Proud but disappointed

King of the North

King of the North

That was a missed opportunity today.

They are utter gash, and we at last displayed a bit of passion, as well as being the only team with any sort of craft, guile and - dare I say it - flair.

Despite the fact that we gifted them a couple of chances - they are a shower who were played off the park for 90 minutes. Could we finish, we would be looking at a 5-1.

Still, nice to see a bit of passion, Bruno was magnificent, but can't help shake off this feeling of disappointment. How bad are Hibs though?

We have been humping better Hibs teams than that on a regular basis since 1875 - and today was a chance to firmly put them in their place. Having said that, it is difficult to see what positives a hobo could take from that game, other than the fact that they escaped without an absolute humping.

They are utter gash, and we at last displayed a bit of passion, as well as being the only team with any sort of craft, guile and - dare I say it - flair.

Despite the fact that we gifted them a couple of chances - they are a shower who were played off the park for 90 minutes. Could we finish, we would be looking at a 5-1.

Still, nice to see a bit of passion, Bruno was magnificent, but can't help shake off this feeling of disappointment. How bad are Hibs though?

We have been humping better Hibs teams than that on a regular basis since 1875 - and today was a chance to firmly put them in their place. Having said that, it is difficult to see what positives a hobo could take from that game, other than the fact that they escaped without an absolute humping.

He He! agree with most of your post King: however had BOTH teams been in clinical mode, I think it should have been HEARTS 7 **** 3. !! SPOT ON about Bruno BTW.

Agree fully. If Bruno is as good, and as influential as that next week then we should beat the sheep. Think we should have won today, but said before the game i'd have taken a draw so can't really grumble.

Thought Nade was miles better today, bar his miss, than Mole has been. Thought Kingston looked far more interested in the 2nd half than in the 1st where he was terrible. Still think we can expect more from a player of his calibre!

Riordan was gash! Either overrated or Jonnson was brilliant. Personally i think a bit of both. Neither Neilson nor Thomson should get anywhere near that team if he keeps his performance to that standard! Maybe a bit suspect in the first half but did well in the second.

On a side note, looked like Bruno was really playing for the shirt today, nice touch running to the stand and kissing and throwing his shirt to the crowd. My man of the match today by far. I said he would play better in a slightly more advanced role and i think he did!

Father Tiresias

With some better finishing it could have been a drubbing for the Leithers

Agreed with the OP.

I said after the game I'd like to have seen us go with two strikers around the 60/70th minute when it was all really one way traffic and we didn't really have a need for the five across the midfield.

I think Kingston for Makela or Miko would have been my choice.

Also, Lewis Stevenson at LB got off so lightly today, yet he's been proved in recent weeks he always crumbles when put under pressure, an opportunity missed IMO.

Archived