Nade, how is he in the squad?

perthjambo

Being over in Oz I have to rely on media reports, HW and kickback for my intepretation of each game. Having recently got Setanta I watched the game live on telly. For a neutral point of view the game was entertaining, not for the skill but for the unforced errors that both teams committed and gave the opposition a chance. Both teams are rubbish and have a long way to go before they can even think about silverware.

Getting back to the title, Nade could not lace John Robertson's boots. He is big, strong and does not use that ability enough. He is lazy, does not know where to get in the right position for a striker,has no eye for goal at all. At best I would give him a game with Spartans. If you watch the game on telly again you can see Mike Stewart and others turn thier faces when he mucks it up time after time. Come January have a big clear out and get a striker that will give us 15 to 20 goals a season

From Perth to Paisley

Thank christ you've not seen Jamie Mole play up front on his own then.... The difference between him and Nade is like night and day!

The Old Tolbooth

Nade played well yesterday and put a very decent shift in to be fair, he's twice the player Mole is (literally!)

Being over in Oz I have to rely on media reports, HW and kickback for my intepretation of each game. Having recently got Setanta I watched the game live on telly. For a neutral point of view the game was entertaining, not for the skill but for the unforced errors that both teams committed and gave the opposition a chance. Both teams are rubbish and have a long way to go before they can even think about silverware.

Getting back to the title, Nade could not lace John Robertson's boots. He is big, strong and does not use that ability enough. He is lazy, does not know where to get in the right position for a striker,has no eye for goal at all. At best I would give him a game with Spartans. If you watch the game on telly again you can see Mike Stewart and others turn thier faces when he mucks it up time after time. Come January have a big clear out and get a striker that will give us 15 to 20 goals a season

Pfft.

Nade is the only person in the squad who could have played that role yesterday.

And he did it well.

You may not like it, and he may not be that good, but he is also probably the best striker we have.

Another poster on to give a player pelters, for their part in a good overall job done by the team.

Honestly, who needs the opposition to give the players grief when our own fans are so instrumental at bringing the players down a peg or two themselves.

Pfft...

Being in Oz and relying on media reports, then maybe you should listen to many of those who were at the game instead of basing your opinion solely on the media and coming on here with a rant that about a player, when you openly admit your taking this info second hand.

I have listened to the HW commentating team which includes Gary Mackay and I am agreeing with them although this was my first look at him. My first impression is not a very good one that is what I'm implying. If we haven't got any better than him, then roll on.

The media report in the express is not too kind to Nade!

I thought he did well yesterday, holding the ball up and bringing the midfielders into the game, plays good early balls out to Driver and Kingston too - I think there are goals in him once he gets a bit sharper.

Whatever other accusation you could make about Nade yesterday - lazy is not one of them.

The media report in the express is not too kind to Nade!

I thought he did well yesterday, holding the ball up and bringing the midfielders into the game, plays good early balls out to Driver and Kingston too - I think there are goals in him once he gets a bit sharper.

When were the media ever really kind to Hearts. I had the misfortune to read the match report in the Sun (don't worry I didn't buy it - I was at the barbers) this morning and wondered if their reporter was at the same game that I was.

Personally I thought Nade had a good game yesterday - apart from the awful miss near the end.

Gimme an H...
Whatever other accusation you could make about Nade yesterday - lazy is not one of them.

Agreed. I've been guilty of labelling him with that but could not say that yesterday.

Lazy? Try Kingston.

Keep hearing people banging on about goalscorers etc and blaming Nade for not being one. If you have ever played football at a semi decent level or have any clue about football at all for that matter you will know that a lone striker in that system yesterday should never be a 'goalscorer' type player. (Thats why Kris Boyd never starts as a lone striker for Rankgers).

Nade played the target man extremely well yesterday and while some might think if you play upfront then your first job is to score no matter where you get the ball, a target mans first job is to hold it up, lay it off, knock it on for others running off him.

Which he did all day long yesterday.

From Perth to Paisley

Personally I thought Nade had a good game yesterday - apart from the awful miss near the end.

Spot on - we looked more dangerous than any other time this season - it is so important when you oplay 4-5-1 that the striker can hold the ball up in a central position to allow the midfield to come onto the game. Nade did this much better than Jamie Mole has been doing.

Although I don't think thats Jamie's natural game - looks like he wants to run the channels and would probably work quite well with Nade.

nade had one of his best ever games for hearts. he's not exactly wayne rooney or dimitar berbatov but he did well enough. he's been useless in the past but yesterday he was effective in the role he was asked to play. give the big man a break ffs.

Say What Again

I really don't get the criticism of Nade's performance yesterday :sad:, in fact I nearly started a thread about it.

I watched with a bunch of guys yesterday and a 3 of them wanted Nade punted and nowhere near the first team ever again.

I thought he did OK and, as someone has pointed out, would you rather have Jamie Mole? :eek:

Gimme an H...
I really don't get the criticism of Nade's performance yesterday :sad:, in fact I nearly started a thread about it.

I watched with a bunch of guys yesterday and a 3 of them wanted Nade punted and nowhere near the first team ever again.

I thought he did OK and, as someone has pointed out, would you rather have Jamie Mole? :eek:

Im with you I cant believe some of the criticism he's been getting. Rediculous.

I'm no fan of Nade by any means, i've probably been one of his biggest critics over recent months.

However, I think he put in a good shift yesterday and I actually foudn myself saying he'd played quite well.

I'd still like to see him grabbing more goals - but as a general performance, i dont think he can be faulted too much for yesterday.

Archived