Beware Missing Elec & Gas Meters

flecktimus

Just a wee word of warning if you are moving into or buying a property that has had its meters removed as there is now a charge of ?650 per meter to replace them.

I have just been stung by British Gas despite the fact that I phoned them before purchasing the property and being assured that there was no charge for the meter to be replaced. Now that I have purchased the property, its pay up or no electricity. Apparently i am being punished because the last person who owned the house bye passed the meter.

So why tell me there would be no charge before i purchased. If they had told me about the cost I could have gone to the vendor for the ?650.

I fecking hate British Gas they are just a set of robbing Barstewards

Prince Buaben
Just a wee word of warning if you are moving into or buying a property that has had its meters removed as there is now a charge of ?650 per meter to replace them.

I have just been stung by British Gas despite the fact that I phoned them before purchasing the property and being assured that there was no charge for the meter to be replaced. Now that I have purchased the property, its pay up or no electricity. Apparently i am being punished because the last person who owned the house bye passed the meter.

So why tell me there would be no charge before i purchased. If they had told me about the cost I could have gone to the vendor for the ?650.

How's it ?600???

What reason was given for you having to pay for it??

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Theres an ombudsman you can go to for things like this

My mate had a cable running thru his loft space when he did his dormer conversion and the electricity board wanted nearly ?2k to move it. His missus went to CAB and they put her in touch with this body and he got it done for ?300

They just make a price up and expect suckers to pay it

I'd ask them for a breakdown of the costs

How's it ?600???

What reason was given for you having to pay for it??

?250 Investigation charge

?390 Admin and reconnecting

and i have no choice

Theres an ombudsman you can go to for things like this

My mate had a cable running thru his loft space when he did his dormer conversion and the electricity board wanted nearly ?2k to move it. His missus went to CAB and they put her in touch with this body and he got it done for ?300

They just make a price up and expect suckers to pay it

I'd ask them for a breakdown of the costs

Already been in touch with the energy Ombudsman, British Gas are within there legal rights to charge and anyway I cannot make a complaint for 8 weeks until I have exhausted all avenues with British gas. So basically I would have to go 8 weeks without electricity

Already been in touch with the energy Ombudsman, British Gas are within there legal rights to charge and anyway I cannot make a complaint for 8 weeks until I have exhausted all avenues with British gas. So basically I would have to go 8 weeks without electricity

Try contacting "Consumer Direct", they've just taken over from Energywatch at the start of this month. I'm no expert, but this sounds as if you're having the urine extracted by British Gas.

Archived