Time To Hand Stewart The Captaincy?

Regular John

Stewart for Captain  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Stewart for Captain

• Aye
    • Naw

I reckon it's time Michael Stewart was recognised for being the teams natural leader and handed the team captaincy.

This was shown today yet again as he was the only player speaking/harassing the referee for every decision and motivating his team mates.

I also think this change will help Berra work on improving his game at such a crucial time in his development.

Anyone agree?

I reckon it's time Michael Stewart was recognised for being the teams natural leader and handed the team captaincy.

This was shown today yet again as he was the only player speaking/harassing the referee for every decision and motivating his team mates.

I also think this change will help Berra work on improving his game at such a crucial time in his development.

Anyone agree?

No ,i would stick with Berra, i actually thought he was handed the armband to early in the first place and it was a big responsibility for a young man learning his trade but that was then , i also get the feeling that every time Mikey Stewart has words with a ref he is going to get sent off .

Anyone agree?

no. berra is growing into the role, slowly but surely.

Gimme an H...

Anyone agree?

Said it before and I'll say it again, Berra may have the armband but theres only one captain in that team and thats Mikey Stewart.

Jam Tarts 1874

I voted no because I thought Stewart today had once again gone into hiding as far as his game is concerned. Today he was easily policed and nulified by Ian Murray - for me Stewart is just far too inconsistant and cannot be relied upon to produce a decent playing performance.

5/6 weeks ago I would have said yes but now I say no. I think that Berra is starting to fill the captains role and him being captain will be the best for his development.

berra will be a good captian maybe the wrong time for him at moment as he is ao young give it to a player that is forward thinkin

Doctor FinnBarr

As much as I like CB I don't think he's cut out for the captains role but I think MS would revele in that role!:107years:

Anyone agree?

Totally agree. Big up for Bruno the day an aw. MOM BY A MILE

Berra does not command enough for me, Stewart started well last season and has started well this season but there is always the danger that he will get sent off or dissappear during the latter part of a campaign. On the back of todays display i would give the armband to Bruno. Ok he's been out for a long time and naturally would want to come back strong but he showed more passion today than i have seen from many in a maroon jersey this season and thats the sort of player i want to see every week. Thought Driver played well today too, Nade done his best but his best isnt good enough. Also, dont think Stewart done a great deal today either.

Said it before and I'll say it again, Berra may have the armband but theres only one captain in that team and thats Mikey Stewart.

mate you are so right he may not wear the arm band but he is doing the job already......

im in oz and seriously think that our problems for the last while have been down to having no leadership.

berra does not it the bill.............

mate you are so right he may not wear the arm band but he is doing the job already......

im in oz and seriously think that our problems for the last while have been down to having no leadership.

I thought he done nothing today though

Tyrion Lannister

I put yes, because I think that Stewart is a more commanding, vocal and overall more influential figure on the park. But, I think we have to think of a few things here.

1. Without utterly damaging the players confidence, how can we strip Berra of the captains armband, when he hasn't actually done anything wrong to deserve it, he's been for the majority of games one of our best players, and yes he lacks some leadership qualities but he is also still young.

2. Will Berra be here come the end January/next summer? If the answer is no, then Yes. Michael Stewart should be the successor to the captaincy.

And finally, Will Michael Stewart be able to beat his post christmas complete-form dip that he has encountered every single season.

Euan

Evening Dazzler. Mikey is the capitano. FTH.

Old 35 alive and well.

I think he would be a good captain for the club but needs to keep the nut at times as he always seems to appear in the book, other than that I voted aye!!

markletissier

i think it'd do more harm to the team to displace berra right now.

should berra leave however i think stewart is the man for the job.

Anyone agree?

YES

we dont need captain mouse, we need someone to shout and organise the team, Zal was doing that at times and sorting out the back line instead of Berra. he's a good lad but not a leader.

time for a change

Berra is a very good young player, but I'd prefer it if he could concentrate soley on his game. Mikey Stewart is our leader, and I thought he put in another good shift today, without being outstanding.

Buffalo Bill

Reluctantly put no.

Why? Well, take the captaincy away from Berra and it could have a detrimental effect.

On the other hand, give the captaincy to Stewart and he may calm down!

Try and find a balance.

All Berra requires is some assertiveness and confidence as captain. He is still learning as a defender, and should/will get better, which is much the same for many of our squad.

nah, now he's back, if we MUST take it from berra, give it to bruno!!

i am not in favour, however, of taking the armband off berra though cos he is slowly, coming into his own

and on that note, i'm back off to bed, hopefully less ill than i was 10 minutes ago*

just wish i'd been boozing enough to feel this crap

Reluctantly put no.

Why? Well, take the captaincy away from Berra and it could have a detrimental effect.

On the other hand, give the captaincy to Stewart and he may calm down!

Try and find a balance.

All Berra requires is some assertiveness and confidence as captain. He is still learning as a defender, and should/will get better, which is much the same for many of our squad.

Berra is far to quiet to be the captain and at times its Zal who is seen to be organising the back 4, it may set him back but we're a football club who need to win games so if someones feelings get hurt they will just have to deal with it.

Stewart IS the captain as far as i'm concerned, he plays like a fan would and gives his all and isn't scared to shout and fight for his team, he can be hot headed but could do with the band just to clam him down a bit sometimes.

imo opinion there is no argument, Stewart all the way:p

Berra is far to quiet to be the captain and at times its Zal who is seen to be organising the back 4, it may set him back but we're a football club who need to win games so if someones feelings get hurt they will just have to deal with it.

Stewart IS the captain as far as i'm concerned, he plays like a fan would and gives his all and isn't scared to shout and fight for his team, he can be hot headed but could do with the band just to clam him down a bit sometimes.

imo opinion there is no argument, Stewart all the way:p

Does anyone know who the vice-captain is? Is it Robbie?

Anyway, a captain doesn't always have to be loud. Perhaps Berra captains in the dressing room, is anyone a fly?

I was about to say that we should ask the players, but they would say Berra so no point. No point asking Csaba, as he would have to ask Vlad first! (Conspicuous by there absence but will return today sometime!).

Archived