Opta Stats - SPL

K1874M

I'm guessing there is no such system in Scotland where players stats are collected every game, ie pass completion, shots on target etc??

Cheers guys, was just really interested in seeing certain players, pass completion and tackles won stats.

Pretty sure it would make interesting reading.

i can remember nade having 600 shots at goal not coming close what a fa**y

Aye I remember that....oh were you being funny?

Getting too much like yankee crap with "assists" and how many metres people have run (not many in the Hearts forward department).

Getting too much like yankee crap with "assists" and how many metres people have run (not many in the Hearts forward department).

I'd say its moving on with technology rather than becoming 'yankee'.

I might be boring but I quite like stats on assists, tackles made, passes completed etc... tends to highlight trends that others miss.

The stats are pesh to say the best.

Ref = wrong

On Setanta after the game (I sky + recorded it) it said that Hibs total attempts were 10 and Hearts were 12. Possession was 54% - 46% in Hibs favour.

this_is_my_story

Ref = wrong

On Setanta after the game (I sky + recorded it) it said that Hibs total attempts were 10 and Hearts were 12. Possession was 54% - 46% in Hibs favour.

Have often wondered how the posession stats are collated... Is it done relating to time on the ball, or worked out from the total amount of touches of the ball for each team, or what?

Doctor FinnBarr
I'd say its moving on with technology rather than becoming 'yankee'.

I might be boring but I quite like stats on assists, tackles made, passes completed etc... tends to highlight trends that others miss.

Its not "assists", its "made".

:)

Ref = wrong

that could be true, Ma-Kalamity took forever when he had possesion. he stood gormless holding the ball and spent ages taking goal kicks. that probably adds to hibs poession stats.

the actual 'ball in play' possesin stats should be in hearts favour.

Have often wondered how the posession stats are collated... Is it done relating to time on the ball, or worked out from the total amount of touches of the ball for each team, or what?

Think its simply who has possession of the ball... ball out, team throwing or kicking have posession. Balls 50ft up in the air, last team to touch it have posession.

Archived