Our Passing today

Brandt

Thought our passing today was superb. Some great one touch passing too.

Was absolutely great to watch. Very few pointless high hoof punts up the pitch. Thats the best attacking football we've played for ages. Especially coming from a goal down in the first few minutes. We totally carved them open lots of time. Even a couple of times under pressure we just put the ball out as opposed to just hoofing it away. Think Csaba is finally getting the message to the players. If we pass like we did today and play with the spirit shown we will absolutely pump Aberdeen next week.:)

Was absolutely great to watch. Very few pointless high hoof punts up the pitch. Thats the best attacking football we've played for ages. Especially coming from a goal down in the first few minutes. We totally carved them open lots of time. Even a couple of times under pressure we just put the ball out as opposed to just hoofing it away. Think Csaba is finally getting the message to the players. If we pass like we did today and play with the spirit shown we will absolutely pump Aberdeen next week.:)

taking the conditions into account, hearts passing was first class.

there was no cutting edge, our perennial problem.

I very seldom post, but I thought I would after going to today's game. Really, after going 1-0, I wasn't sure what to expect, but we got a good show for the further 88 minutes.

Was seriously impressed with the style of football being played. Possession football, stroking it about well, and I thought we attacked with intent. Really, if we had a goal-poacher, this side would be very complete. No disrespect to Nade, as he too had a good game today.

The formation, with Karipidis holding really allows Stewart and the superb Aguiar license to go forward and play football, and in my mind that worked. I thought Hearts won the midfield today, and looked threatening when we went forward. It's refreshing to see us playing that style of football in contrast to what has been seen at Easter Road before where we have at times been over-ran.

I know Hibs created openings too, but I thought we edged it today, and they couldn't have had too many complaints had we won. Nade's glaring miss at the end could've put a seal on an all-round good performance.

Still, encouraging signs, and after 78 seconds, who would've said no to a draw?

I think Aguiar made a huge difference to the way we played today. He rarely wastes a ball and keeps it ticking over very nicely indeed.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If anything, we were too tippy tappy! At the back, when we started playing like that, we almost got caught out on a couple of occasions.

In general though, I agree. The sad thing is that it was tempting to sacrifice a midfielder for another striker but when you see Mole and Makela you realise it's better to stick with what you've got!

I very seldom post, but I thought I would after going to today's game. Really, after going 1-0, I wasn't sure what to expect, but we got a good show for the further 88 minutes.

Was seriously impressed with the style of football being played. Possession football, stroking it about well, and I thought we attacked with intent. Really, if we had a goal-poacher, this side would be very complete. No disrespect to Nade, as he too had a good game today.

The formation, with Karipidis holding really allows Stewart and the superb Aguiar license to go forward and play football, and in my mind that worked. I thought Hearts won the midfield today, and looked threatening when we went forward. It's refreshing to see us playing that style of football in contrast to what has been seen at Easter Road before where we have at times been over-ran.

I know Hibs created openings too, but I thought we edged it today, and they couldn't have had too many complaints had we won. Nade's glaring miss at the end could've put a seal on an all-round good performance.

Well said. A striker playing off Nade would make the difference. Lot's of plus points today.

I agree, but all of this is a waste of time if our strikers can not score. We do not have one decent striker, and Tullberg injured again is a nonsense.

Especially after losing a goal in the first few minutes we could have imploded. I thought, oh here we go. But after 10 mins i thought that we could really get an equalizer. Theres nothing worse than going 1 down in a derby in the first few mins away from home. I thought the heads would go down and hibs would get more momentum. Couldn't have been more wrong. We simply burst into action and played some fantastic football. As i said the passing was superb and we were playing with superior confidence even at 1 down. Really hope we build on it. I think Driver, Stewart, Kingston, Aguiar is a fantastic midfield four.

I agree, but all of this is a waste of time if our strikers can not score. We do not have one decent striker, and Tullberg injured again is a nonsense.

I guess Nade did score but unfortunately for him it was chalked off.

Archived