How bad are we?

david mcgee

Really rubbish.

Our keeper couldnae kick Nades backside.

Kingston found standing up difficult, never mind hitting the back of an empty net.

Zaliukas back pass was excrutiating.

Our defence stayed strong for about 80 seconds......................

..............and yet!?

We looked to have a future, glimmers of light, opportunities to flourish and grow.

The hobos......................... Oh dear!

Macalamity makes Zibi look World class, how we never made this numptie pay for his soap on a rope performance worries me.

Bamba, eeekkk! Horrific is too good for him.

Van Zanten, call in Rebus, the guys murder.

Lewis Stevenson, Why?

Thicket, wholly molley, worse than a tolley!

Murray, finished!

Nish, you can fill in the blanks.

Probably one of the worst hibs teams i have ever seen, we were much better and should have won, however we could have thrown it away.

With about twenty minutes to go we seemed to settle for a draw, sad days indeed, where was the ambition?

If we dont have the bottle to throttle that pile of manure i fear for the future.

Really rubbish.

Kingston found standing up difficult, never mind hitting the back of an empty net.

..............and yet!?

We looked to have a future, glimmers of light, opportunities to flourish and grow.

Macalamity makes Zibi look World class, how we never made this numptie pay for his soap on a rope performance worries me.

Lewis Stevenson, Why?

Murray, finished!

Probably one of the worst hibs teams i have ever seen, we were much better and should have won, however we could have thrown it away.

With about twenty minutes to go we seemed to settle for a draw, sad days indeed, where was the ambition?

If we dont have the bottle to throttle that pile of manure i fear for the future.

Your post reeks of negativity which is pretty poor considering.

We have been on a horrific run of form as of late so a point at Fester was a good result all considering, however we could have won.

But to say we are rubbish is a bit OTT, that was an extremely hard-working, spirited performance from us today with a number of players returning from injury.

Also, our keeper, I assume you are referring to Kello, has actually been pretty solid. Yes, his kicking is a problem which needs dealt with but has he cost us any goals this season? I don't think so.

To say our defence was poor, is also terribly harsh. A momentary lapse has cost us a goal, fair enough other than that were not many mistakes made. Berra, Jonsson and Wallace were solid. Zaliukas marked Jones out the game also, yes he made an awful back pass which almost cost us a goal but it didn't and therefore I am happy.

We settled for a draw is another ridiculous statement did you actually watch this game. We had chances throughout the last quarter of this game, Nade missed a sitter in this time and Aguiar also had a chance. We pressed them continually but you say we settle for a draw. I'm sorry but you must either be drunk at the moment or have had a loss of memory.

FTH.

Be more positive please, support your side.

this_is_my_story
Really rubbish.

..............and yet!?

Lewis Stevenson, Why?

Murray, finished!

We're no that bad! You're bang on with what you say about most of the Hibs players that you mention though, we had the beating of them and didn't take that opportunity. Nade was utter pish IMO though, should have been subbed well before he was - couldn't hold the ball up at all, and his last minute sitter miss was a pure shocker. If only we'd had a goalscorer in the team today, we'd have taken the 3 points.

Sorry my man, you're at it.

We should have won today. By a mile.

9 great performances and a couple of OK ones. That's a derby performance at Easter Road for me. Well done to all involved.

We have been on a horrific run of form as of late so a point at Fester was a good result all considering, however we could have won.

But to say we are rubbish is a bit OTT, that was an extremely hard-working, spirited performance from us today with a number of players returning from injury.

Also, our keeper, I assume you are referring to Kello, has actually been pretty solid. Yes, his kicking is a problem which needs dealt with but has he cost us any goals this season? I don't think so.

To say our defence was poor, is also terribly harsh. A momentary lapse has cost us a goal, fair enough other than that were not many mistakes made. Berra, Jonsson and Wallace were solid. Zaliukas marked Jones out the game also, yes he made an awful back pass which almost cost us a goal but it didn't and therefore I am happy.

FTH.

I am positive, i thought we had plenty more positives than the hobos.

Aguair had a brilliant return.

Driver looked dangerous.(despite being rusty)

Berra was solid.

Wallace looked to gain confidence and strength as the game wore on, still charging forward when most on the park were pooped.

The new keeper saved Zaliukas blushes, and we were by far the best team.

Hardly negative, but a degree of realism.

They were honking, and we should have pumped them!

its the best we've played for a weeks so are we that bad? imo we deserved to win and it was only Kingston (again) who's performance let the team down

Yes we should have won.

Yet, you chose to describe the game in a full blown -ve aspect.

I can see that you think because we did not win against a pish team = we are also pish. Well, at the moment it depends what level of pish you're on about. I would put us on a level above the pish we faced today/sun; based purely on the performance. This does not mean that we are a good level of pish or even an OF level of pish but our expectations should be to expect more pish before we reach a decent level of pish.

Yes we should have won.

Yet, you chose to describe the game in a full blown -ve aspect.

I can see that you think because we did not win against a pish team = we are also pish. Well, at the moment it depends what level of pish you're on about. I would put us on a level above the pish we faced today/sun; based purely on the performance. This does not mean that we are a good level of pish or even an OF level of pish but our expectations should be to expect more pish before we reach a decent level of pish.

Is he talking pish?

That was the best we have played at Easter Road for years. I always felt we had the upper hand and were the more positive team. Their front three will cause teams problems but their midfield and back four will conteract that!!

Bruno Bruno was fantastic, I forgot how good a player he is!

Now if we had a decent striker we could have won by a few........

brellierlegend

Thought we were fantastic. However, my main concern is our lapses of concentration which seem to be happening far to often and our inability to take chances.

People can moan and groan about having one up front but thats the way football is going now. We created more than enough yesterday.

Two man central midfields will often get out numbered. The important thing is to get your widemen to support the lone central guy.

I watched the game yesterday on Setanta at my brother-in-law's, the first SPL game I've seen for a few years, and I'm sorry to say I thought the standard was absolutely dreadful from both sides. There appears to have been a major reduction in the quality of Scottish football over the last few years if yesterday was anything to judge by. I always talk up Scottish football down here but after watching that I'm not sure I'll be quite so quick to do so. If I hadn't seen a league table showing Hibs fourth and Hearts fifth in the table I'd have said it was a game between two teams likely to be battling against relegation. I know a derby can be short of quality due to the pressure surrounding the fixture but this was really really poor fare.

I watched the game yesterday on Setanta at my brother-in-law's, the first SPL game I've seen for a few years, and I'm sorry to say I thought the standard was absolutely dreadful from both sides. There appears to have been a major reduction in the quality of Scottish football over the last few years if yesterday was anything to judge by. I always talk up Scottish football down here but after watching that I'm not sure I'll be quite so quick to do so. If I hadn't seen a league table showing Hibs fourth and Hearts fifth in the table I'd have said it was a game between two teams likely to be battling against relegation. I know a derby can be short of quality due to the pressure surrounding the fixture but this was really really poor fare.

Because derby games played in near gale force winds are usually conducive to scintillating football.

For what it's worth, I agree.

We are bad - Hibs are terrible.

Still, it doesn't stop toleys like Scott Booth continuing to expound the Hibernian Flair lie.

We settled for a draw is another ridiculous statement did you actually watch this game. We had chances throughout the last quarter of this game, Nade missed a sitter in this time and Aguiar also had a chance. We pressed them continually but you say we settle for a draw. I'm sorry but you must either be drunk at the moment or have had a loss of memory.

FTH.

He's right though. We keep hearing how bad hibs are and we cant beat them. Are we supposed to celebrate a draw now?

A solid, commited performance yes,i agree, but i thought both teams were average. Not alot of quality which sums up Scottish Football to be honest. It's really, really pish. As poor as i can remember it. You've only got to look at the performances of non-old firm clubs in Europe to see how far behind we are the continent in that department.

As for the finishing yesterday. Oh dear. Kingston missed an open goal ffs! Nade's was equally woeful and showed poor technique (and probably fitness). Overall i thought it was an entertaining match but without alot of quality. I think thats what the OP meant.

Really rubbish.

..............and yet!?

Lewis Stevenson, Why?

Murray, finished!

I fear for your future, that our best this season yet you are far from happy oh dear

For what it's worth, I agree.

We are bad - Hibs are terrible.

Still, it doesn't stop toleys like Scott Booth continuing to expound the Hibernian Flair lie.

The last time I saw a Hibs game on TV was when Tony Mowbray was manager and they beat Rangers 3-0 in the Scottish Cup. To be fair they looked a right good team with bags of young talent and, dare I say it, 'flair'? But yesterday it looked like they'd replaced them all with journeymen with the exception of the lad Riordan who still looks a class footballer. As for Hearts, I thought the lad Aguiar did well having not played for so long but that fella Nade...jeez. Both goalkeepers were bombscares, though I accept the wind might have had a part to play there. Overall, as I say, a really disappointing spectacle with barely a footballer of note on view. A sad change from the way both teams looked to be heading a few seasons back.

The last time I saw a Hibs game on TV was when Tony Mowbray was manager and they beat Rangers 3-0 in the Scottish Cup. To be fair they looked a right good team with bags of young talent and, dare I say it, 'flair'? But yesterday it looked like they'd replaced them all with journeymen with the exception of the lad Riordan who still looks a class footballer. As for Hearts, I thought the lad Aguiar did well having not played for so long but that fella Nade...jeez. Both goalkeepers were bombscares, though I accept the wind might have had a part to play there. Overall, as I say, a really disappointing spectacle with barely a footballer of note on view. A sad change from the way both teams looked to be heading a few seasons back.

Don't rush back then. Hearts and Hibs are nor Chelsea or Real Madrid. The standard may not be paticularly high but the game was excellent. Its Scottish football. When exactly were we ever setting the standards in the game. I for one like Scottish football more than the EPL or European leagues. I like it because my team play in it. Scottish clubs don't have the money to buy class footballers and its not possible to have a continual conveyor belt of young talent or for Hearts to continue to commit financial suicide by paying for ones we can't afford.

Why all the negativity?

We played them off the park yesterday and should have beat them by a good few goals. Only one little problem though... we have no one to put the ball in the net!

If we did have a 15-20 goal a season striker the win would've been comfortable yesterday, so to slag the whole team is a tad harsh.

Also I don't know what standard people are expecting from Hearts or Scottish Football in general, if you want quality get a season ticket for The Emirates or somewhere.

Why all the negativity?

We played them off the park yesterday and should have beat them by a good few goals. Only one little problem though... we have no one to put the ball in the net!

If we did have a 15-20 goal a season striker the win would've been comfortable yesterday, so to slag the whole team is a tad harsh.

Also I don't know what standard people are expecting from Hearts or Scottish Football in general, if you want quality get a season ticket for The Emirates or somewhere.

If that's what you call playing another team off the park then things really have gone backwards at a rapid rate of knots for Hearts. I thought in terms of the result the draw was exactly right because there was nothing to separate the teams in terms of mediocrity.

As for what standard I'm expecting from Hearts or Scottish football, well I know neither will ever set the world alight, but what I would say is that I have seen a lot better than what's now on offer in years gone by. I don't think I'm being over harsh in saying that for all the grand ambitions Romanov had for Hearts the team are now worse by some distance than the one he took over.

He's right though. We keep hearing how bad hibs are and we cant beat them. Are we supposed to celebrate a draw now?

A solid, commited performance yes,i agree, but i thought both teams were average. Not alot of quality which sums up Scottish Football to be honest. It's really, really pish. As poor as i can remember it. You've only got to look at the performances of non-old firm clubs in Europe to see how far behind we are the continent in that department.

As for the finishing yesterday. Oh dear. Kingston missed an open goal ffs! Nade's was equally woeful and showed poor technique (and probably fitness). Overall i thought it was an entertaining match but without alot of quality. I think thats what the OP meant.

Email from planet Zorg: that was the most entertaining derby I've seen in years, played in terrible conditions. Give me more....and moaners/pish artists on JKB ....pish off to watch the OF and give Hearts a break :eek:

This post is complete and utter bolox from start to finish, but I suppose it depends on the sort of football you are used to watching. Unfortunately Scottish football does not have anything like the amount of money being poured into it as the EPL (I take it this poster is trying to compare the two - which in itself is utterly pointless, like comparing a Porche with a Robin Reliant) This is obviously going to impact upon 'quality'. Looking at it from the perspective of someone who is used to watching Scottish football it was a great game. Personally i'm more than happy with the performances of most of our players (Larry can GTF until such time as he is willing to put in some effort). If we had a proper Striker we would have humped them.

By the way there are MANY more positives than negatives about yesterday's game, can we focus on them for a change

Hearts did me proud yesterday....

For once we looked more organised, to be completely honest.... We should have won the game. We played Hibs off the park for the majority of the 90 minutes and we had plenty of chances to put the game beyond the "Hobos" but we just couldn't take our chances....

Really rubbish.

..............and yet!?

Lewis Stevenson, Why?

Murray, finished!

:hobofish::)

I think some people are getting confused between...........

a) Excitement/entertainment value and

B) Real quality.

:cool:

I think we played not bad. Could really do with a poacher though.

Csaba please just give Glen a chance.

I hate to say it but we could seriously do with a Ratboy type player just now.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Hearts are as good/bad as we have always been,outside of 86/98/06....these last 4decades

We had a couple of poor results prior to this match and were missing key players in those games(Driver mainly).

We scored twice today..Nades goal was good,okay it was chalked off but it shouldn't have been.

That was the first game against Hibs were our corners were a real threat,normally Rob Jones gets everything.

Ok so it still should have been a draw,assuming they scored the penalty.

But away from home 2 goals,one crossbar and 2 near misses in shocking weather is fine...

Still the defence scares me,1 solid central defender to settle the line is what VR should be looking for....

As for not scoring goals,we were doing OK prior to D.utd game.

Really rubbish.

..............and yet!?

Lewis Stevenson, Why?

Murray, finished!

------------

I donta agree with some of your thoughts, (thats another thread:) ) but other thoughts i do agree, but after watching yesterdays game both teams were dreadfull passing the ball to team mates who wear the same color uniforms. The standard of football was very very poor , Hearts should have won the game with all the chances yoo guys had and yes thats a poor Hibs team.

I feel that that yoo people who fork oot 27 or 30 quid for these games are been ROBBED to watch this stardard of football, yersterdays game was worth what ? 10 quid at the door? Scottish football is in bad bad shape and people like Lex Gold who makes good money for doing what? SPL is not improving its going the other way, IMO

Good luck in yoor next game.....:)

I think some people are getting confused between...........

a) Excitement/entertainment value and

B) Real quality.

:cool:

That's pretty much what I mean. Yes, there may have been plenty of huff and puff in the game which is fine if all you're looking for is a ding-dong scrap, but the actual football on show was Blue Square Conference standard.

That's pretty much what I mean. Yes, there may have been plenty of huff and puff in the game which is fine if all you're looking for is a ding-dong scrap, but the actual football on show was Blue Square Conference standard.

Welcome to the Scotiish Premier League.

Dr Ian Malcolm

You could have 22 technically brilliant and tactically aware players out there and have the most boring game ever.

Derbies are all about physical battles, fast paced action and mistakes - thats what makes it exciting. If all we got was both teams keeping possession and doing everything right, it wouldn't be much of a taditional "derby". They're different from other games due to the intensity, pressure and passion.

You could have 22 technically brilliant and tactically aware players out there and have the most boring game ever.

Derbies are all about physical battles, fast paced action and mistakes - thats what makes it exciting. If all we got was both teams keeping possession and doing everything right, it wouldn't be much of a taditional "derby". They're different from other games due to the intensity, pressure and passion.

Absolutely, I accept that. However, the clear inability by the majority of players on both sides yesterday to master the most basic of skills was alarming.

boabyarsebiscuit
Yet were both in the top half of the league!

It just shows how pish poor Scottish football really is.

This sums it up for me.

We played a lot better yesterday, but for 2 teams who should really be making some sort of challenge to the OF (don't mean winning the SPL, but at least making them work hard and not have the League sown up in January), us and the hobos still have some way to go.

We had some real underperformers in Kello (please let that be his last game for us), Zaliukas and Kingston, but we had more people step up to the plate than they have in the last few weeks, and most of our players definitely got pass marks. Hibs were really poor. On their side, pass marks would probably go to Jones, the Ned and Fletcher. The rest of them were gash.

I agree withhat your saying. Down the years Edinburgh derbies have been all about 100mph stuff, exciting, end to end. In the greater scheme of things thats what Scottish football has been about.

I do think however that these are the poorest Hearts/hibs teams we've seen in quite some time. Hearts have Driver on his day, maybe Aguiar on yesterday's performance. Who else? everyone else is average at best.

Yesterday's standard was sunday league stuff. This is a major problem going forward, in terms of performances in Europe. Rangers and Celtic can just about hold there own but ffs the next best thing we could produce was Motherwell, who were easily beaten by Nancy.

I agree withhat your saying. Down the years Edinburgh derbies have been all about 100mph stuff, exciting, end to end. In the greater scheme of things thats what Scottish football has been about.

I do think however that these are the poorest Hearts/hibs teams we've seen in quite some time. Hearts have Driver on his day, maybe Aguiar on yesterday's performance. Who else? everyone else is average at best.

Yesterday's standard was sunday league stuff. This is a major problem going forward, in terms of performances in Europe. Rangers and Celtic can just about hold there own but ffs the next best thing we could produce was Motherwell, who were easily beaten by Nancy.

I play Sunday League in Leicester and there are at a few lads I've played with or against who would not have looked out of place on the pitch at Easter Road yesterday. If that really was the best Hearts have played this season I'm glad I ain't seen any of their other games!

I play Sunday League in Leicester and there are at a few lads I've played with or against who would not have looked out of place on the pitch at Easter Road yesterday. If that really was the best Hearts have played this season I'm glad I ain't seen any of their other games!

Yet another baffling post? I`m hard to please as much as any other Hearts fan but i thought we played well in tricky conditions.

There was only one team attempting to play football. There was much to be encouraged about with many good individual performances.

Yes, they may not be at the standard of teams from the past but i`m afraid some Hearts fans are getting right up themselves if they think that was Sunday amateur standard.

Joan, is that you?

Yet another baffling post? I`m hard to please as much as any other Hearts fan but i thought we played well in tricky conditions.

There was only one team attempting to play football. There was much to be encouraged about with many good individual performances.

Yes, they may not be at the standard of teams from the past but i`m afraid some Hearts fans are getting right up themselves if they think that was Sunday amateur standard.

If you look at my earlier posts you'll see I'm a Leicester City supporter not a Hearts fan, although there are family connections with Tynecastle. Sorry, but all I'm saying is that based on Sunday's evidence I'd be very disappointed if City didn't beat either of the Edinburgh sides comfortably. Talk of SPL sides outwith the Old Firm holding their own in the Championship seems far fetched. We're in League 1 and I reckon Hearts and Hibs would struggle to stay in this league. 'Trying' to play football is a whole different thing to actually playing it and precious little, if any, was being played at Easter Road even if we allow for the windy conditions.

No offence but you must have really low standards in terms of football if you thought that was a good performance. Dogged and committed, but pish all the same. Scottish football is utter garbage, from 3rd place in the SPL right down the leagues. Try watching some European football like Germany or Holland on TV if you get the chance. It doesn't even have to be a big team, i think you'll see a considerable difference in quality.

If you look at my earlier posts you'll see I'm a Leicester City supporter not a Hearts fan, although there are family connections with Tynecastle. Sorry, but all I'm saying is that based on Sunday's evidence I'd be very disappointed if City didn't beat either of the Edinburgh sides comfortably. Talk of SPL sides outwith the Old Firm holding their own in the Championship seems far fetched. We're in League 1 and I reckon Hearts and Hibs would struggle to stay in this league. 'Trying' to play football is a whole different thing to actually playing it and precious little, if any, was being played at Easter Road even if we allow for the windy conditions.

Aye Ive seen LOADS of good Championship games right enough.

we are playing better just havnt had the run of results that has merrited our play lately.

we creat chances, we move the ball well, we just need to put our chances away.

the defence needs working on

No offence but you must have really low standards in terms of football if you thought that was a good performance. Dogged and committed, but pish all the same. Scottish football is utter garbage, from 3rd place in the SPL right down the leagues. Try watching some European football like Germany or Holland on TV if you get the chance. It doesn't even have to be a big team, i think you'll see a considerable difference in quality.

I watch other leagues all the time pal and i don`t have low standards. I think some Hearts fans have got right up themselves because of two years ago. You obviously have too high expectations of a 2nd rate league. We all know Scottish football lags behind Europes top leagues or even some mid table clubs in these countries but we have done for many a decade now so don`t tell me to go and watch this or that, i know what it`s like.

But all the same, an apparently average Levein team beat Bordeaux away and Braga over two legs, then Robbos lot beat Basle.

Not bad for a team from a 2nd rate league eh?

Sorry Zeeko1 but I live in Bristol and watch a team who are a whole division above Leicester and a team containing Jamie Mac and Lee Johnson, ex Hearts, and Ivan Sproule, ex Hibs, came within a whisker of getting into the Premiership. Methinks you are wearing rose tinted specs.

I see lots of Championship stuff, and while there are a lot of teams with a budget which vastly outstrip what non OF SPL teams have at their disposal a lot of the stuff they produce is poor. I don't think a frenetic derby game played in a gale is the best game to judge quality.

Sorry Zeeko1 but I live in Bristol and watch a team who are a whole division above Leicester and a team containing Jamie Mac and Lee Johnson, ex Hearts, and Ivan Sproule, ex Hibs, came within a whisker of getting into the Premiership. Methinks you are wearing rose tinted specs.

I see lots of Championship stuff, and while there are a lot of teams with a budget which vastly outstrip what non OF SPL teams have at their disposal a lot of the stuff they produce is poor. I don't think a frenetic derby game played in a gale is the best game to judge quality.

And all these guys weren`t exactly regulars or that highly rated although maybe Johnson got a raw deal at Hearts?

Also, an old mate of mine has his Brother playing at Bristol too, Michael MacIndoe. Michael has been touted as a possible Scotland cap late in his career but he also failed to make the grade at Hearts and other Scots clubs at the start of his career.

I watch other leagues all the time pal and i don`t have low standards. I think some Hearts fans have got right up themselves because of two years ago. You obviously have too high expectations of a 2nd rate league. We all know Scottish football lags behind Europes top leagues or even some mid table clubs in these countries but we have done for many a decade now so don`t tell me to go and watch this or that, i know what it`s like.

But all the same, an apparently average Levein team beat Bordeaux away and Braga over two legs, then Robbos lot beat Basle.

Not bad for a team from a 2nd rate league eh?

You can always point to one lucky game over the course of a decade! Braga were pish. Bordeaux were streets ahead in both games, Hearts scored with one break and then proceeded to get pummeled for the rest of the match with Gordon in the form of his life that night. And for every Bordeaux there are 3 Mypa 47's.

I don't have high expectations, i have very low expectations! I'm just stating that Scottish football is in a terrible state right now and as well as being one of the worst league's in Europe to watch it is also probably the most expensive. This is causing a decrease in crowds and begins a vicious circle of decline.

You can always point to one lucky game over the course of a decade! Braga were pish. Bordeaux were streets ahead in both games, Hearts scored with one break and then proceeded to get pummeled for the rest of the match with Gordon in the form of his life that night. And for every Bordeaux there are 3 Mypa 47's.

I don't have high expectations, i have very low expectations! I'm just stating that Scottish football is in a terrible state right now and as well as being one of the worst league's in Europe to watch it is also probably the most expensive. This is causing a decrease in crowds and begins a vicious circle of decline.

That`s it, demean your clubs fine feats. Really, chin up mate, enjoy what you can when it comes around. There`s Hearts fans been sitting for decades waiting on the next terrible trio and continue to still look for the negatives even in good times since those great days because of the standard that was set then.

Then there`s the lads and lasses who suffered the mid to late 70`s and into the early 80`s.

Hearts have tried hard since that agonising day in 1986 to get close to the OF but we`ve came up short on a few ocassions while enjoying some good football and results on the way.

But that`s it, 23 years since a non-OF team has won the league and in that time just two cup wins for us. Some good euro nights and some memorable derby wins and league runs but in 23 years it`s quite measley for a club of Hearts stature.

Therefore enjoy anything good that comes our way, or like yourself wait on something that might never happen.

Archived