong(but don't think i am).

if only one of the Hearts players would get one of the following on his head;

107 or ,IF POSSIBLE 02-04-06 that would shut him up, hopefully for the ner"day derby.:107years::)

enough said another sad hobo who shaved some silly wee numbers in his hair to remind us of a thirty year old scoreline be honest dont you just find it hilariously funny and pathetic that this one fluke of a result is all these saddos have to live of forever they have nothing on us never have never will and that is what will always hurt them

agreed! the pathetic hobo wasn't even born then, justice was served on him though did we not beat them with a few to spare that day?:107years:

think this was the 4-4 game was it not because of an incident involving murray and athrown bottle if i recall that resulted in extra minutes being played resulting in the two late graham weir goals now that is justice jambo style

Murray and Tam McManus had 7-0 and 1973 but I can't remember who had what.

Ironic given that neither of them were born at the time and unless memory fails me, McManus is a Jungle Jim

I remember once when Alex Miller said that Hibs had bossed "80%" of the game in a 1-1 draw.

He was talking through his miserable, craggy-faced puss.

...and it was the 20th time in a row his team had failed to defeat us.

Murray should stick to shaving '1973' into head whilst blowing two goal leads into injury time.

Buffalo Bill

bigis semiauskas
I remember once when Alex Miller said that Hibs had bossed "80%" of the game in a 1-1 draw.

He was talking through his miserable, craggy-faced puss.

...and it was the 20th time in a row his team had failed to defeat us.

Murray should stick to shaving '1973' into head whilst blowing two goal leads into injury time.

Buffalo Bill

Typical lack of class on their part,Robbo did more in the game and in Derbys than any Hobo ever will,yet always showed class and in some cases to much respect for them.

yeah the insides of your shorts should have been a darker shade of brown than ours, FTH

For a team at home with our away record that's a damning indictment of how poor Hibs were/are. I thought Hibs were abysmal : little attempt to play through the middle and playing quick ball constantly to the front men. Hibs way ? Pffft.

As for Murray, for him to call any team 'physical' makes me laugh. Especially when you look at his 'style' of play.

Lee Wallace

Bruno Aguiar

Laryea Kingston

Michael Stewart

Andrew Driver

5 players from the starting line-up. Are they physical? Are they ****. Mikey gets stuck in but he's hardly physical. What does that leave you with? Two centre halves, a right back, a defensive midfielder, a goalkeeper and a forward. With the exception of a right back, if you don't have 'physical' players at those positions you are going to have problems properly functioning as a football team.

A big physical side? - That from a man whose team included Rob Jones & Sol Bamba - the guy is talking out of his erse as usual.

Archived