Ouzo

Dia Liom

Get some Ricard instead.

Failing that, just pour it over ice with a splash of water. Remember to hold yer nose when you swallow it - and it gives the mother of all hangovers.

portobellojambo1
anyone tried the stuff?

any good ways to drink it?:)

It is very much an acquired taste, I try it any time I am in Greece (don't tend to drink it here) and drink it straight with a small glass of water on the side as a chaser (just to clear my mouth, because it isn't a particularly tasty sort of drink).

In saying that taste wise it is light years ahead of its by product, Raki, which tastes like feck knows what.

I drink it with some water in it - it's OK. Very pleasant.

I met a guy in Greece last year who put Angostura Bitters in it. It was the gayest looking drink I've ever seen.

I remember as a 15 year old on holiday with the folks and asking to stay out a bit later with all the friends that you meet, Anyway went to this club/pub and because your mum & dad give you some money for a few a'hem cola's, decided to drink the cheapest thing on the bar menu.

It was Ouzo. Proceded to get blootered that night. Went home mum and dad where in their bed. Woke up the next day, was fine and done what you do on holiday and have a nice cold glass off water.

Well did i not become drunk again!!! My mum and dad thought i had taken ill because i was staggering all over the appartments.

Never knew this stuff mixed with water.

Happy times

Really like it with lemonade and ice.Got a wee half bottle for the train on Sunday.:107years:

I know you are not aloud to drink on the trains these days but will the smell not be a massive give away that you have something other than Lemonade in that bottle?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I love Ouzo and Pernod (my drink of choice when I was a kid)

Great long over ice with either water or fresh orange

Wonderful drink, and as posters have already said, best served with ice and a glass of water. In Greece, it is commonly served as an ap?ritif, or with a small selection of food (meze), including small fish, salted vegetables, and double-baked bread. :content:

anyone tried the stuff?

any good ways to drink it?:)

Lemonade & ice, but beware!...the saying "blind drunk" originated from Corfu, 2nd world war. Our soddgers would get really hammered on the stuff, then complain about temporary blindness.

Benitses Corfu 82, Ouzo 12 6 pence a shot, nightlife? never saw it!

Ouzo was always the the free drink you got in the bar on holiday in rhodes or crete.

We got so hammered on it, we forced one of the mates on to a merry-go-round span it as fast as possible till he spewed all the ouzo out of him. anyway... happy days.

Aye its bogging stuff try ricard or pernod there not likely to strip the enamel of your teeth like ouzo does

It is lovely stuff. Best, as said, just ice cold, so either straight from the freezer or with ****loads of ice. I personally like a tad of water added. Ricard is fine as well but there is another one in France that I am damned if I can remember the name of that is even nicer.

Casanis!!!!!

loveofthegame

Never ever will i ever drink the stuff ever again. Truly awful. I'd rather drink my own pish.

Did i mention i'll never ever touch it again...

I know you are not aloud to drink on the trains these days but will the smell not be a massive give away that you have something other than Lemonade in that bottle?

Drinking on the train's allowed. Just certain events they ban it which I personally find disgraceful.

Archived