give aguiar a new contract vlad.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Frankenstein Jambo.

The guy proved yesterday that he is pure class act. He ran the show yesterday and will only get better with matches. Him and michael stewart will be a great partnership. He only has 1 year left, so please vlad tie him down for another couple of seasons.

Tom

The guy proved yesterday that he is pure class act. He ran the show yesterday and will only get better with matches. Him and michael stewart will be a great partnership. He only has 1 year left, so please vlad tie him down for another couple of seasons.

Tom

It's only one game mate lets see how he does up until Christmas time.If he is any good and shows a bit of loyalty after being out for so long Vlad could offer him a new deal then.Was excellent yesterday but he has to keep producing now.To many talented players in the Hearts squad that are on big bucks but under achieve lets make Bruno earn his contract.

The guy is class. Let's hope he gets a new three year deal.

Buffalo Bill

To many talented players in the Hearts squad that are on big bucks but under achieve lets make Bruno earn his contract.

True, but Bruno has never been what you could call a wage thief.

The guy gives 100% in every game.

Buffalo Bill

Frankenstein Jambo.

Give him a one year extension at least to prove that he injury free and worthy of a longer contract.

The guy is class. Let's hope he gets a new three year deal.

Buffalo Bill

You are right, Bruno is without a doubt is a class act and showed Hearts yesterday why we should put our faith in him and give him a new contract!

it makes perfect sense to get bruno on a longer contract. as it is, hearts can't command a decent fee for him if he's set on going elsewhere. vlad has done it in the past to get players signed up, even if there's no willingness on one or both parties for the player to stay long term... skacel signed permanently and immediately sold, goncalves signed up on a new contract and immediately loaned out, gordon signed up again for the purpose of creating a much more valuable asset.

my own choice would be for him to stay with us if he continues in that vein, failing that then i'll be happy if they get him signed up again to command a fee.

Frankenstein Jambo.

It's just really shocking to think how bad we have become compared to the burley era though. I have always rated bruno as class but he couldn't even get a regular start back then. Now he is our best player probably and he' been out for 18 month!

VLAD YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!

It's just really shocking to think how bad we have become compared to the burley era though. I have always rated bruno as class but he couldn't even get a regular start back then. Now he is our best player probably and he' been out for 18 month!

To be fair, Bruno wasn't around in the Burley era to get a start!

Rix (or Vlad) signed him in Jan 06 and was a regular (often keeping Brellier out the team) until his injury.

His performances before his injury were quite often superb.

Buffalo Bill

I know what you mean but Bruno arrived after Burley had left the club.

Deserves at least a year's extension to enable him to prove his fitness.

I know what you mean but Bruno arrived after Burley had left the club.

Deserves at least a year's extension to enable him to prove his fitness.

I worry that he will be let go when his contract ends.Another cost cutting thing.Hope i'm wrong but thats what i reckon.

The Old Tolbooth
I worry that he will be let go when his contract ends.Another cost cutting thing.Hope i'm wrong but thats what i reckon.

I have a feeling you could be right, but it would be a huge mistake to do that imo as he's like a new signing to us.

I honestly believe he will be away in Jan - he will not get a new contract. We will lose several established palyers in Jan.

Thought he was outstanding yesterday.

I honestly believe he will be away in Jan - he will not get a new contract. We will lose several established palyers in Jan.

Thought he was outstanding yesterday.

I think it depends on the severity of the cash flow crisis. Remember cash flow can be eased with increased income as well as reduced costs, if the team continues to perform well crowds will increase again and we may be able to retain someone such as Aguiar.

As I've said before on this forum however, we could easily shed Basso, Makela, Banks, Paluzuelos, Karipidis and on current form Kingston, substantially cutting the wage bill with minimal impact on the team.

alwaysthereinspirit

Tom

You just jinxed him. Mad will now get shot off him because you like a player more than our saviour. Tsk tsk tsk.

Gimme an H...

Tom

How long till it runs out?

I'd be tempted to wait until the VERY last minute to give him one. Yes he was our best player yesterday but I remember the games where he had a nightmare. The longer he sits on the same contract without the security of a bumper deal the better IMO as how many times have we seen a players performances waine (sp?) after they get their new deal?

I know is contact is up at the end of the year but I am positive I read sometime last year that we signed him on a 4 year deal and there was a bit of debate on here as he was out injured. I cannot find sweet FA on-line anywhere so I must have dreamt it up!

Get him signed!

Mentioned this on another thread last night.

Bruno always looked a good player in a 4 man midfield, but I think yesterday showed that he is the type of player that can make our 4-5-1 formation work. It is a system made for a player like him IMHO.

Bruno has the skill and ability to put his foot on the ball in midfield, beat a man, evade a tackle - slowing the game up just enough to let Kingston, Driver and Stewart (hell, even Karapidis at times yesterday) burst forward to support the striker. Bruno then has the passing ability to find one of the players now ahead of him on the pitch. 4-5-1 suddenly becomes 4-3-3 or even 4-2-4.

He's still a young guy and we need to use him carefully in the next few weeks. However, I'd give him a two year extension now.

And after that, I would enjoy him while we can because he will move onto bigger and better things.

Bruno is class I have always liked him. I think he is awesome when he gets the ball surronded by players and can always find a team mate rather than a panicy hot potatoe style pass a lot of other players play under pressure.

Dont think he is a wage thief he was legitimately halfed by Brellier which caused his injury rather than just being injured for the sake of being injured like Pinigol or Bes.

Id do all I could to keep him and give him as much time on the park as possible. Despite Karapidis playing well in the holding zone id try Ruben there to have Ruben, Stewart, Aguair in the middle.

Unfortunately, Bruno is a surviving member of the cup winning team. In Vlad's eyes this will probably make him a traitor and untrustworthy, so I suspect he'll be released and made an example of.

Archived