Patchwork Jackets - Anyone remember them?

go on then

Hi. This is probably a question for older Hearts fans and fashion people. :)

I swear it is not my imagination, but I remember around the 80's/90's, some people (not just football fans!) wearing leather and suede patchwork jackets. They were more like ponchos I suppose, as there was no zip, they went over your head. I got into a thing about this today, and another guy cannot recall them, but I swear they existed. I have tried to prove my point, using Google images, Yahoo answers, and a bunch of other methods, but nothing. Not even Flea Bay, and they do a lot of retro clothes. Anyone remember the boogers?

Yes, I remember these. A friend had one and wore it to Love Street one day, but he strayed too close to the divide, just as some Paisley urchin threw an egg at the mesh fence between the fans. His bespattered jacket never had many outings, subsequently.

With hindsight, it is worth asking why people would want to dress in public like an extra from the Last of the Mohiccans; people, remember, were also wearing moccasins at that time. Surprised they never wore war paint. :wacko:

P.S. I respond to your question as an "older" (thanks for that:() Hearts fan and not some fashionista .

Yes, I remember these. A friend had one and wore it to Love Street one day, but he strayed too close to the divide, just as some Paisley urchin threw an egg at the mesh fence between the fans. His bespattered jacket never had many outings, subsequently.

With hindsight, it is worth asking why people would want to dress in public like an extra from the Last of the Mohiccans; people, remember, were also wearing moccasins at that time. Surprised they never wore war paint. :wacko:

P.S. I respond to your question as an "older" (thanks for that:() Hearts fan and not some fashionista .

Ha! I knew they were for real. Odd that in the entire internet there is not so much as a pic of one, let alone any for sale, what with all the other stuff you can buy.

Archived