A good omen for tomorrow

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

I decided to put on my Hearts top today. Don't know why and I'll take the slagging for those that hate them being worn away from grounds, five-a-side pitches etc.

Anyway, I went to the bakery this morning, as you do, and I hear a random Scottish voice saying to me,"Oh you're a Hearts man then". I turn around and confirm this, to which the lady in question then informs me that her uncle used to manage HMFC. "Really?", I replied. "Yes", she says, "my uncle was Tommy Walker".

Now, I'm taking that as a real omen for tomorrow that in a random suburb of Melbourne you can meet a relative of a true club legend.

Back to the beer! COME ON THE HEARTS!

I decided to put on my Hearts top today. Don't know why and I'll take the slagging for those that hate them being worn away from grounds, five-a-side pitches etc.

Anyway, I went to the bakery this morning, as you do, and I hear a random Scottish voice saying to me,"Oh you're a Hearts man then". I turn around and confirm this, to which the lady in question then informs me that her uncle used to manage HMFC. "Really?", I replied. "Yes", she says, "my uncle was Tommy Walker".

Now, I'm taking that as a real omen for tomorrow that in a random suburb of Melbourne you can meet a relative of a true club legend.

Back to the beer! COME ON THE HEARTS!

So.........

You must have asked her about him...?

Tell us what she said?

Please

I've just put mine on to go and dig the inlaws garden......

And before any one asks it isnt to put the mother in law in.

maroonlegions
I've just put mine on to go and dig the inlaws garden......

And before any one asks it isnt to put the mother in law in.

:107years: but would you if you found her wearing a hobo top.:eek:;)

Geoff Kilpatrick
So.........

You must have asked her about him...?

Tell us what she said?

Please

Actually, she did most of the talking and I didn't even ask her name! Not used to talking to fiftysomethings I suppose!

Anyway, she asked where I was from and how long I'd be following the JT's. Unfortunately, for her, she had a green purse and I pointed out her misfortune to hold such an item. However, she was amazed to see our badge in Mount Waverley.

So, I didn't ask her about Tommy Walker, sadly!

Archived