Csaba Laszlo's speech to the players before the Derby

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Ruffles and Flourishes? ????. Be seated.

Now, I want you to remember that no ******* ever won a match by dying for his club. He won it by making the other poor dumb ******* die for his club. Men, all this stuff you?ve heard about Hearts players not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of this derby, is a lot of horse dung. Hearts players traditionally love to fight. All real Hearts players love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired Willie Bauld, Dave McKay, John Robertson. Hearts supporters love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Heart of Midlothian play to win all the time. I wouldn?t give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That?s why Hearts have won two Scottish Cups in 10 years and Hibs have not won it since 1902. That's why we have an incredible record in derbies. Because the very thought of losing derbies is hateful to Heart of Midlothian FC.

Now, Heart of Midlothian FC is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious *******s who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Edinburgh Evening News don?t know anything more about real football than they do about fornicating.

We have the finest supporters, the best spirit and the best men in the world. You know, by God I actually pity those poor *******s we?re going up against. By God, I do. We?re not just going to beat the *******s, we?re going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We?re going to murder those lousy Hibbie *******s by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. The Hibs are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood. Shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.

Now there?s another thing I want you to remember. I don?t want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We?re not holding anything. Let the Hibs do that. We are advancing constantly and we?re not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose.

There?s one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home. And you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you?re sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what did you do in the great Edinburgh derby, you won?t have to say, "Well, I shoveled **** in Gorgie Road."

Alright now, you sons-of-bitches, you know how I feel. Oh, and I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle ? anytime, anywhere.

That?s all.

Ruffles and Flourishes? ????. Be seated.

Now, I want you to remember that no ******* ever won a match by dying for his club. He won it by making the other poor dumb ******* die for his club.

Ah Patton. Brilliant general but a total ****** of a human being.

I want Shabba just to look each player in the eye and tell them that if they don't know what to do when their playing Hibs, don't know what it means in the stands, then they have no right to call themselves footballers. End of. Fact

I want Shabba just to look each player in the eye and tell them that if they don't know what to do when their playing Hibs, don't know what it means in the stands, then they have no right to call themselves footballers. End of. Fact

We should just bring Gary MacKay and John Robertson into the dressing room - that would do the trick!

Say What Again
When you were kids, growing up on the streets of Kaunas, you all admired Willie Bauld, Dave McKay, John Robertson.

:rolleyes:;)

We should just bring Gary MacKay and John Robertson into the dressing room - that would do the trick!

Or ask if we can borrow Jim Jeffries for 15 minutes.

One question, though, did manage to elude FUFA's sieve. Csaba was asked about that infamous 2004 UEFA Cup duel between Hungary's Ferencvárosi TC and Scottish outfit Hearts where the Hungarian-German not only had an altercation with his opposite number John Robertson, but bellowed to his charges to "break their (Hearts players') legs."

I think he's got it covered...

jamboinglasgow

this speech is all that is needed.

"In every fight its the guy who willing to die that wins"

"look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes, now I think you will see a guy who will go that inch with you, you will see a guy who will sacrifice himself for the team because he knows you will do the same."

"That is football guys, that is all it is. Now what are you going to do?"

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

If you read Carlo d'Este's biography, 'Patton: A Genius for War it' might change your opinion of him.

"look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes, now I think you will see a guy who will go that inch with you, you will see a guy who will sacrifice himself for the team because he knows you will do the same."

Watched this film the other day for inspiration.

This is what John Hughes actually plays to his players before big matches.

Fact.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm sure a certain S.Pressley used that for an important game once upon a time. :eek:

I'm sure a certain S.Pressley used that for an important game once upon a time. :eek:

They should use Emilio Estevez' speech in The Mighty Ducks.

That got me punching the air.

Buffalo Bill

jamboinglasgow

didn't we end up winning 4-0 in the biggest derby of all time after playing that speech.

Destruction Derby

I said this on a thread a few weeks ago but i will repeat it. I would not say anything.

I would let Hector Nicol do all that talking.

AWAY UP IN GORGIE ..........................

Ruffles and Flourishes’ …………. Be seated.

Now, I want you to remember that no ******* ever won a match by dying for his club. He won it by making the other poor dumb ******* die for his club. Men, all this stuff you’ve heard about Hearts players not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of this derby, is a lot of horse dung. Hearts players traditionally love to fight. All real Hearts players love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired Willie Bauld, Dave McKay, John Robertson. Hearts supporters love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Heart of Midlothian play to win all the time. I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That’s why Hearts have won two Scottish Cups in 10 years and Hibs have not won it since 1902. That's why we have an incredible record in derbies. Because the very thought of losing derbies is hateful to Heart of Midlothian FC.

Now, Heart of Midlothian FC is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious *******s who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Edinburgh Evening News don’t know anything more about real football than they do about fornicating.

We have the finest supporters, the best spirit and the best men in the world. You know, by God I actually pity those poor *******s we’re going up against. By God, I do. We’re not just going to beat the *******s, we’re going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We’re going to murder those lousy Hibbie *******s by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. The Hibs are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood. Shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.

Now there’s another thing I want you to remember. I don’t want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We’re not holding anything. Let the Hibs do that. We are advancing constantly and we’re not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose.

There’s one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home. And you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you’re sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what did you do in the great Edinburgh derby, you won’t have to say, "Well, I shoveled **** in Gorgie Road."

Alright now, you sons-of-bitches, you know how I feel. Oh, and I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle – anytime, anywhere.

That’s all.

I think that could possibly be the best speech ever with Csaba's accent!!:P

Guest Fabuloso

Why don't we get Mad Vlad over for the pre-match talk. He could tell the players they'll all be sold if they fail to beat Hibs. That should work fine.

Why don't we get Mad Vlad over for the pre-match talk. He could tell the players they'll all be sold if they fail to beat Hibs. That should work fine.

Im sure he said that before a match v Dunfermline a few years back. All would be sold if we didnt win! And I dont think we won.

Archived