Eggert Jonsson's back pocket

Ryan Gosling

The White Cockade

would have said Riordan won that battle personally

Jonsson looks good but not a fill back IMO

Walter Bishop
Has anyone seen Derek Riordan in it?

You think so? I though Jonnson was struggling at times today, If Wimbledon were going to score then it was going to come from the rat imo.

would have said Riordan won that battle personally

Jonsson looks good but not a fill back IMO

I agree thought rat boy played pretty well, Jonsson is wasted at full back.

If he was in his back-pocket, the stitching burst in the first couple of minutes. In saying that, he waited twenty minutes for Kingston to come back and help.

I thought both Jonnson and Riordan played well. Riordan was extremely threatening for Hibs but were it not for Jonnson he could have been even better.

Apart from when Riordan set up the goal, and when he was scythed down for the penalty claim, and when he beat him on the wing regularly, I agree with the op.

Didnt think Jonnson dominated Riordan but I didnt think Riordan had a particularly good game.

Did you miss the first goal and ratboy hitting the post from the right hand side ?

Thought Eggert done ok but you have taken it a bit too far.

I thought Eggart did just enough to suppress Riordan's threat and no more.

Without ever looking terribly comfortable, Jonsson kept Riordan from dominating the game, as he continually threatened to do.

Apart from when Riordan set up the goal, and when he was scythed down for the penalty claim, and when he beat him on the wing regularly, I agree with the op.

Says the man who thinks Bruno is crap.

:D

Says the man who thinks Bruno is crap.

Aguiar IS crap, his play today was not as good as some would have you believe IMO. Having said that, his goal (an awful 'keeper mistake) means that I would happily have his babies. :)

As for my post, are you denying that Riordan played a huge part in the goal? Are you denying that he was brought down for a stone wall penalty by the aforementioned pocket master? Also, I'd assume that you would deny that he had a fair amount of the ball on the wing?

Aguiar IS crap, his play today was not as good as some would have you believe IMO. Having said that, his goal (an awful 'keeper mistake) means that I would happily have his babies. :)

As for my post, are you denying that Riordan played a huge part in the goal? Are you denying that he was brought down for a stone wall penalty by the aforementioned pocket master? Also, I'd assume that you would deny that he had a fair amount of the ball on the wing?

I would agree he played a part in the goal. I would deny it was a penalty. I would agree he saw a lot of the ball, but what did he do with it?

I also knew you'd claim Aguiar didn't play that well. That's what true hatred is.

I would agree he played a part in the goal. I would deny it was a penalty. I would agree he saw a lot of the ball, but what did he do with it?

I also knew you'd claim Aguiar didn't play that well. That's what true hatred is.

It's not true hatred, he is a very nice man. I simply do not think that he is the passing midfielder that others would have you believe he is.:)

Anyway, Klimek.....;)

It's not true hatred, he is a very nice man. I simply do not think that he is the passing midfielder that others would have you believe he is.:)

Anyway, Klimek.....;)

...left Hearts over a year ago. I also thought Dennis Wyness might be good.

Who would you say was our MOTM today? Can't be Driver because you don't like him either.

Y'know, I was too busy talking about Aguiar to comment on Riordan.:P

My personal opinion is that Riordan had a lot of the ball, skinned the full back and did little with it (apart from set up the goal and get brought down for the penalty). That is a failing in BOTH Riordan and Jonsson.

...left Hearts over a year ago. I also thought Dennis Wyness might be good.

Who would you say was our MOTM today? Can't be Driver because you don't like him either.

...for somebody that doesn't RATE Driver (another that is a very nice man) I thought he was MOM last time we were at Easter Road (was it last time? the time he played right midfield?) ;)

I actually thought that Driver played well today. As for MOM, I don't know, I would probably give it to Aguiar (in both senses of the term ;)) tbh.

Chad Sexington
Aguiar IS crap, his play today was not as good as some would have you believe IMO.

If you post on here for another hundred years you'll never come out with a bigger load of pish than that sentence. ;)

Bruno was absolutely tremendous today.

Anyway, Klimek.....;)

Didn't waste a pass all day.

On topic I think they both had their moments. Wouldn't say Eggert had him in his back pocket but wouldn't say Riordan gave him the run around. Somewhere in between.

Dont agree with the back pocket idea.Riordan influential at first goal.Missed half chance following and then had good penalty claim turned down.Missed another half chance in second half.Didnt show much apart from that and considering Jonsson had Kingston ahead of him honours about even.

Anyone who thinks Riordan was kept in Jonsson's back pocket is deluded. Are you one of them?

Dear oh dear!

Bruno was MOTM, easily the best player on the park.

Thicot is probably still dazed and in a state of shock after that superb performance.

Jonsson on the other hand is not a RB, it was clear to see this today that Riordan had the beating of him every time today.

Although, I'm sure far better RB's than Eggert will be given just as torrid a time by the rat boy.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Eggy was mince today.

Never a right back. Thought Riordan dominated him, not sure what Peanut is talking about to be honest.

I am extremely drunk though.

Father Tiresias
Bruno was MOTM, easily the best player on the park.

Jonsson on the other hand is not a RB, it was clear to see this today that Riordan had the beating of him every time today.

Although, I'm sure far better RB's than Eggert will be given just as torrid a time by the rat boy.

Best post on this thread by a mile. :thumb:

Jonsson was hugely disappointing today and Bruno didn't put a foot wrong!

Yes yes, the thread title is an over-reaction however, Riordan wasn't allowed to create nearly as much once Eggert started closing him. You could see he kept trying to get it onto his right to shoot and it never happened.

I think Eggert did his job well today.

Father Tiresias
Yes yes, the thread title is an over-reaction however, Riordan wasn't allowed to create nearly as much once Eggert started closing him. You could see he kept trying to get it onto his right to shoot and it never happened.

I think Eggert did his job well today.

Well he didn't, now go to bed.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Chizzy has spoken.

Thread closed mods.

He's got a point though.

Eggy is mince at right back ... if it was Wallace someone would have ran on the pitch and stabbed him. FACT.

He's got a point though.

Eggy is mince at right back ... if it was Wallace someone would have ran on the pitch and stabbed him. FACT.

You think someone would get to Wallace?

He'd cap that bitch.

He's got a point though.

Not before Wallace misplaces a few retaliation gunshots in to the stands. FACT.

I blame Vlad; Fact etc etc.

Eggy has done well adapting to a new position, players should be able to change and have flexibility of adapting to a new position. As long as they know their role within the orchestra.....

Thought he done ok; Ratboy can greet into horse's pish.

I though both full-backs looked extremely shaky when the diagonal balls were played through. Deek looked as though he was the one capable of causing us some damage.

Charlie-Brown

After some of the roastings Ratboy has given Robbie Neilson over the years I thought Eggert did okay today to limit the damage Ratboy was able to cause us....he might be a feckin wee nerd to$$er but he's a good fitba player and Eggert coped reasonably okay against a very difficult & tricky opponent.

No one has said END OF, so that makes it alright to post, I suppose. I thought Sick/Ratboy terrorized Eggert, it was never a penalty, looks like the ball hits him in the jewels and he was pre-diving before the Hearts player gets there to give him a leg to vault over. Reminded me of the Fyssas sending off at Darkheid, tbh.

Aguiar was splendid today, passed the ball about nicely and scored a great goal. They had their chances, but Nade's goal had not a single thing wrong with it, and we should have buried them with our other chances.

Thought that there were few 'failures' today, (although it does not take very much to be considered a failure or waste of space etc!);

before he was substituted I thought Kello was 'erratic' ie bombscare! Zaliukas: what ye daein'! Thank goodness for Balogh!

Other than those, generally, I thought the team done well and would've won the match and should win most matches as long as they are singing from the same hymn sheet.

winston churchill

i thought 01 was their one and only player.

back heel for goal

taken out for their stonewaller

hit the post

nice back heel from rat boy to help set up the 1st goal.

Thought rat boy done ok so would hardly say he was in Jonson's back pocket.

Thought Jonsson was our weak link.If Neilson played like that kickback would be in meltdown.He never went forward once.Was never close to ratboy all game.Crap at their goal.Got away with a penalty claim.Christ the boy cannot even take a throw in.Apart from that he had him in his pocket.:):107years:

Personally thought Jonsson handled him well today. Riordan never really looked that threatening, and I thought Eggert defended well against who I thought was their only threat.

Archived