WHAT WOULD WE DO IF ROMANOV DIED ?

Captain Price

Fear the worst because.................................

Roman would take over!!!!

Seymour M Hersh
Fear the worst because.................................

Roman would take over!!!!

I would expect the quickest sale in history if he took over. He wants nothing to do with a football club. Only my opinion, i have no proof other than the crass and wholly unprofessional job he is currently doing.

what would we do ??? :cool:

What a sad,sick,infantile,childish,stupid etc...question:mad:

Go to school today and learn first of all respect and how to grow up:cool:

Billy the Jambo

I would crack open the bubbly and i dont even like the stuff .Then i would take a few days off work to have big party

Francis Albert

... trust now we won't have more of the disgust so often expressed on here about Hibs fans celebrating Wallace Mercer's death ...

The right thing and mourn his passing.

Another pointless and stupid thread.:sad:

I'd cry, and throw myself on his coffin.

I'd drink some coffee as black as a midnight sky on a moonlit night

... trust now we won't have more of the disgust so often expressed on here about Hibs fans celebrating Wallace Mercer's death ...

To be fair Monkeyheid's deceased spouse got it tight.

I honestly HATE the guy with a Passion....BUT......I just want him and his Gimp son to leave....Too far TBH!!

To be fair Monkeyheid's deceased spouse got it tight.

Never could understand that.....felt it was way out of order and nothiing to do with football at all........

It is a far more pertinent question than most on here give it tbh.

At this moment, we are in debt to VR, through his bank (and his mum ;)) but it IS to VR. Unlike any other bank, UKIO will not come a calling for the cash, as long as VR has anything to do with it.

However, should anything happen to VR, who at the bank would look at our huge debt, low income and think "just leave them, they will be fine"? Nobody I fear.

When I and other JKB members met with Charlie Mann two years ago, Charlie stated that VR was "in the process" of drawing up documents that would mean that should he "get knocked over by a bus" that Hearts would be "debt free". I queried it at the time and confirmed that Charlie meant that Hearts' debt would be wiped out by VR's insurance policy, and Charlie confirmed that to be the case.

Since then, we have not heard anything more, in fact that same question was laughed at and sneered at by Roman Romanov at the last AGM. I hope that the fact we have not heard is purely due to the fact that it is (largely) none of our business, I REALLY hope that it is not because VR didn't do it.

As long as VR is in charge and alive we are fine, if he passes away whilst still in charge and without such a policy, we will go to the wall IMO.

Francis Albert
Since then, we have not heard anything more, in fact that same question was laughed at and sneered at by Roman Romanov at the last AGM.

I may be in a minority of one, but I thought RR's reported response to the question "What happens if (or was it when?) your father dies?" (Well, he won't be picking the team") was the high point of his chairmanship. And remarkably tolerant - is this a question raised about David Murray or Tom Farmer at Rangers and Hibs AGMs?

Anyway, the answer is presumably similar to that to the question "what happens if (or when) Vlad loses interest?" which some think has already happened, or at least is more imminent than his death.

Guest JamboRobbo
It is a far more pertinent question than most on here give it tbh.

At this moment, we are in debt to VR, through his bank (and his mum ;)) but it IS to VR. Unlike any other bank, UKIO will not come a calling for the cash, as long as VR has anything to do with it.

However, should anything happen to VR, who at the bank would look at our huge debt, low income and think "just leave them, they will be fine"? Nobody I fear.

When I and other JKB members met with Charlie Mann two years ago, Charlie stated that VR was "in the process" of drawing up documents that would mean that should he "get knocked over by a bus" that Hearts would be "debt free". I queried it at the time and confirmed that Charlie meant that Hearts' debt would be wiped out by VR's insurance policy, and Charlie confirmed that to be the case.

Since then, we have not heard anything more, in fact that same question was laughed at and sneered at by Roman Romanov at the last AGM. I hope that the fact we have not heard is purely due to the fact that it is (largely) none of our business, I REALLY hope that it is not because VR didn't do it.

As long as VR is in charge and alive we are fine, if he passes away whilst still in charge and without such a policy, we will go to the wall IMO.

Spot on mate. Question was asked, and repeatedly chased, and the response was always "something is being put in place and it'll be announced in the next couple of weeks".

That must be approx 2 years ago now......

Another in a long line of bs we were fed.

I may be in a minority of one, but I thought RR's reported response to the question "What happens if (or was it when?) your father dies?" (Well, he won't be picking the team") was the high point of his chairmanship. And remarkably tolerant - is this a question raised about David Murray or Tom Farmer at Rangers and Hibs AGMs?

Anyway, the answer is presumably similar to that to the question "what happens if (or when) Vlad loses interest?" which some think has already happened, or at least is more imminent than his death.

This may sound like pedantry but there is a huge difference, the question was not asked at the AGM, nor was it ever planned to be asked at the AGM. Also, the question was far more substantial and asking about the long term future of the club as opposed to "haw Rodney, see when your dad carks it..."

Rodney chose to cherry pick part of a question that was due to be asked by Hearts fans and mocked us.

I didn't laugh.

Francis Albert
This may sound like pedantry but there is a huge difference, the question was not asked at the AGM, nor was it ever planned to be asked at the AGM. Also, the question was far more substantial and asking about the long term future of the club as opposed to "haw Rodney, see when your dad carks it..."

Rodney chose to cherry pick part of a question that was due to be asked by Hearts fans and mocked us.

I didn't laugh.

Fair enough . I wasn't there - just commenting on what was reported and which your post ("the same question was asked ...") seemed to confirm.

It still seems to me that higher standards seem to be expected of Vlad's regime than others. I can't see why the same question isn't relevant to David Murray or Tom Farmer. And I can't remember any previous Hearts regime (not even CPR's, despite rapidly mounting debt, at least until he announced the sale of Tynecastle) being pressed for details of what was planned to ensure the long term future of the club including succession plans for the major owner(s).

Fair enough . I wasn't there - just commenting on what was reported and which your post ("the same question was asked ...") seemed to confirm.

It still seems to me that higher standards seem to be expected of Vlad's regime than others. I can't see why the same question isn't relevant to David Murray or Tom Farmer. And I can't remember any previous Hearts regime (not even CPR's, despite rapidly mounting debt, at least until he announced the sale of Tynecastle) being pressed for details of what was planned to ensure the long term future of the club including succession plans for the major owner(s).

The question was submitted to Charlie Mann as part of the questions we were to ask him.

At the meeting that I was present at 2 years ago, Charlie himself offered up this information, it was not something that we went looking for prior to the meeting.

As for "higher standards" any owner/chairman that personally guarantees a clubs debt is likely to be asked what happens if they stop guaranteeing that debt, for any reason. Farmer does not guarantee the money that Hibs owe, Hibs do and their bank is okay with it. R@ng*rs I am sure are in a similar situation. We however, have a debt in the same range as R@ng*rs yet with an income in the same range of Hibs. Any bank would have issues with that, our bank does not, as long as VR lives. Hence the interest.

It would certainly add to the debate that "VR saved Hearts" if he then in turn sealed their fate, wouldn't it?

Francis Albert
It would certainly add to the debate that "VR saved Hearts" if he then in turn sealed their fate, wouldn't it?

Not really. Who knows what the future may bring. But Vlad put in more money to save Hearts (or at least Hearts at Tynecastle) than the entire Hearts support and the fabled "Edinburgh business community" could muster. Tempted to write FACT, but ... oh, I have.

Captain Price
What a sad,sick,infantile,childish,stupid etc...question:mad:

Go to school today and learn first of all respect and how to grow up:cool:

so youve been shaggin romanov then ??

Captain Price
The right thing and mourn his passing.

Another pointless and stupid thread.:sad:

yes ok that would be the right thing to do and we probably would, personally that what i would do. Ok he has been and is a right tosser BUT he has saved our arses, right ?

If Vlad really is starting to have little affection for us as a group of fans, it's really no great mystery why that might be. Jesus. Some of the comments on here are just beyond reprehensible.

For those that are actually looking at the pertinent issues rather than using this thread as a means to post disrespectful bile, it's definitely a big question and one which I'm more than a little confused about. It's not the easiest subject to broach but we could do with finding out a little more about the security of the club if such a thing was to happen, it's only natural that we're concerned. Especially with things being the way they are debt-wise etc.

It's maybe a question that can be asked every year at the AGM until we get an answer from someone less idiotic than Rodney?

Drylaw Hearts
If Vlad really is starting to have little affection for us as a group of fans, it's really no great mystery why that might be. Jesus. Some of the comments on here are just beyond reprehensible.

For those that are actually looking at the pertinent issues rather than using this thread as a means to post disrespectful bile, it's definitely a big question and one which I'm more than a little confused about. It's not the easiest subject to broach but we could do with finding out a little more about the security of the club if such a thing was to happen, it's only natural that we're concerned. Especially with things being the way they are debt-wise etc.

It's maybe a question that can be asked every year at the AGM until we get an answer from someone less idiotic than Rodney?

If your more idiotic than Rodney your name can only be Jade Goodie.

Charlie-Brown

IF Romanov or any other club owner had provided securities against a football clubs debt then alive or dead the banks would hold that floating charge over those assets or estate whilst the debt was still outstanding.....the security providers death might actually make it easier for the banks to recover their money once the issue of the deceased's estate was settled........but if people think that if Romanov or Abramovich or Glasier drop dead then HMFC, CFC and MUFC will be absolved of all their debts they are living in cloud cuckoo land...the football clubs assets are ultimately what will settle/cover debts whilst the clubs remain indebted.

Drylaw Hearts
IF Romanov or any other club owner had provided securities against a football clubs debt then alive or dead the banks would hold that floating charge over those assets or estate whilst the debt was still outstanding.....the security providers death might actually make it easier for the banks to recover their money once the issue of the deceased's estate was settled........but if people think that if Romanov or Abramovich or Glasier drop dead then HMFC, CFC and MUFC will be absolved of all their debts they are living in cloud cuckoo land...the football clubs assets are ultimately what will settle/cover debts whilst the clubs remain indebted.

Wasn't one of VR's men that told Hearts supporters that such a plan was being put in place ?

If so...

Who put that idea in his head ?

Is the guy living in 'Cloud Cukoo Land' - Vladamir Romanov ?

Charlie-Brown
Wasn't one of VR's men that told Hearts supporters that such a plan was being put in place ?

If so...

Who put that idea in his head ?

Is the guy living in 'Cloud Cukoo Land' - Vladamir Romanov ?

Maybe DH but iam sure Charlie Mann was responding to some thread on here called something like 'what happened if VR went under a bus?' people were worried that hearts would be liable for the debts.....I was at the JKB meeting at the diggers and as I recall CM said something like it was being looked at - he didn't say it was definitely happening but he did say they were looking if it was feasible & hoped to respond to this issue in a couple of weeks which they didn't do so that was remiss of them but then....why does nobody with 'contacts' or a right to attend the AGM's raise this question again ?

I certainly wasn't Ediie thompsons biggest fan, I'd go as far to say I didn't like the man but given the timing I'd say this thread is in extremely poor taste. grow up!

Archived