Lennon or McCartney

Jamie_the_Jambo

Lennon or McCartney  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Lennon or McCartney

• Lennon
    • McCartney

That's like opening a poll asking, "Sandwiches: which do you prefer; the bread or the filling?"

The bread - every time ;)

McCartney wrote Hey Jude and Let It Be

Two of there best so he gets my vote.

He also wrote Mull of Kintyre,Frog Song,Obla dee obla da,Maxwells Hammer,Ebony and Ivory ect.So even Harrison would get my vote before him.:)

In The Beatles, a dead heat

Solo, Macca edges it for me

However 'All Things Must Pass' is the best solo Beatle album by a mile.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Lennon,

But even he could not have written Hey Jude...

Macca's okay.

Rotten taste in women, both of them, though.

How Lennon could cheat on a nice bird like Cynthia with that Yoko and how Macca could go from Jane Asher to the original bunny boiler defies belief.

At least Ringo could pick a bird...

McCartney wrote Hey Jude and Let It Be

Two of there best so he gets my vote.

my reasoning also, as well as Yesterday.

Ringo is the best Beatle though, as he provided the voice for Thomas the Tank Engine. Nothing John or Paul ever did can come close to that.

my reasoning also, as well as Yesterday.

Ringo is the best Beatle though, as he provided the voice for Thomas the Tank Engine. Nothing John or Paul ever did can come close to that.

Another reason i would put Harrison before him.:)

blondejamtart
He also wrote Mull of Kintyre,Frog Song,Obla dee obla da,Maxwells Hammer,Ebony and Ivory ect.So even Harrison would get my vote before him.:)

Precisely - and to be daft enough to marry Heather Mills has got to count against him too!

Precisely - and to be daft enough to marry Heather Mills has got to count against him too!

It is now rumoured that his new girlfriend is Lulu.:eek:

Lennon,

But even he could not have written Hey Jude...

He did an important bit of sub-editing on that though. McCartney says he played it to him and after doing the line "the movement you need is on your shoulder" he says he told John, I'll just chuck that line out, to which John apparently replied, "you bloody well won't".

Back to the thread question, I'd go with McCartney - narrowly - but still, that was some duo (more evident with the erratic quality of their solo work - for every Imagine & Band On the Run, there's a Double Fantasy and Press To Play lurking behind).

He did an important bit of sub-editing on that though. McCartney says he played it to him and after doing the line "the movement you need is on your shoulder" he says he told John, I'll just chuck that line out, to which John apparently replied, "you bloody well won't".

Back to the thread question, I'd go with McCartney - narrowly - but still, that was some duo (more evident with the erratic quality of their solo work - for every Imagine & Band On the Run, there's a Double Fantasy and Press To Play lurking behind).

Harrisons case gets stronger all the time.Band on the Run another overated piece of crap.:)His solo career is really bad when you think about it.BOTR seems to be the only one the critics like.;)

Maca is a grade A ******.

At least Lennon was cool.

I would say both were grade a cocks after the Beatles split.None of the 2 had a 5 star lp after the split.Even the Imagine lp that is Lennons high point is a 3 star at best.Great partnership not very good solo.Harrisons early solo career is far more interesting and better.

• 3 months later...
davemclaren
Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, David Bowie

As performers, songwriters, innovators or a selection of all 3?:)

hated both Neil Lennon & Mick McCarthy

Almost funny apart from the McCartney/McCarthy glimp.;)

70's Throwback
That's like opening a poll asking, "Sandwiches: which do you prefer; the bread or the filling?"

Bread's the shizzle

70's Throwback
Its the shizzle fo sure!

Preferably the low GI kind ;)

It fuzzles my nuzzle ...

As solo artists, I've never liked EITHER of them.

John was too much of a hippy and Paul was way too "hey, man! rock'n'rooooll"

Together as the driving force behind The Beatles, they're almost untouchable. Utter genius.

As solo artists, I've never liked EITHER of them.

John was too much of a hippy and Paul was way too "hey, man! rock'n'rooooll"

Together as the driving force behind The Beatles, they're almost untouchable. Utter genius.

Can`t argue with much of that, `cept Lennon wrote better songs on his own.

As a team, yes, it`ll be a very very long time `till something that special happens again.

For me George was the really cool one. He didn`t have to act. It was always him.

And Noel and Liam now try to compare themselves to anyone who`ll listen?

Geez a break!

Guest Tynie Bubbles

Think Mark Chapman got it horribly wrong.

He should have shot Lennon and McCartney.

Lennon just edges it for me (well I would say that anyway), but a lot of people tend to forget some of Maccas classic Beatles stuff like For No One, Long And Winding Road, Eleanor Rigby (of which I do believe Ringo had a hand in) and the like, but I do agree with the majority that both their solo careers left a lot to be desired, probably shows just how much they actually relied on and needed each other.

Archived