Bruno staying?

Jambo_ree

Is anyone else worried about Bruno's soon to run out contract? Given that he arrived when we were paying silly money to players to sign on, I would imagine he is one of the better paid members of the current squad.

I know that he has not always been brilliant, but always looked a player to me, and Sunday seemed like quite a return.

Gimme an H...
Is anyone else worried about Bruno's soon to run out contract? Given that he arrived when we were paying silly money to players to sign on, I would imagine he is one of the better paid members of the current squad.

I know that he has not always been brilliant, but always looked a player to me, and Sunday seemed like quite a return.

Thats the thing, Im sure some people can remember the really bad performances from him. Before he got injured he only had one or two games where he stood out.

Dont get me wrong I hope his form from sunday keeps going but as I said in another thread I would keep him hanging with the contract he's on until the 11th hour to keep his performances up.

Charlie-Brown

Bruno is a really good player as he showed on sunday and it's a shame he's been out for so long - he is now into the last 8 or 9 months of his current contract - it's a shame he's probably one of those earning at a wage level higher than the club can realistically afford...maybe he would accept a drop in wage levels to repay the club for the 18 months he was out injured?

Bit in the Metro so clearly the Daily Mail's man has been on here, seen the thread from the other day, and called Pedro Barbosa, Aguiar's agent. Barbosa for his part has stated that Hearts have not been in touch about a new deal but that the player is just back from injury and is seeking to get a run of games and be established in the team - totally sensible - and the quote is "I have not heard from Hearts yet but the most important thing for him is to keep playing in games and then we will see", but this gets reported as "Doubts Over Aguiar Deal" by the journo...

Gimme an H...
Bruno is a really good player as he showed on sunday and it's a shame he's been out for so long - he is now into the last 8 or 9 months of his current contract - it's a shame he's probably one of those earning at a wage level higher than the club can realistically afford...maybe he would accept a drop in wage levels to repay the club for the 18 months he was out injured?

Wouldnt that be nice eh?

Unfortunately it would never happen in modern day football.

Maybe back in the day.

I'd love wee Bruno to prove me wrong though!

Given how little he has contributed for his (in all likelihood considerable) wedge, I find it hard to see how we could justify keeping him, especially if we're cutting our cloth.

Would you accept a drop in pay if you were off your work for a long time? I doubt it. I know that I wouldn't.

donaldius fordovich
Would you accept a drop in pay if you were off your work for a long time? I doubt it. I know that I wouldn't.

Most of us wouldn't have a choice. Virtually all of us would find our wages reduced by our employers after a period of time. In my case I'd go onto half wages after 6 months sick. I've got no idea how it works with players but Hearts will, presumably, have an insurance policy which pays some of the player's wage whilst he is out injured (or is this too simplistic?)

Shock,Horror are we really surprised that some sections of the press have come out with this story??.

If Bruno had been dreadful and not motm on sunday would this story have been trotted out by the gutter press?,i think not.

chester copperpot

Dont care whats being reported in the papers, the simple fact is that Hearts cannot justify paying over the odds for a player which in all essence is quite injury prone.

He had a great game on Sunday, but the usual over reactions to his performance on sunday sum up this place.

He was good and I would like him to stay, but not at the expense of the club. I cannot see him being here next year, but would much prefer we offloaded the likes of Kingston etc before we looked at Bruno. Think he will be offered a new contract, but probably not the same amount he is currently earning.

Just my thoughts though.

Dont care whats being reported in the papers, the simple fact is that Hearts cannot justify paying over the odds for a player which in all essence is quite injury prone.

He had a great game on Sunday, but the usual over reactions to his performance on sunday sum up this place.

He was good and I would like him to stay, but not at the expense of the club. I cannot see him being here next year, but would much prefer we offloaded the likes of Kingston etc before we looked at Bruno. Think he will be offered a new contract, but probably not the same amount he is currently earning.

Just my thoughts though.

So many flipping accountants in the Hearts fanbase... Football fans should want to keep their better players not balance the bloody books! - leave Vlad to worry about the finances...

Toxteth O'Grady
Thats the thing, Im sure some people can remember the really bad performances from him. Before he got injured he only had one or two games where he stood out.

Dont get me wrong I hope his form from sunday keeps going but as I said in another thread I would keep him hanging with the contract he's on until the 11th hour to keep his performances up.

Was he really good on Sunday or are we just so much worse than 2006?

chester copperpot
So many flipping accountants in the Hearts fanbase... Football fans should want to keep their better players not balance the bloody books! - leave Vlad to worry about the finances...

I agree about the accountants.

Leave Vlad in charge o the finances, he's done a grand job so far eh? :rolleyes:

Guest jambomickey

Leave Vlad in charge o the finances, he's done a grand job so far eh? :rolleyes:

SPOT ON ANDY!

Gimme an H...
Was he really good on Sunday or are we just so much worse than 2006?

Dont think there's any doubt there.

chester copperpot
SPOT ON ANDY!

Stop praising me, I'll get slagged off my mates down the pub on Saturday. ;)

Guest jambomickey

HAHAHA i don't praise anybody mate but i do agree with your comment!

Everybody loves Baz

Mates?

chester copperpot
Mates?

Sorry, those nasty men in the pub, that I latch myself onto, will give me some grief again.

Signed.

Everybody loves Baz
Sorry, those nasty men in the pub, that I latch myself onto, will give me some grief again.

Signed.

That's a bit more near the truth.:)

chester copperpot
HAHAHA i don't praise anybody mate but i do agree with your comment!

Do one Hobo. :hobofish:

;););)

Bruno's future at Hearts (or lack of it) will depend to an extent on how many games he plays before he gets injured again. If he's out again in a fortnight and doesn't feature for ages there's not much chance of Vlad keeping him IMO.

chester copperpot
That's a bit more near the truth.:)

Finger is up at the screen as we talk mate.

At least I can be bothered going. ;)

RIP the Baz I used to love and know. :):P

Since you ask... Debt is the same as it was when he took over, and we've won the Cup and seen some good players come and go. We have about 3 times as many players as we did when Robbo's squad was reduced to about 18, and we have quite a few promising youngsters whilst we just had a few back then. This regime has not been the disaster many on here talk about, when you ignore what could have been, and rather review what actually has happened.

Everybody loves Baz
Finger is up at the screen as we talk mate.

At least I can be bothered going. ;)

RIP the Baz I used to love and know. :):P

I'll be back for the tick game mate, maybe even stay back after the game if you're staying out ?

Guest jambomickey
Since you ask... Debt is the same as it was when he took over, and we've won the Cup and seen some good players come and go. We have about 3 times as many players as we did when Robbo's squad was reduced to about 18, and we have quite a few promising youngsters whilst we just had a few back then. This regime has not been the disaster many on here talk about, when you ignore what could have been, and rather review what actually has happened.

loads of players now i'll give you that but the vast majority are dross! we didn't have anywhere near as much off field rubbish before in he past, madfud can gtf

chester copperpot

Im not in the mood to argue mate, its CL night, however that statement is flawed to the extreme. Jesus.

Will drop you a PM later, as nows not the time or the place. Cheers.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Normally from anyone else I would regard this as a p*ss take.

But from you, I know you actually mean this.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Christ, when will it end with you.

Your views are completely discredited.

(Where's my 'Downfall' DVD...?)

Christ, when will it end with you.

Your views are completely discredited.

(Where's my 'Downfall' DVD...?)

You mean "discredited" like your Season Ticket boycott?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
You mean "discredited" like your Season Ticket boycott?

Like your pseudo-intellectual delusions of knowing more than the common herd?

loads of players now i'll give you that but the vast majority are dross! we didn't have anywhere near as much off field rubbish before in he past, madfud can gtf

Some players are dross indeed but others are being made into a team by Csaba - Sunday and the first few games of the season showed that the talent is there to be a better than decent team, but the cohesion, spirit, confidence and personnel to fit the tactics were not. I think Csaba is doing a fine job so far even though I'm not a fan of 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 (whichever the system actually is). Csaba is right though we have too many players for some positions and too few for others. The squad is badly unbalanced and this does need fixed in January.

Like your pseudo-intellectual delusions of knowing more than the common herd?

Says the guy who likes to quote the likes of General Patton and Bob Dylan out of context...that's 2 utterly hypocritical posts in a row from you! LOL You're on a hattrick now...

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Says the guy who likes to quote the likes of General Patton and Bob Dylan out of context...that's 2 utterly hypocritical posts in a row from you! LOL You're on a hattrick now...

Spelly, Czech your heid for a humour button.

You really are a bad loser.

Spelly, Czech your heid for a humour button.

You really are a bad loser.

Humour? Perhaps you need to google the definition...That's your hattrick Jambo hero.

Dr Ian Malcolm

If we're gonna balance the books, its guys like Basso and Makela that need to be moved on - the ones on big-ish wages who are contrbuting nothing. I don't mind paying players like Bruno a decent wage if their gonna perform like he did on Sunday (tbh I think overall Bruno's been one of the few successful "Vlad signings"). I would imagine he's on a few grand a week, but not in the Kingston category so I don't think he's crippling us. First and foremost he's a good player - we've been short on them over the last 18 - 24 months.

Archived