Show your passport to buy a mobile phone!!!

grumpyjambo

jambos are go!

Introducing a measure that might encourage people to ditch mobile phones is the opposite of big brother since they are already highly traceable and monitored. Mobile phones IMO should only be available to folk who can demonstrate a pressing need for round the clock telecomms. Ditch the rest and make the world a better place. I've a mobile phone but hate them with a passion and would be happy to be debarred from having one.

Introducing a measure that might encourage people to ditch mobile phones is the opposite of big brother since they are already highly traceable and monitored. Mobile phones IMO should only be available to folk who can demonstrate a pressing need for round the clock telecomms. Ditch the rest and make the world a better place. I've a mobile phone but hate them with a passion and would be happy to be debarred from having one.

what a load of hibs!

Carl Spackler

I went to buy a PAYG card in a Spanish Vodafone shop recently just so that I could look up the BBC website for the SPL scores. They needed me to fill in a form and provide ID etc.

I told them non-gracias. I'll use teletexto insteadios.

I've been with O2 for years, but everytime I go to upgrade my handset I have to show my passport. Seems a bit over the top

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/latestnews/Mobile-buyers-39will-have-to.4607070.jp

No passport no phone? Seems very unfair on the people who do not have a passport plus it is another step towards Big Brother.

WTF. Thanks for putting that up. Scarey stuff. Post 5 (in the article), sums it up for me. We are already the most watched nation in the Western world, including the US as it goes. I for one don't think you are being alarmist at all when you use the term 'Big Brother'.

Jeez :eek:

Archived