A centre midfield three of Stewart, Bruno and Karapidis?

Buffalo Bill

Is this worth sacrificing a forward for?

Or the little man 'in the hole'? Audrey? :rolleyes:

I've been a bit down on Csaba's tactics in recent weeks, but on the basis of yesterday, he's given me reason to think again.

Karapidis mopping up, Bruno purring about like a Rolls Royce, and Mikey supporting the forward?

We owned the centre of the park: but at what cost?

Thoughts people?

Buffalo Bill

I've been a bit down on Csaba's tactics in recent weeks, but on the basis of yesterday, he's given me reason to think again.

Karapidis mopping up, Bruno purring about like a Rolls Royce, and Mikey supporting the forward?

Thoughts people?

Buffalo Bill

No cost at all.That system with a real striker would be deadly.3 times alone in the first half Kingston played great through balls over the top to Nade and each time he dithered.He can hold the ball good but he does not have the mindset of a finnisher.So to sum it up we look much better in midfield but still lacking in the striking department.

Thoughts people?

Buffalo Bill

If we can get Nade firing on all cylinders, or Tullberg for more than an hour, that 3 in the middle would suit me fine.

I think having Driver out wide helps relieve the main striker a hell of a lot, and if Larry would pull the finger out (or get Miko in instead) then the support is there from the centre and both flanks to complement 1 up front.

In the SPL if you can win the midfield you have a decent chance, as the smaller teams pack that area to stifle anything. Beat that and you'll beat them.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Seeing the formation work gives me great encouragement, I think yesterday all of Shabas ideas came together for a while.

I thought we created a lot of good chances and on another day, Nade would have got his goal ... he needs a bit of match time.

The big problem is we have no other players in the squad who can come in and make the formation work when we get injuries/suspensions.

I'd also like to see Ruben or Jonsson replace Karipidis in midfield so he can move back to centre half.

A team of

Balough

Neilson Berra Karipidis Wallace

Jonnson Kingston Bruno Stewart Driver

Nade/Tullberg

That looks really good to me.

Agree that we need a real striker to take advantage of this sort of formation.

Someone like Hot shot Hamish would do it. :)

Anyway who would sit on the right ? Kingston or Miko ?

Forever Maroon

Now that Bruno's back i'm hoping Karapidis is dropped..... no real issue playing 4-3-3 (4-5-1) as long as the players are in the correct positions. A centre half in midfield will not do, IMO Karapidis could have done, better, much better to stop the early goal, maybe harsh but that's my opinion. Yesterday proved we need a goal scorer ASAP

Either

Kingston should move back into the centre.

He leaves us exposed on the wing and I don't think we are using him in the best way possible.

Having him in a centre midfield of 3 allows him to be a bit lazy and do what he does best ... create.

Forwards need a run of games to find the scoring touch at times. Binning Nade after missing one really good chance would be foolish. Give him a run, let's see how we do. There's plenty of time left in the season.

things could look a bit different after the next transfer window. there has to be a chance that some players will be cashed in on, kingston being the obvious one.

then there's no debate, driver-aguiar-karipidis-stewart-mikoliunas would be the 5 in midfield.

until then it's going to be interesting who sits out.

Forwards need a run of games to find the scoring touch at times. Binning Nade after missing one really good chance would be foolish. Give him a run, let's see how we do. There's plenty of time left in the season.

Yep.

Nade looked more dangerous in 90 minutes than Mole has all season.

rudi must stay

Thoughts people?

Buffalo Bill

if Tullberg is as good a player as Csaba thinks then that could definatly work. Because to play that you need to have a goalscorer, that's what we were missing yesterday

It worked well yesterday, we shall see how it develops over the next couple of games.

Exactly!!

I would go with the same team again for sat maybe with the exception of Larry.

I thought Kari was brilliant in the middle of the park. He broke the play up, was good on the ball and passing was decent. I do agree, however that was should be playing someine in there who is more natural ie jonsson or ruben.

Ruben is a class act. we seem to have a very strong midfield and for once competition for places. Just hope the layers are used in the right way.

Exactly!!

I would go with the same team again for sat maybe with the exception of Larry.

I thought Kari was brilliant in the middle of the park. He broke the play up, was good on the ball and passing was decent. I do agree, however that was should be playing someine in there who is more natural ie jonsson or ruben.

Ruben is a class act. we seem to have a very strong midfield and for once competition for places. Just hope the layers are used in the right way.

Are Ruben, Stewart and Bruno a bit similar though?

If Bruno is going to play like that every week then fair enough. But seeing as he has form for being inconsistent I wouldn't get too excited. Definite start next week though.

A team of

Balough

Neilson Berra Karipidis Wallace

Jonnson Kingston Bruno Stewart Driver

Nade/Tullberg

That looks really good to me.

Not sure that any of our goalies are better than each other.

But I think you've got the best outfield players spot on. Kingston and Jonsson would chance positions in my chosen best team though.

best in the land

for now that would be the best midfield 3 we have, but would prefer a natural def mid in january.the priority has to be the right striker to play in that system which imo we dont have.i think nade is probably the best of a bad bunch,without seeing enough of tullberg.but imo needs to play with a natural finisher.

I still prefer Karapidis in defence too but I thought he played really well against Hibs.

On the question of Kingston, I think he's a good player when he can be bothered. He has talent but I question his application. I can't see him being here long term, although you could maybe say the same for Karapidis.

And what of Obua? Where does this guy fit in? If at all?

Bruno Aguiar though, has cheered me up no end.

Buffalo Bill

Thoughts people?

Buffalo Bill

I don't think at any cost based on yesterday's game - we created as many chances as they did and I believe ours were better. We just weren't clinical enough.

Perhaps if there is one thing it is that we only have one target, so our midfielders need to be pulling defenders around a bit more. Alot now rests on Stewart to be getting into the box, ala Hartley/Cameron and taking the responsibility away from the front man.

Its ironic though that yesterday's formation was closer the 4-5-1 that is so abhorred on here, yet it seemed more effective than the Shabba's usual pseudo 4-4-2...

I'd question the need to always have as defensive a player in midfield as Karapidis. He had a fine game yesterday, but that was helped by the abject display from the Hibs midfield. In home games to anyone other than Rangers or Celtic we should be sacrificing him in there for a second forward.

Still shot-shy up front.

Agree with most of what has been said but I think Nade contribution to the system has been under-estimated. Keep repeated myself but Nade will never be prolific but he really makes the system work. If he is to be replaced we would need someone with strength, who can hold the ball and finish. These type of players don't grow on trees.

markletissier

agree that kingston is much more effective in the middle, i think we have the potential to have the best midfield in the league with aguiar, kingston and stewart in the middle with driver and miko (so long as he's in a good mood) running the wings.

I think it could work but only if we have someone who gives us a bit more than Kingston on the right. Someone that will get up and support and offer a big goal threat.

Archived