The fallout of the result on Sunday

Y2Asj

A number of things can happen on Sunday. Here is my view of what could/should be the consequences:

Big Hearts win: Belief is restored for many who are wavering, the fallout hurts a damn site more when the inevitable finally comes.

Narrow Hearts win: Not much change - a few people get lifted from the gloom, but really what is the difference.

Draw: Feck all difference

Narrow Hibs win: Small increase in disatisfaction, not much change

Big Hibs win: The very last remaining straw for many Jambos is broken, and some kind of organised change happens.

Is it not a sad day when the best result for Hearts is for Hibs to serve out a tonking?

And dont even gies your :hobofish: pish. Ive been going to Tynecatle for 30 years until this season

Francis Albert

Big Hearts win: Belief is restored for many who are wavering, the fallout hurts a damn site more when the inevitable finally comes.

No we will just be very happy and **** the fall-out. At least that will be Hearts fans reaction.

A number of things can happen on Sunday. Here is my view of what could/should be the consequences:

Narrow Hearts win: Not much change - a few people get lifted from the gloom, but really what is the difference.

Big Hibs win: The very last remaining straw for many Jambos is broken, and some kind of organised change happens.

Is it not a sad day when the best result for Hearts is for Hibs to serve out a tonking?

And dont even gies your :hobofish: pish. Ive been going to Tynecatle for 30 years until this season

Not having a go but what springs to mind?

While we are all desperate win these games, we shouldn't pay too much attention to derby match results. Form book goes out the window and all that.

Guest jambomickey
While we are all desperate win these games, we shouldn't pay too much attention to derby match results. Form book goes out the window and all that.

shouldn't pay too much attention to derby results? behave yourself! can't handle being beat by those reptiles, the derby games are the ones that matter for me FTH

shouldn't pay too much attention to derby results? behave yourself! can't handle being beat by those reptiles, the derby games are the ones that matter for me FTH

I'm not saying they're not important (especially to the fans), I'm only saying that derby results don't give an accurate indication of how good or not the team is (unless it's a shafting either way).

Guest Fabuloso

I think you have a point. We need some form of catalyst to provoke a reaction from somewhere whether that be the Liths or the fans. Being a romantic I'd love the fans to bring things to a head - by whatever means necessary (read into this what you will). If a heavy defeat against Hibs is what it takes then I can live with it. Never thought I'd see the day I'd say that right enough..

I have been saying for weeks now that if we go down there and put in a performance akin to the CIS Cup game a few years ago (that is to say going down without a fight) there will be some sort of reaction from the fans.

jamtartsandbees

Pretty much the same as most weeks then

Francis Albert
Surprised anyone felt the need to respond to this garbage.

Fishing in the extreme IMO.

Quite right. Sorry I did, but for a while it semed to have killed it off. Sad to see some Hearts fans (?) are prepared to go along wite the "being tonked by Hibs would be a good thing" line.

Get real whatever the result is, any sort of Hibs win will do me. You couldn't get rid of vlad with semtex, if he doesn't want to go.

Francis Albert
Get real whatever the result is, any sort of Hibs win will do me. You couldn't get rid of vlad with semtex, if he doesn't want to go.

Refreshing honesty, if nothing else.

Guest jambomickey

AWAY HIDE DOWN YOUR VERMIN HOLE YA RAT BAG

if i'm wrong then i hope the OP will forgive but it does look awfy like a piece of hobo trolling, no two ways about it. anyhoo...

big hearts win... ferkin ecstacy for beleagered jams.

narrow hearts win... still ferkin ecstacy for beleagered jams.

narrow hobo win... depends.

i will find it a lot easier to take if we've gone there and played good football. not just for 10 minutes, for longer spells. if hearts have a real go and create chances then you can't ask for much more. if it's one of their diabolical displays or turgid, disjointed football without creating a sausage then there will be mass gnashing of teeth among the jambo nation.

big hobo win... complete armageddon... for a couple of days, then we'll all start dismissing it from our minds and carry on as before.

we always do.

Francis Albert

big hobo win... complete armageddon... for a couple of days, then we'll all start dismissing it from our minds and carry on as before.

we always do.

Yes, "always" as in once every decade or two.

Charlie-Brown

After the 6-2 defeat at Fester we still had another 5 years of the Pieman - it was Jefferies who felt the need to go a few weeks after that result ...... but I agree this thread is probably just fishing ..... how could fans bring anything to a head anyway - what does that mean in todays context?

Yes, "always" as in once every decade or two.

yes, as in heavy defeats from the maggots?

soz, what i meant was that we will just carry on as normal from a setback.

with the set-up we have, there's not much else to do in town.

Surprised anyone felt the need to respond to this garbage.

Fishing in the extreme IMO.

What, are folk no entitled to their opinion anymore? For what it's worth, i'm not replying to the OP's post, each to their own, whether it's right or wrong, it's upto the poster what they want to say.

Guest Fabuloso
After the 6-2 defeat at Fester we still had another 5 years of the Pieman - it was Jefferies who felt the need to go a few weeks after that result ...... but I agree this thread is probably just fishing ..... how could fans bring anything to a head anyway - what does that mean in todays context?

Yeah! How can us fans change anything. Let's just die.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What the feck has that got to do with anything?!

J.T.F.Robertson
if i'm wrong then i hope the OP will forgive but it does look awfy like a piece of hobo trolling, no two ways about it. anyhoo...

big hearts win... ferkin ecstacy for beleagered jams.

narrow hearts win... still ferkin ecstacy for beleagered jams.

narrow hobo win... depends.

i will find it a lot easier to take if we've gone there and played good football. not just for 10 minutes, for longer spells. if hearts have a real go and create chances then you can't ask for much more. if it's one of their diabolical displays or turgid, disjointed football without creating a sausage then there will be mass gnashing of teeth among the jambo nation.

we always do.

worst comes to worst, we go down fighting. If we turn in another of our gutless performances, (especially against them) I will be well and truly raging.

Give us the effort (along with a few bodies :P) and I'll handle the rest.

'mon the JT's!!

Charlie-Brown
What the feck has that got to do with anything?!

Well I was trying not to rise to potential Hobo bait AP however....after the horrendous 6-2 pumping there was fan protests & complaints & despair etc but it was Jefferies who went, Pieman was hardly ever popular but he got progressively more unpopular than he already was from then on but fan protests didn't as they never had changed anything except maybe some managers their jobs.....it was Romanov's money that ended the Piemans reign nearly 5 years later not any fans anger after a derby thumping....and discontent had been simmering since the poor season following the 98 cup win and that team's best players being sold off soon after.

So whether a derby thumping is the straw that might break the camels back for some fans I doubt it will really make any real difference as fans didn't then and don't now have the money to effect any real change at the club, then or now.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Well I was trying not to rise to potential Hobo bait AP however....after the horrendous 6-2 pumping there was fan protests & complaints & despair etc but it was Jefferies who went, Pieman was hardly ever popular but he got progressively more unpopular than he already was from then on but fan protests didn't as they never had changed anything except maybe some managers their jobs.....it was Romanov's money that ended the Piemans reign nearly 5 years later not any fans anger after a derby thumping....and discontent had been simmering since the poor season following the 98 cup win and that team's best players being sold off soon after.

So whether a derby thumping is the straw that might break the camels back for some fans I doubt it will really make any real difference as fans didn't then and don't now have the money to effect any real change at the club, then or now.

It might not make any difference but the point is still valid .... there may be serious protests if we get a skelping due to dodgy teams/subs/tactics on Sunday.

I just wish you would stop comparing EVERYTHING that happens to something that happened 10 years ago or something that happened at another club.

Anyway, you have a point about the reek of Hobos within this thread so lets leave it at that. :)

Francis Albert
yes, as in heavy defeats from the maggots?

soz, what i meant was that we will just carry on as normal from a setback.

with the set-up we have, there's not much else to do in town.

What is new about the "set up we have"? About once every 10 or 20 years we get a heavy defeat from Hibs. In the meantime we thrash them quite a few times and beat them more often than not. As always.

Archived