Formation

Greedy_Jambo

Still think we need 2 players upfront. Nade done a good job upfront on his own but he needs someone else up there with him. Look at hibs , they have a crap midfield and a crap defence yet we struggled to create chances ( when we did we missed them) plus was it just me or was anyone else crapping themselves everytime riordan got the ball?

I want to see a couple of new strikers next transfer window and 2 upfront. But i suppose i said that last transfer window aswell. Ahwell i'll just have to be happy with a point against a crap hibs team.

Still think we need 2 players upfront. Nade done a good job upfront on his own but he needs someone else up there with him. Look at hibs , they have a crap midfield and a crap defence yet we struggled to create chances ( when we did we missed them) plus was it just me or was anyone else crapping themselves everytime riordan got the ball?

I want to see a couple of new strikers next transfer window and 2 upfront. But i suppose i said that last transfer window aswell. Ahwell i'll just have to be happy with a point against a crap hibs team.

I think it's a nonsense to say we struggled to create chances.

you are spot on. hearts looked far more comfortable when they kept the rodent off the ball. hearts should really have taken advantage of their superiority in midfield.

hibs were rocking for spells but we couldn't quite take advantage.

you are spot on. hearts looked far more comfortable when they kept the rodent off the ball. hearts should really have taken advantage of their superiority in midfield.

That was the most frustrating thing about it. About 10 minutes into the second half they'd become noticeably shaky and disorganised at the back and we were coming at them time and time again but effectively, getting nowhere. Or if we did get there, chances were fluffed.

Riordan was a worry though. Highly unpleasant individual but he's bloody talented...unfortunately...

Totally. we bossed midfield due to csaba choosing to play only 1 player upfront. Driver did well the 1st half to back nade up but at the end of the day we have enough decent midfielders to only have 4 of them and stick an extra man upfront. I think we would of seen a lot more goals with a 4-4-2.

Im happy with a point today but only because i was crapping myself that hibs would get all 3. We should be scoring more goals against that hibs team.

I think we benefitted from the fact that hibs didn't play with a midfield today.

Exactly.

If we had gone the standard 4-4-2 and got horsed what would your reaction have been?

I think today the formation and tactics were sound. Of course you cannot plan for an early goal or mistakes but ultimately we created enough chances to score more than one. Unfortunately, we didn't.

Anyway, Vlad out!! Damn his one Lith only condition! etc etc etc

I have never seen a game at Fester Road where we had as much of the ball and control of the midfield as we had today, that 5 across the middle of the park is probably our strongest and i thought shabbas tactics were spot on today.Only disappointed we never won COS WE SHOULD HAVE!

Fozzyonthefence

Thought the formation worked well. Driver was pretty much a second forward today anyway - stayed well up the pitch keeping their right back in his own half.

Only thing lacking today was a decent (or even half decent) striker to stick the chances away - Andy Kirk anyone?

Archived