How would Romanov be remembered ?

Sydney from Sydney

Sydney from Sydney

After reading the sad news about the passing of the Dundee Utd chairman, it made me think how our fearless leader would be remembered if he suddenly fell off his perch.

Anyone ??

As the owner who saved us, then ripped the soul from us.

Of course that could change only he has the power to change how we remember him by.

Tyrant?

Saviour?

Hero?

Idiot?

Hated?

Or the man who killed our club?

For eight weeks in the early autumn of 2005 and for about five weeks in the spring of 2006 he made it a wonderful time to be a Hearts fan.

The rest was a great big let-down.

Buffalo Bill

Geoff Kilpatrick

Depends. If he left the club "safe", i.e. his death would lead to some sort of debt write-off etc., then he could be remembered as our greatest owner since Elias Furst.

Guest jambomickey
For eight weeks in the early autumn of 2005 and for about five weeks in the spring of 2006 he made it a wonderful time to be a Hearts fan.

The rest was a great big let-down.

Buffalo Bill

would agree with that!

After reading the sad news about the passing of the Dundee Utd chairman, it made me think how our fearless leader would be remembered if he suddenly fell off his perch.

Anyone ??

henry kissinger-esque diplomatic abilities.

pass me another tablet please matron.

Anyone ??

As the man who killed Heart of Midlothian.

I hope that he will be remembered for the Cup win and for passing on the club and Tynecastle stadium (together) to new owners with the club in good financial shape.

I hope that he will be remembered for the Cup win and for passing on the club and Tynecastle stadium (together) to new owners with the club in good financial shape.

That's How I WANT him to be remembered...:)

How he'll actually be rememberd by me,If he went just now...I won't print it!! :mad:

Miller Jambo 60

Killed Heart of Midlothian.

Bit OTT mate.

Right enough winning the big cup in 06 .

Mind you my head is in the sand.

Killed Heart of Midlothian.

Bit OTT mate.

Right enough winning the big cup in 06 .

Mind you my head is in the sand.

Did the Pieman not win it in '98??Were you happy with the way that Fat bassa ran our Club??? :mad:

You Said it!! :P

Did the Pieman not win it in '98??Were you happy with the way that Fat bassa ran our Club??? :mad:

I think Leslie Deans was chairman in 98.

Only as the owner that got Robinson out and gave us 1 good season and treating our players and coaches/managers like dirt!

As the man who kept Hearts at Tynecastle. It may be irrelevant to others but it meant everything to me, and still does. I don't know why, it just does.

As the owner who saved us, then ripped the soul from us.

Of course that could change only he has the power to change how we remember him by.

Tyrant?

Saviour?

Hero?

Idiot?

Hated?

Or the man who killed our club?

What about bringing us the european cup in 2015.

I'll get me coat.

peebles jambo

hopefully not, but being a fa**y and letting his ego ruin what could have been under burley

Mostly as an egomaniac who thinks he's some sort of football genius but is actually pretty clueless. Hard to work for, unpopular, unpredictable and egotistical would all spring to work.

hopefully not, but being a fa**y and letting his ego ruin what could have been under burley

What happened with him and Burley?

Miller Jambo 60

True mate .

I dislike Chris for the fact i spoke to him and he blanked me.

Nobody blanks me.

As the man who kept Hearts at Tynecastle. It may be irrelevant to others but it meant everything to me, and still does. I don't know why, it just does.

For an extra couple of years!

Stay of execution and a painful death.

Miller Jambo 60
What happened with him and Burley?

Did George no pump vlads niece while being pashed.

Who cares.

My worry is sunday my game , my team.

As for ROBINSON SNOB

Romanov or not, someone would've taken the club from Robinson. Dundee Utd and Dunfermline were approached long before Romanov came to Hearts, they thought about it and decided it would be a bad move if he came to their clubs. I wonder why!?

Miller Jambo 60
Romanov or not, someone would've taken the club from Robinson. Dundee Utd and Dunfermline were approached long before Romanov came to Hearts, they thought about it and decided it would be a bad move if he came to their clubs. I wonder why!?

Have a word mate we are SPL Dunfy are 1St Division.

UTD are below us .

Your point.

Robinson was an arrogant to55er and should've asked others to make an approach regarding the takeover. One thing he did give us was managers' that cared about our club except Tommy McLean but he got shot of him after realising his mistake and brought in Jim Jeffries then Craig Levein. At least we had teams worth watching instead of a cattle market for 1st division quality Lithuanian players, that was Romanov's plan. Bring them over, sell for a profit, good idea if they were of sufficient quality, most of them aren't!

Have a word mate we are SPL Dunfy are 1St Division.

UTD are below us .

Your point.

The point is, they were approached, then told him where to go, if they thought he was going to do them any good, they would've sold out to him. They might not be much better now than they were then but, how much worse could they have been if he did take them over, looking at how bad we've been since 2006? Didn't Utd finnish above us last season? How many times have Utd put 3 or 4 goals past us in the last 2 years?

Miller Jambo 60
The point is, they were approached, then told him where to go, if they thought he was going to do them any good, they would've sold out to him. They might not be much better now than they were then but, how much worse could they have been if he did take them over, looking at how bad we've been since 2006? Didn't Utd finnish above us last season? How many times have Utd put 3 or 4 goals past us in the last 2 years?

SOLD and Dumfermline have money.

Must have missed something.

As for UTD Eddie is gone but will live for Scotland.

Ever been to 1st Division games mate.

Or a GLORY HUNTER.

Had to be said.

They probably didn't fancy a wee shot at the Champions League or another Scottish cup win.

It's not just you. That one single act meant that for two and a half years I would stick my fingers in my ears and go "La la la la la, not listening" whenever someone would try and point out his failings.

Now I agree with Le Chat, the mans a feckin mentalist.

Thig Ar Latha

Who knows what the future holds. However, if his clogs go missing anytime soon, HMFC would be stuck in Lochend Loch (is there one? its years since I stayed in Auld Reekie) in a leaky canoe without a paddle.

There will always be a hearts, we're to big to go under, somone will always come in and save us. It just happens it was mad vlad that saved us that time.

What annoys me is the mad man himself has shown everyone what we are capable of in in that first season with burley in charge. Yet we've been struggling like a mofo for the last 2 years.

If only we had an owner with money that wasn't a complete nutjob.

It's difficult to tell, if Hearts are left in a stable position and still resident at Tynecastle, I think Romanov's time will probably be reflected on with fondness.

I suppose a good comparison might be Ivan Golac's tenure at Dundee United. He is now remembered by United fans as the man who delivered their only Scottish cup in 1994, not as the man who got them relegated the very next season.

To me, he'd be remebered as a jekyll and hyde character. Loved him at times and hated him at times. Obviously kept us at tynie and gave us our best season for a long long time. But his general attitude and ramblings have infuriated me also. He's a sound w4nker

Guest Fabuloso
It's difficult to tell, if Hearts are left in a stable position and still resident at Tynecastle, I think Romanov's time will probably be reflected on with fondness.

I suppose a good comparison might be Ivan Golac's tenure at Dundee United. He is now remembered by United fans as the man who delivered their only Scottish cup in 1994, not as the man who got them relegated the very next season.

Hilarious.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Hilarious.

Read the "if" clause before the part you highlighted.

"If" that was true, the three major achievements of his reign would be: -

- Delivering a major trophy

- Delivering a Champions League qualifying spot

- Delivering an HMFC in better financial shape

In the grand scheme of things, that would outweigh the rest of the pantomime show.

Guest Fabuloso
Read the "if" clause before the part you highlighted.

"If" that was true, the three major achievements of his reign would be: -

- Delivering a major trophy

- Delivering a Champions League qualifying spot

- Delivering an HMFC in better financial shape

In the grand scheme of things, that would outweigh the rest of the pantomime show.

Yup - you're spot on there. He'd have done a cracking job. Wake up loser.

They probably didn't fancy a wee shot at the Champions League or another Scottish cup win.

Ok, fair comment but....where are we now? group stages? league champions? Maybe finnishing 8th and losing to pash teams suits you but not for most of us! Not forgetting all the decent players we've lost.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Yup - you're spot on there. He'd have done a cracking job. Wake up loser.

0818 in the morning here in Melbourne. Sadly I am wide awake.

Care to answer the point now?

Archived