Kello V Balogh

jumpship

Who should be Hearts No1  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who should be Hearts No1

With Kello being out of sorts for the last couple of games .....

Plus with Balogh doing so well against the hobo's .....

Do you think Hearts should have a change in Goalkeeper.

Didn't give anymore options as we all know Banks and MacDonald haven't got a hope in getting a game ahead of them two.

FTH

I think it's been fairly obvious that Csaba considered Balogh to be the number 1 but, because Kello had done nothing wrong, Csaba did what a good manager should, and kept him in the team. I think we'll find now that Balogh retains his place. I've watched Balogh a couple of times in the reserves and he's impressed me each time. He commands his area well and is a good shot stopper. My only concern would be his kicking but I used to have concerns about Craig Gordon's as well!

I think it's been fairly obvious that Csaba considered Balogh to be the number 1 but, because Kello had done nothing wrong, Csaba did what a good manager should, and kept him in the team. I think we'll find now that Balogh retains his place. I've watched Balogh a couple of times in the reserves and he's impressed me each time. He commands his area well and is a good shot stopper. My only concern would be his kicking but I used to have concerns about Craig Gordon's as well!

It was certainly far better than Kello's yesterday. People are going on about Zaliukas almost selling the jerseys yesterday - but Kello almost did it for us in the first half with that shocking kick out landing right at a Hibs players feet.

If Kello has got a fractured jaw, then Belogh will get his chance.

Due to the injury he received yesterday, I think that anyone with a brain will realise that JB will be between the sticks versus the sheep on Saturday as opposed to Kello who had a nightmare in the 45 minutes he was on the park yesterday.

Balogh has to be the new and permanent No1... a fantastic debut under incredibly difficult cicumstances... a couple of top drawer saves also!

I like Kello, didn't rate him at first but his performances have won me over. Admittedly his kicking over the past two games has been nothing short of shocking but he has been relatively solid with few mistakes.

But given how quickly McDonald was shunted to see what Kello could do, I think it's now time to let Balogh have his turn to impress.

I think Kello is good enough, whereas I don't know enough about Balogh yet to win me over, despite an assured performance yesterday. Still Kello though, despite a howler in the Derby.

Due to the injury he received yesterday, I think that anyone with a brain will realise that JB will be between the sticks versus the sheep on Saturday as opposed to Kello who had a nightmare in the 45 minutes he was on the park yesterday.

Nonsense it's only a fractured cheekbone. Bert trautmann would be rolling in his grave!

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Balogh has waited for his opportunity in a professional manner therefore deserves the chance to stake his claim as first choice Goalkeeper.

I may have been different had we seen both keepers in action and then a choice would have to be made by Csaba.

Am i right in thinking you cannot play for 14 days after a concussion anyway ???

If so,then its an easy choice for Csaba v the sheep.

I am not at all sure that any of the goalkeepers - Banks, Basso, Balogh, Kello or MacDonald - are much better than the rest of the group.

Had high hopes for Kello after his first couple of games, but he has been shakey recently.

Charlie-Brown

Kello definitely needs to work on his kicking after his last 2 outings although it seems to be a confidence thing because his kicking was relatively good in his early appearances...if he is in any doubt then he should just put his foot firmly through the ball & play it long ie safety first....his handling & taking of cross balls remained strong yesterday.

Balogh had a couple of good & important saves and had some good early catches to build his confidence and looked decent so far as we've seen.....if Kello is struggling with injury or confidence in his kicking then Balogh should keep the jersey.

boy_in_maroon

ditto;)

kello is a good shot stopper and usually has very good control and kicks. Yesterday he seemed really nervous, his kicks were shocking and bad control nearly cost us a goal. Dont know if it was because it was a derby or he's just losing form. Balogh seemed really calm when he came on and didnt concede, no mistakes either. Maybe he should be given a chance and if he is crap go back to kello. Kello has only kept one clean sheet this season vs Inverness.

As was said earlier, JB was signed as the starting keeper but circumstances allowed Kello to get an opportunity which he took.

Don't think Kello will be available next week so JB will get the nod. Will be interesting to see if he takes his chance.

Have to say I was very impressed with him yesterday given the circumstances.

How many mistakes did Jamie MacDonald make before he got dropped?

How many mistakes did Stevie Banks make before he got dropped?

Rudolf's Mate
How many mistakes did Jamie MacDonald make before he got dropped?

How many mistakes did Stevie Banks make before he got dropped?

Spot on but I think JB deserves his chance. I couldn't believe what I was seeing with Kello and his kicking. It was as though the roles had been reversed on us with the hobos. Granted their keeper wasn't much better if being honest!

Let's not forget that overall, Kello has been a fine goalkeeper for us, and I'd like to see him back pushing Bologh for the jersey.

Well done to Balogh for coming on a playing a starring role.

Buffalo Bill

kello has been good recenty but yesterday he just seemed out of sorts,...even in the warm up he just seemed to be nervous or something

balogn will get to keep his place next game as im sure csabas always considered him the number 1 keeper, but having kello as the back up is a good thing

Tyrion Lannister

Stupid poll in my eyes. How can we judge Balogh on 45 minutes, yes he was outstanding and did everything well, but so did Kello in his first few games, now his confidence is shot and he has turned gash.

It's one thing to say MacDonald, Banks & Kello never did "anything wrong", but what I feel is none of them pull off the unexpected saves we used to get from CG. Yes we were spoilt but there is nothing wrong with hoping for the occasional world class save. Watching games now you almost know which shots will hit the net, especially from Banks & Kello, both of whom are just that wee bit short or their reach is short. I have lost count of the amount of goals both have let in where they dive & just need an inch or two more to tip the shot away.

Give JB his chance. Three tried & none of them float my boat.:sad:

Archived