Robbo

peebles jambo

peebles jambo

never get tired of watching him hit the net against the hobos :)

if only we could unearth another "hammer of the hibs" :cool:

kennygarland1
never get tired of watching him hit the net against the hobos :)

if only we could unearth another "hammer of the hibs" :cool:

There will never be another Robbo,the likes of him we will never see again,other than his wee stint at Newcastle he was the proverbial one man club.

Anyone with his goalscoring record would be lucky to see 3 full seasons without being snapped up.

Fantastic player for us. A hero for many. I've met him a few times but I still get excited (not in that way) when I see him :cool:

Fantastic player for us. A hero for many. I've met him a few times but I still get excited (not in that way) when I see him :cool:

The fact you had to point that out worries me.

The fact you had to point that out worries me.

Haha, ah well can't win.. Comments would be made either way. Anyway Robbo- Legend. Was the point I was trying to make :o

guys like robbo and gary mckay are true club legends in every sense of the words. not only fantastic servants to the club but also life long patriarchal figures for club. they will always epitomise everything that hearts should stand for. both are thoroughly pleasant guys to meet to and always make time to speak to and listen to their fellow fans.

that's what they are... hearts fans, it just so happens they played for the club and one managed the club, but that's almost incidental because when it comes down to it, they're just the same as any fan on here.

we're highly unlikely to ever see guys of this calibre play for the club.

....In the shed, celebrating a Robbo goal was what the JT's was all about. All seated stadium pish was the start of the end for me !! Still go from time to time but we'll not go into that. What was brilliant about Robbo was the elation he showed every time he hit the net - he just enjoyed scoring so much. I worked beside his wife years ago when Robbo was about 22, 23 and remember wandering in to the typing pool for a chat with the secy's to find Robbo in there. Remember asking him about his joy at scoring and he said it was better than sex any day (especially scoring against the Hibs !) dont think the then to be Mrs Robertson was too chuffed !!

They talk about legends too cheaply nowadays - Robbo is without doubt the greatest living Jambo legend !. As the years go by I'm sure his goal scoring feats will seem even more remarkable. Particularly when you consider a lot of the time the team wasn't that great !

Frankenstein Jambo.

I wonder if he would have ever made it at Newcastle had he not got all those injuries. fantastic player and an ideal to all the younger strikers coming through the ranks at Hears.

Was watching some of his goals against that lot earlier on HeartsTV.

Some superb memories, the guy was/is an absolute Hearts legend.

Especially the goals at easter road, to see the fans celebrating behind the goals is fantastic.

One of the best goals was the equaliser in injury time in a 2-2 draw down there, I was watching the game with my dad in the tynie arms and when robbo scored we jumped up in the air and our chairs went flying, it was brilliant. :)

Hearts Heritage

They talk about legends too cheaply nowadays - Robbo is without doubt the greatest living Jambo legend !.

Apart from

J Cumming

D McKay

A Young

you may be correct.

Was watching some of his goals against that lot earlier on HeartsTV.

Just finished watching it. Absolutely superb.

Anyone know if there's a way I could download/copy it ?

I wonder if he would have ever made it at Newcastle had he not got all those injuries. fantastic player and an ideal to all the younger strikers coming through the ranks at Hears.

Had they not wanted him to play wide midfield I am sure he would have. Bad hernia injury and then they play him out of position? No wonder he never lasted down there.

The man is a legend, I do wonder if we will ever see his like at our club again.

Apart from

J Cumming

D McKay

A Young

you may be correct.

I'd throw in Alfie Conn Snr into that mix.

Buffalo Bill

Used to stand/sit in the old South enclosure, and what is often overlooked by many fans is the tireless running Robertson did off the ball, especially at attacking throw ins. In contrast, Ian Ferguson (the streaked version) never moved a muscle to make space or lose his marker when he was up front, and the same could be said for numerous others. Robertson's running and near telepathic understanding with McKay led to numerous goal scoring opportunities for both players, and I don't think we've had a forward and midfielder complement each other so well since.

Archived