Jose - do we miss him?

rememberwilliegibson

I think we do! Think hes better than Wallace and we need more cover at LB. Never thought he was that bad anyway! Ok after watching the clip......Keep him there!!

rememberwilliegibson
Yeah - a stinker - but please tell me why you were watching that !!????

i watch all the highlights on 101greatgoals.com :cool:

wallace was reasonable today. maybe obua could be an option at LB but i would prefer him in a more forward role. folk are saying rapnik could play at LB, i haven't seen him myself but some folk are saying he's quality.

jose missed? nah.

Guest jambomickey

lee wallace had a decent game today and i think it helped him having a natural left sided midfielder in front of him.

The what we only thing missed about Jose is also what we miss from Robbie

a decent throw-in Eggert and Lee cannae chuck the ball 10 yds

lee wallace had a decent game today and i think it helped him having a natural left sided midfielder in front of him.

Thank you. good shout

1 word ....Balance

He definitely has talent and is still young. And should still keep him. good that we got him on a new contract either way. Think he also had low confidence for a while. His passing in some of his last games was really poor.

brellier-for-france
nice move fae the big huddy around 3 minutes 30 ;)

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5303476/1_FC_Nuernberg_SC_Freiburg_17_10_08

nurnberg really struggling in the second division

In a word.... no

Goncalves is a ****ing bombscare, great athelete, **** footballer. Allthough eggert is doin fine at the moment ad say its vital that we find good right and left backs as soon as possible.

Wallace - Liability, decent going forward, postionally ****e

Jonsson - Would prefer him in the middle of the park

Neilson - Decent defensively, ****ing rubbish distrubtion and slow as ****.

Wallace is decent going forward but cannot defend. Goncalves is actually a decent defender but offers little going forward.

Jose made some mistakes and his positioning was suspect but he had the strength and speed to recover almost every time. Hardly anyone ever got past him, when he was in the right positions. His throw-ins were hellishly frustrating as he seemed to give the ball away every time but TBH our team had bigger problems last season including a total lack of bite, creativity and cohesion in midfield...

Besides, he signed a new deal before leaving so if Nuernburg don't want him he'll have to be sold to someone else or he will be back here.

I think in the case of Goncalves, absence makes the heart grow fonder - the longer he's away, the better we remember him. When in actual fact, he was a bombscare at the back for the majority of his hearts career.

Both Wallace and Goncalves are poor and not the answer to our left back position.

Wallace in particular seems to have escaed critism for the opening goal yesterday when he was caught on the wrong side of Fletcher. But fair play to him, he did make amends by winning the free kick which Aguiar scored from.

I think in the case of Goncalves, absence makes the heart grow fonder - the longer he's away, the better we remember him. When in actual fact, he was a bombscare at the back for the majority of his hearts career.

He made a promising start in Bavaria and was doing quite well in the Kicker ratings, but once his captain and central defensive (!) partner got injured things started to go downhill. Comments I have read on N?rnberg messageboards are not complimentary in the main. That ?2m is looking far from guaranteed at the moment.

Teuchterjambo

I really struggle to come to terms with anybody that thinks Goncalves is anything like a decent footballer. He is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen at the level - short of a good throw in I cannot think of one positive thing to say about him.

I was always amazed how some people saw him as the new central defensive messiah when the Webster situation reared his head. How on earth can a six foot four guy who jumps to five foot ten ever make a central defender. As for a full back anyone who thinks he is a good bet for the future should have a lie down.

Yet another expensive disaster from Vlad's dossier of superstars !

I really struggle to come to terms with anybody that thinks Goncalves is anything like a decent footballer. He is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen at the level - short of a good throw in I cannot think of one positive thing to say about him.

I was always amazed how some people saw him as the new central defensive messiah when the Webster situation reared his head. How on earth can a six foot four guy who jumps to five foot ten ever make a central defender. As for a full back anyone who thinks he is a good bet for the future should have a lie down.

Goncalves was actually pretty good until he got that injury in the Big Cup Semi.

Walter Payton

What about his "ball-shepherding" ability? Jose could guard the ball to the bye-line from the halfway line- and that was without it moving.

Tyrion Lannister
who?

hes gone to zie germanland, hes nearer to home (portugal) ill take ?2m for him.

thanks & goodnight.

If we get anywhere near that price for him it will be Vlad's best big of bargaining yet, outdoing Craig Gordon, Bednar etc.

Archived