ACDC (non Hearts)

asomerville

erm. they're playing the SECC on the first of march!

Source?

Anything I've found says that they're playing a gig in Antwerp on that date!

Scott_HMFC1874
what the **** has a past it rock band got anything to do with heart of midlothian?

this is the shed mate.

about 90 % of these threads have no hearts content....

anyhoo,

where is it said they are playin the SECC? havent seen it anywhere?

Dagger Is Back
erm. they're playing the SECC on the first of march!

Are they really? They've got gigs every other day during March and they're in Europe. Me thinks you are talking through your arse.

Source?

Anything I've found says that they're playing a gig in Antwerp on that date!

just google the following

ACDC SECC march

you'll find loads of links, it's only recently been added. I recieved an email about it a couple of weeks ago. But the added dates are

Mar. 01 - Glasgow, UK - SECC

Mar. 02 - Birmingham, UK - LG Arena

Mar. 03 - London, UK - O2 Arena

Fair enough mate, but "googling" something is never 100% reliable.

As AC/DC have (along with many other artists) signed up with LiveNation, the e-mail I received from them yesterday had the following dates in the UK:

14/04/09 The O2, London

21/04/09 MEN Arena, Manchester

23/04/09 LG Arena, Birmingham

The above dates are also on the official AC/DC website.

Nothing about any date at the SECC in March. Like I said, I've done a search for the dates on the European tour, and the dates you've mentioned have the band in Antwerp and various other places in Europe - but not in the UK!

Yeah, I saw that "poster" too......it popped up on some blog site, and the guy said that it looked official, but no confirmation was given.

One way to confirm it - go to the LiveNation website, and see what they've got.

I REALLY want to believe you (saw them in 2000 at the SECC, and they were superb), but I can't......

Dagger Is Back

They are definitely NOT playing the SECC in March either on the 1st or any other date!

The Google link is a wind up.

maybe not, I have no hotline to Angus. I just recieved an email promoting the gig from a rock site that I've bought stuff from in the past. And there seems to be plenty of stuff on 'tinterweb about it.

No need to get arsey about it.

Dagger Is Back
maybe not, I have no hotline to Angus. I just recieved an email promoting the gig from a rock site that I've bought stuff from in the past. And there seems to be plenty of stuff on 'tinterweb about it.

No need to get arsey about it.

You're right mate - sorry.

Your info is a crock of **** though. Just need to check the official site to see that 1 March is a definite no no.

There are a few gaps in their itinerary if they want to pop in a wee North of UK gig though.

Just about to post something similar. Cant believe there not playing in Scotland, and only 3 dates in the UK!! The Malcolm brothers were born in Scotland ffs, surely they'd come back! Ive never been able to see them and this would probably be my only chance to see them!!

Just about to post something similar. Cant believe there not playing in Scotland, and only 3 dates in the UK!! The Malcolm brothers were born in Scotland ffs, surely they'd come back! Ive never been able to see them and this would probably be my only chance to see them!!

Bon Scott too.

Got 4 tickets for the O2 arena!!!!

How did you manage to get 4?

This is taken from ticketmaster -

**PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A STRICT TICKET LIMIT OF 2 TICKETS PER PERSON & PER CREDIT CARD FOR THIS EVENT - ANY TICKETS BOOKED OVER THE LIMIT WILL BE CANCELLED **

Dagger Is Back
A mate of mine (big AC/DC fan) had heard they were headlining T in the Park.

Cow poop or otherwise?

Now THAT would be awesome.

18 Feb 2009 Oslo NO Telenor Arena Sold Out SOLD OUT

20 Feb 2009 Stockholm SE The Globe Sold Out SOLD OUT

22 Feb 2009 Stockholm SE The Globe Sold Out SOLD OUT

25 Feb 2009 Paris FR Bercy Sold Out SOLD OUT

27 Feb 2009 Paris FR Bercy Sold Out SOLD OUT

01 Mar 2009 Antwerp BE Sportpaleis Sold Out SOLD OUT

03 Mar 2009 Antwerp BE Sportpaleis Sold Out SOLD OUT

05 Mar 2009 Leipzig DE Halle 1 Sold Out SOLD OUT

07 Mar 2009 Dusseldorf DE ISS Dome Sold Out SOLD OUT

09 Mar 2009 Oberhausen DE KoPi Arena Sold Out SOLD OUT

11 Mar 2009 Bremen DE AWD Dome Sold Out SOLD OUT

13 Mar 2009 Rotterdam NL Ahoy 2008-10-18 October 18

15 Mar 2009 Dortmund DE Westfallenhalle Sold Out SOLD OUT

17 Mar 2009 Prague CZ O2 Arena Sold Out SOLD OUT

19 Mar 2009 Milan IT Datch Forum Sold Out SOLD OUT

21 Mar 2009 Milan IT Datch Forum Sold Out SOLD OUT

23 Mar 2009 Budapest HU Papp L?szl? Budapest Sportarena Sold Out Get Tickets

25 Mar 2009 Frankfurt DE Festhalle Sold Out SOLD OUT

27 Mar 2009 Munich DE Olympiahalle Sold Out SOLD OUT

29 Mar 2009 Zurich CH Hallenstadion Sold Out SOLD OUT

31 Mar 2009 Barcelona ES Sant Jordi 2008-10-21 October 21

02 Apr 2009 Madrid ES Palacio de los Deportes 2008-10-21 October 21

14 Apr 2009 London GB O2 Arena Sold Out SOLD OUT

16 Apr 2009 London GB O2 Arena Sold Out SOLD OUT

18 Apr 2009 Dublin IE O2 Arena Sold Out SOLD OUT

21 Apr 2009 Manchester GB MEN Sold Out SOLD OUT

23 Apr 2009 Birmingham GB NEC

A mate of mine (big AC/DC fan) had heard they were headlining T in the Park.

Cow poop or otherwise?

I heard that as well athough I reckon its poop.

would explain no Scottish gig though.

A friend of mine in the leisure industry ASSURES me that Hampden Park will be confirmed as a venue when the stadium part of the AC/DC world tour (summer 2009) is announced,

Should be announced before the end of the year but Hampden Park have had this on their books for six months. Its simply a matter of which one of the 3 dates they are holding

No AC/DC but Metallica are playing the SECC on March 26th.

Got my ticket this morning. YIPPEE!

How? They dont go on sale till Friday. :s

A perk of being a Metclub member.

Where do u order the tickets from on the metclub site? I cant find it.

First of all (assuming you too are a member of the Metclub), go into your "my account" page and copy the code which they have added which will be required when ordering.

Then go to the news section and click on World Magnetic - The Final Edition [10/21/08]. You should see a list of tour dates. Scroll down to the Glasgow date and click on "info". You should be taken to Ticketmaster's site where it will ask you for the special code I mentioned earlier. Once you punch that in you should be ready to buy.

Father Tiresias

A guy a work has just this minute bought AC/DC tickets for the Manchester gig at http://www.seetickets.com

They were showing as having London tickets on theie web-site, but there was a problem in the final ordering and he called them. He was offered tickets for the Manchester gig instead!!

First of all (assuming you too are a member of the Metclub), go into your "my account" page and copy the code which they have added which will be required when ordering.

Then go to the news section and click on World Magnetic - The Final Edition [10/21/08]. You should see a list of tour dates. Scroll down to the Glasgow date and click on "info". You should be taken to Ticketmaster's site where it will ask you for the special code I mentioned earlier. Once you punch that in you should be ready to buy.

Thanks mate. :thumb: I was able to order tickets last night!

Johanes de Silentio

I was speaking to a guy from a fairly big London record company on the phone the other day.

He was bemoaning the lack of record sales these days due to downloads, etc, and saying that it's becoming increasingly difficult to promote new artists.

Anyhoo...to illustrate his point, he cited the possibility/probability that the biggest selling album this year will not be by a 'new act'...but the latest album by...(drum roll)...AC/DC!

Awl-****ing-right!

I much prefer the Bon Scott line-up, and I find Brian Johnson's voice nippy at times, but, let's face it, it's all about Angus these days, innit?

Best album? 'Highway to Hell' - FACT - END OF!

I was speaking to a guy from a fairly big London record company on the phone the other day.

He was bemoaning the lack of record sales these days due to downloads, etc, and saying that it's becoming increasingly difficult to promote new artists.

Anyhoo...to illustrate his point, he cited the possibility/probability that the biggest selling album this year will not be by a 'new act'...but the latest album by...(drum roll)...AC/DC!

Awl-****ing-right!

I much prefer the Bon Scott line-up, and I find Brian Johnson's voice nippy at times, but, let's face it, it's all about Angus these days, innit?

Best album? 'Highway to Hell' - FACT - END OF!

ac/dc are'nt putting their new album on the itunes store or any other to avoid people downloading individual songs. they are encouraging people to buy the whole album instead. this might be a reason why it will be the biggest album this year.

A friend of mine in the leisure industry ASSURES me that Hampden Park will be confirmed as a venue when the stadium part of the AC/DC world tour (summer 2009) is announced,

Should be announced before the end of the year but Hampden Park have had this on their books for six months. Its simply a matter of which one of the 3 dates they are holding

More chance of it being Murrayfield if they do decide to play Scotland! Apparently Hampden wanted more cash for a smaller venue ;) As told to me 2-3 months ago from an agent connected to the band !

AC/DC :eek: absolutely red rotten:eek:

A guy older than me [50] jumping around dressed as a schoolboy FFS...The mans a beast!!!

Archived