mackay or robbo

robbojambo

so guys, both are legends, but who would you rather be, a hearts supporter that has the record appearances for the club, or somebody that supported our bitterest rivals but turned out our record goalscorer.......discuss.....me... i would rather be MACKAY......

so guys, both are legends, but who would you rather be, a hearts supporter that has the record appearances for the club, or somebody that supported our bitterest rivals but turned out our record goalscorer.......discuss.....me... i would rather be MACKAY......

Love them both but Robbo would be in EVERY single Jambos best team EVER

Sadly Gary Mackay wouldn't

Miller Jambo 60

Sadly Gary Mackay wouldn't

Have had a pint with them both.

END OFF

never asked about best ever team, just asked whether you would like to be a hearts supporter who is a legend for apperrances, or a hibs supporter who is a legend for goals

Doctor FinnBarr
so guys, both are legends, but who would you rather be, a hearts supporter that* has the record appearances for the club, or somebody that supported our bitterest rivals but turned out our record goalscorer.......discuss.....me... i would rather be* MACKAY......
So why are you named after him? Hmmm, I wonder!:107years::107years::107years::107years:

Hearts Heritage

Robbo has a shout to be in it but is not guaranteed a place. It is a mark of just how good Hearts are that the likes of

Percy Dawson

Jock White

Barney Battles Jnr

Andy Black

Jimmy Wardhaugh

Willie Bauld

would challenge him for a place

gorgie rd eh11
he was

Calling him a supporter is pushing it, he had a slight leaning. He got over it very quickly and loved shoving it up them.

this isn't about best ever team...... just what would you rather be...a legend who was a true jambo or a bigger legend who never started off as a jambo but is now...

Hearts Heritage
this isn't about best ever team...... just what would you rather be...a legend who was a true jambo or a bigger legend who never started off as a jambo but is now...

Only one answer then

Bobby Walker the greatest and most loved of them all.

End Of.

http://www.londonhearts.com/legends/walkerbobby/dalryprimrose.htm

Grandad-and-Bobby-walker.jpg

An impossible choice.

Not only are they both Legends in their own right but they played together for many years in maroon colours.

It's like trying to choose which Minogue sister to go for.

And PS Robbo is NOT Hearts record goal scorer.

The King Is

Using your own stats, if you exclude friendlies - as most people do - Robbo has more goals.

I'm sure many of us remember him scoring the record breaking goal.

And he isn't now.

After a stormy pre-match press conference during his time as manager of Hearts, Robbo was about to leave the room when a journalist decided to chance his arm and ask him to "Name his team."

"I'll name my team for you," said Robbo. "Herriot, Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton, Black, Blackley, Edwards, O'Rourke, Gordon, Duncan."

Dani, without a shadow of a doubt.

Pure filth.

An impossible choice.

Not only are they both Legends in their own right but they played together for many years in maroon colours.

I'd do Danni definately... she looks like she could handle a good pounding plus she looks dirtier!!!;)

I'd be scared i'd break wee Kylie! Ha ha!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cwbl807gX50

I'd do Danni definately... she looks like she could handle a good pounding plus she looks dirtier!!!;)

I'd be scared i'd break wee Kylie! Ha ha!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cwbl807gX50

As for the original question... Robbo, definately!

Gary Mackay IS a legend... but to be the ALL TIME record goal scorer against your mortal enemies... would be too good to resist!

Robbo is the swinging horse's appendage when it comes to the Edinburgh Derby!:cool:

"Who would you rather be?"

In a playing sense, football is all about goals, and I can only imagine how great it feels to score a goal in a top game in front of a big crowd, and get the fans' adulation.

Robbo's had that feeling more than any other Hearts player. Who would you rather be? No disrespect for the classy midfielder but it has to be the goal-scorer.

The fact that he went to watch the Hibs as a youngster really has got nothing to do with it. Maybe he even "quite liked" them, so would get quite a keyboard kicking should he ever try to post here.

Frankly, he could turn up wearing a Celtic strip and Rhobbo would still be my all-time Hearts hero (I'm too young to have gone to games in the fifties).

Hearts Heritage
Using your own stats, if you exclude friendlies - as most people do - Robbo has more goals.

I'm sure many of us remember him scoring the record breaking goal.

Eh no.

Willie Bauld scored 277 competitive goals, Robbo 271 equal with Jimmy Wardhaugh.

He broke the league scoring record not the competitive record.

if robbo had mckay's personality he would be walking on rose petals wherever he went, but he has'nt so he is'nt

What personality has Gary got he is just a numpty who makes me cringe when I listen to the Hearts world on a sat and he starts swearing I just shake my head. As for Robbo he wins this argument hands down you could not meet a nicer guy thanks for the memories and your goals.

Grumpy.

It`s well documented Robbos late Dad was a Hearts man and he dedicated his Cup winners medal to him in 1998.

I get the impression Robbo was just one of those lads who played football most of the time chasing the dream but his leaning was to Hibs if you asked him, and he really wasn`t a pasionate fan.

Fast forward to his career for Hearts, the goals, the tears, the triumphs the adulation.......i don`t think he had any qualms about changing allegiance if you coupled that with the fact he came fromHearts blood.

coatbridgejambo

robbo for me:)

It`s well documented Robbos late Dad was a Hearts man and he dedicated his Cup winners medal to him in 1998.

I get the impression Robbo was just one of those lads who played football most of the time chasing the dream but his leaning was to Hibs if you asked him, and he really wasn`t a pasionate fan.

Fast forward to his career for Hearts, the goals, the tears, the triumphs the adulation.......i don`t think he had any qualms about changing allegiance if you coupled that with the fact he came fromHearts blood.

Undoubtedly.

His big brother Chris was always too busy playing to go and watch footy which left his other brother George as the man who had to take him.

It just so happens that George is a hibby so he took him to ER now and again.

What personality has Gary got he is just a numpty who makes me cringe when I listen to the Hearts world on a sat and he starts swearing I just shake my head. Grumpy.

i get the same feeling about you

All hibs fans only ever go to ER 'now and again'. 200 die hards on the East Terracing. Thats their hardcore. LOL.

Robbo has about as much contempt for anyone & everything connected with hibs as I do.

The two biggest Hearts legends in my lifetime. Can't seperate them. Its like asking who's your favourite child, or who's your favourite parent.

portobellojambo1
never asked about best ever team, just asked whether you would like to be a hearts supporter who is a legend for apperrances, or a hibs supporter who is a legend for goals

Got any idea how many times John Robertson actually went to Easter Road to watch Hibs as a youngster. I'll give you a clue, if it is more than once I would be totally surprised, and if it wasn't at the insistence of his older brother George I would be even more surprised.

Neither Chris or John went to watch football, both of them played in organised football from a very, very young age. George was a Hibs supporter, but even as a youngster I cannot remember him going off to watch Hibs very regularly, possibly only became regular once working (much of that probably had to do with the fact their Dad died when John was very young, and their Mum brought up a large family all on her own).

Sick fed up hearing about how John Robertson was a big Hibs fan, he was no more a Hibs fan than I am likely to be elected the next fecking Pope.

GOALSCORERES ALWAYS GET THE HEADLINES.GARY MACKAY DONE A FANTASTIC JOB FOR HEARTS,BUT ROBBO.NOBODY DOES IT BETTER.

HAMMER OF HIBS.:)

heartgarfunkel
he was

Not in his youth growing up in Meadowfield - liked Rangers. His brother George followed Hibs, his old man loved the Hearts.

heartgarfunkel
Got any idea how many times John Robertson actually went to Easter Road to watch Hibs as a youngster. I'll give you a clue, if it is more than once I would be totally surprised, and if it wasn't at the insistence of his older brother George I would be even more surprised.

Neither Chris or John went to watch football, both of them played in organised football from a very, very young age. George was a Hibs supporter, but even as a youngster I cannot remember him going off to watch Hibs very regularly, possibly only became regular once working (much of that probably had to do with the fact their Dad died when John was very young, and their Mum brought up a large family all on her own).

Sick fed up hearing about how John Robertson was a big Hibs fan, he was no more a Hibs fan than I am likely to be elected the next fecking Pope.

Sorry, didn't see your post before sticking mine on. You're absolutely correct. I grew up round the corner in Lady Nairne and remember him saying up the field that he liked Rangers - he had a top chris gave him. No-one has any recollection of him going to Fester Road regularly, or voicing a preference for Hibs. Still, it makes a good story that their Hammer used to support them (nearly signed for them is nearer the truth).

Sorry, didn't see your post before sticking mine on. You're absolutely correct. I grew up round the corner in Lady Nairne and remember him saying up the field that he liked Rangers - he had a top chris gave him. No-one has any recollection of him going to Fester Road regularly, or voicing a preference for Hibs. Still, it makes a good story that their Hammer used to support them (nearly signed for them is nearer the truth).

Didn't Chris play for the Huns before he signed for us ?

Not in his youth growing up in Meadowfield - liked Rangers. His brother George followed Hibs, his old man loved the Hearts.

Possibly because Chris was with the huns before he signed for us.

Funny you say that, because when i was young i used to get the Shoot magazine each week and there was always a player profile on up and coming players.

On Robbos one he said Rangers were the team he supported as a boy.

He`s a Jam Tart now though:)

There is a certain Dave Mackay who was twice the player these guys were. He would be in ANY Scotland team from any era!

The Duke was still the best performer I ever saw with us.

Archived