British players you would like to see Csaba invest in?

scott_jambo

Any at all? If we brought in 3 british players, i would personally start to really identify with the club again.

We have enough talent in the squad, but we need 3 grafters and and goalscorer in my opinion.

Alan Maybury (play as you play contract)

Anthony Stokes (if his sheff united loan deal doesnt work out)

Russel Anderson (would he come?)

Darren Barr (great player)

Ive seen each player play in the flesh many times before. Something you cant say about most of our signings in the last few years.

Maybury not good enough IMO plus we have a surfeit of RBs, Stokes I'd love but he would be expensive to pay, Anderson is injured for the next year or so, Barr would cost silly money to prize away.

If we're going Scottish/British/Irish we'll have to look to the lower divisions because we won't/can't pay top dollar.

There may be wee gems to pick up at Livingston, Dundee or St Johnstone. This is where we should be looking.

:sad: Oh well.

Snodgrass is doing well for Leeds?

British players? How very racist of you...........................:rolleyes::rolleyes:

British because they know the British game better and we need a few grafters for when rival teams put out a system that stops us playing our passing game, which has happened a couple of times already this season.

Lets not let this thread go into dirty Liths etc etc..

Im more than happy to discuss players from Republic of Ireland too!

Billy Mehmet from St Midden.

Hardy barsteward...can graft and knows how to score at SPL level.

He wouldn't cost much in wages or transfer fee.

Not sure about British but i'd like us to look at younger players from the EPL. There must be lots of talent in the youth teams at Arsenal / Chelsea etc. These players regularly get sent out to championship sides so it shouldnt be outwith our capabilities of landing one or two on loan.

Billy Mehmet from St Midden.

Hardy barsteward...can graft and knows how to score at SPL level.

He wouldn't cost much in wages or transfer fee.

who would have thought perhaps a couple of years ago we would be discussing the merits of signing billy mehmet??? i agree though, he is one 'unfashionable' player who would probably do a great job for us.

He is. It's players like that we should just maybe take a gamble on.

Kevin McDonald went to Burnley for about ?300k - we should have been on to that. Scott Robertson is turning out to be a cracking signing for Dundee Utd.

There's a bit of interest in Leigh Griffiths just now. Maybe we should just steal a march and go for him. Fee will be low, wages low...what do we stand to lose?

True about Mcdonald. I heard Griffiths is a w*nk but Csaba could sort that out im sure.

I just hope we sign someone that doesnt need 'time to settle in' or is injured when we sign him.

There must be a host of league 1/championship left back/centre halves that wouldnt mind a wee pay rise and to play for Edinburghs biggest club!

If only we could get Tommy Spurr from Sheffield Wed.

Spurr/Berra partnership would be brilliant.

alwaysthereinspirit
Any at all? If we brought in 3 british players, i would personally start to really identify with the club again.

We have enough talent in the squad, but we need 3 grafters and and goalscorer in my opinion.

Alan Maybury (play as you play contract)

Anthony Stokes (if his sheff united loan deal doesnt work out)

Russel Anderson (would he come?)

Darren Barr (great player)

Ive seen each player play in the flesh many times before. Something you cant say about most of our signings in the last few years.

Would bringing in only 2 British players not work for you.:eek:

Tin Hat firmly on ..... Lee Wilkie. We so badly need a strong, physically imposing CB with experience and he is the most realistically achievable.

Jamie Smith from Aberdeen is another player I'd like to see at Hearts.

Others I have constantly banged the drum for are:

Russell Anderson (as Borthers says, out for the season but could be tempted back north)

Darren Barr (again, as Borthers mentioned would cost a small fortune but probably not as much as most reckon, worth the investment!)

Whilst I agree with Borthers at looking at the lower leagues, we lack the scouting network and managerial know how of someone like Jim Jefferies, to be able to unearth a proper gem in Scotland.

Infact, when was the last time we actually managed to produce a quality player bought from the lower divisions? Was it Jefferies or Levein who was responsible for bringing in Judas Webster?

Cameron - Raith Rovers

McCann - Dundee

Weir - Falkirk

Quite a list considering where they came from and all went onto play in the EPL at some point.

well i would take

Joe Cole

Frank Lampard

Darren Fletcher.

thats just my personal opinion.

aye true. That Steven Gerrard is crap. Much prefer Fletcher...:conf11:

rudi must stay

Leigh Griffiths. He's proved he's a goalscorer, which is what we need. Don't think he'd cost us that much either.

Hi there,

How's everyone doing? I'm new to the forums, well I say new, I've been reading the threads for a few months now, but it's only now that I've thought about diving in and getting involved. Would have introduced myself but couldn't find an introductions thread! Probably right under my nose as well!

Anyway, I completely agree with two of the previous shouts, Scott Arfield and Leigh Griffiths. Scott is going to be a strong player in the future (could see him contending for a Scotland place at some point in his career) although the only times I've seen him play in the flesh was at Tynecastle. Leigh is a good player too, I have a few friends that are Livi fans (I know, I know they do exist!) and I've been to a couple of games with them and Leigh has a fair amount of pace and skill. The only drawback from what I've seen (and heard) is that he's a bit of an arrogant nyaff. Still, he's young and that can be changed with the proper training.

It was my understanding that we have quite a few good youngsters waiting to come through (don't know what's happened to Copil but Rapnik's been on the bench a few times has he not?), so I think with the current finiancial situation, any additions would have to be budget bargans or buys for the future.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and hopefully the guff I've just spouted isn't too bad and I'll post more!

Cheers,

Andy

Personally i would be much more excited if we signed Scott Arfield than people from Europe with a big reputation. But thats just me.

We have already had:

'The fastest player in Belgium'

'The new Hagi'

'Better than Essien'

'Champions league regular Goncalves'

At least i know for a fact that Arfield is quality and would turn it on straight away for the JT's!

Hi there,

How's everyone doing? I'm new to the forums, well I say new, I've been reading the threads for a few months now, but it's only now that I've thought about diving in and getting involved. Would have introduced myself but couldn't find an introductions thread! Probably right under my nose as well!

Anyway, I completely agree with two of the previous shouts, Scott Arfield and Leigh Griffiths. Scott is going to be a strong player in the future (could see him contending for a Scotland place at some point in his career) although the only times I've seen him play in the flesh was at Tynecastle. Leigh is a good player too, I have a few friends that are Livi fans (I know, I know they do exist!) and I've been to a couple of games with them and Leigh has a fair amount of pace and skill. The only drawback from what I've seen (and heard) is that he's a bit of an arrogant nyaff. Still, he's young and that can be changed with the proper training.

It was my understanding that we have quite a few good youngsters waiting to come through (don't know what's happened to Copil but Rapnik's been on the bench a few times has he not?), so I think with the current finiancial situation, any additions would have to be budget bargans or buys for the future.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and hopefully the guff I've just spouted isn't too bad and I'll post more!

Cheers,

Andy

Big Jock Kent too! :P

aye true. That Steven Gerrard is crap. Much prefer Fletcher...:conf11:

well needed to include a scottish player so i didn't get accused of being anti-scottish.

yes , yes he did.

Probably because I should be trying to work instead of loitering around on here :P but I don't get it!

Probably because I should be trying to work instead of loitering around on here :P but I don't get it!

never heard of the saying

*** or big jock knew?

thats what were trying to say we thought your name was a pesh take off that.:)

rudi must stay
Hi there,

Cheers,

Andy

This will have to change, we have to many players like that already in the squad imo. Welcome btw :)

itsnomarooned
Maybury not good enough IMO plus we have a surfeit of RBs, Stokes I'd love but he would be expensive to pay, Anderson is injured for the next year or so, Barr would cost silly money to prize away.

If we're going Scottish/British/Irish we'll have to look to the lower divisions because we won't/can't pay top dollar.

There may be wee gems to pick up at Livingston, Dundee or St Johnstone. This is where we should be looking.

Ahem .......... Calum Elliot anyone ??:wacko:

never heard of the saying

*** or big jock knew?

thats what were trying to say we thought your name was a pesh take off that.:)

Sadly for me it's only my name! I obviously wasn't feeling terribly inspired when I signed up! I'll need to get that changed!

itsnomarooned
Tin Hat firmly on ..... Lee Wilkie. We so badly need a strong, physically imposing CB with experience and he is the most realistically achievable.

I think this is a decent shout. And just to add full body armour to that Tin Hat of yours .... how about Scott Wilson?

Hardly a silky or skillful player but experienced and "uncompromising" I think is the word.

George Boyd. Cracking player. Arfield would cost silly money and has been linked with the Chelseas and Uniteds of this world, though I wouldn't say no.

Sheep supporters up here are banging on about Charlie Mulgrew. I haven't seen him much myself but we will find out on Saturday.

rudi must stay
George Boyd. Cracking player. Arfield would cost silly money and has been linked with the Chelseas and Uniteds.

he has been linked with them. He hasn't gone there though, he's also probably not daft enough to think he'd get a game there

Ahem .......... Calum Elliot anyone ??:wacko:

Elliots Better than mole so i'd recall him if i had the chance but let him stay at livi score goals for fun confidence high when he comes back no more booing him of the park. and we'll have found the calum elliot that burley frail and other managers have seen in him.

itsnomarooned

Even the 3 tiers below the EPL can, in some instances, outbid us and offer higher wages so we may be unlikely to gather the best that they have to offer.

I'd like to see us trying to forge relationships with teams in the EPL where we get the chance of some of their emerging talent on loan for a season. Not suggesting we build a whole team like this but there could be the opportunity to get some real talent.

This will have to change, we have to many players like that already in the squad imo. Welcome btw :)

Thanks for the welcome. Apparently Griffiths had been watched by Aston Villa (again this is second hand Livi fan information so I'm not sure of the validity of it) but again it was his attitude that was the problem. And you're right, I would rather have a a hard working player being signed any day.

he has been linked with them. He hasn't gone there though, he's also probably not daft enough to think he'd get a game there

Aye, but that probably inflated his transfer fee. I don't think he'd come here either. Bryson's a good player at Kilmarnock, Griffiths as the previous poster mentioned and Boyd at Peterborough are all great prospects more within our reach.

rudi must stay
Aye, but that probably inflated his transfer fee. I don't think he'd come here either. Bryson's a good player at Kilmarnock, Griffiths as the previous poster mentioned and Boyd at Peterborough are all great prospects more within our reach.

i think we could get him for abit more than 100k. Look at what hibs did getting Rankin last year, you would have thought he'd have cost cost them half a million but they got him for about ?80,000, which is nothing in todays transfer market. We should definatly be looking at the SPL , it is probably the lowest league for prices in Britain imo

If Hearts had a policy of at least looking around the likes of Falkirk, Dundee, Dundee Utd, Raith, Dunfermline etc then I don't think we'd go far wrong.

Picking up the best players at smaller clubs who already know what Scottish Football is all about is surely no bad thing.

And when done correctly, the results can get us quality signings like:

Neil McCann

David Weir

Colin Cameron

Steven Pressley

Jim Hamilton (Scottish Cup Final hero before anyone starts!)

Andy Webster

I'm not saying every signing should be done down this route: but at least have a gander.

Buffalo Bill

Tyrion Lannister
I heard Griffiths is a w*nk but Csaba could sort that out im sure.

The lad is also a die hard hibby, verging on Riordan-esc. And was recently quoted in the evening news saying how it's his dream to play for the wee team. So I doubt he would want to come to the cup-winning team unless there was a sizeable salary involved.

Big John Sutton from Motherwell;

like his brother he can play right down the centre spine of a team. Plenty of experience of Scottish football now and regularly sticks the ball in the onion bag - would do for me

Archived