Berra "For Sale" - Again

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov may cash in on club captain Christophe Berra by selling the defender next year. (Daily Express)

As per usual. Big game on sunday and the usual crap begins coming from the rags. Tomorow is administration day again? Or is that next week?

chester copperpot
Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov may cash in on club captain Christophe Berra by selling the defender next year. (Daily Express)

As per usual. Big game on sunday and the usual crap begins coming from the rags. Tomorow is administration day again? Or is that next week?

Easy solution, stop buying these rags.

I stopped buying them about 5 years ago, was glad I did as they're just full of **** made up by their rather pish poor journalists.

Basically bull**** because of the game on Sunday, as you rightly say.

Jeez you could say the same about any player in the SPL that their club MAY sell them next year.

The Express has been wrong on almost all it's conjecture about Hearts for years. They must have about the worst set of journalist in Scotland (and that's saying something). My god Chick Young writes for this arse-wipe of a paper.

they have to print something so in the event of having nothing to print, they make up something. if they're of a mind to print something which is 'believeable', who better than hearts to write to about? people will believe anything about hearts or romanov.

it will be on the EEN later, some daft hobo will quote it as a fact... sorry FACT.

All the 'agony aunt' letters are made up as well.

And there's no way Justin Topper can read my destiny going by the fact I'm a Virgo.

Buffalo Bill

Of course he is for sale - any player at Hearts worth something is

The question is, would he now be for sale at the ?1.5m Wolves allegedly offered for him or his Vlad still hanging out for ?2m / ?2.5m

Seymour M Hersh
Of course he is for sale - any player at Hearts worth something is

The question is, would he now be for sale at the ?1.5m Wolves allegedly offered for him or his Vlad still hanging out for ?2m / ?2.5m

Absolutely. All players are technically for sale just some are going to cost the purchasers an awful lot more than others. However as the transfer window doesn't open for 2.5 months you have to wonder why the hack felt the need to write this week?

Guest JamboRobbo

What effect do you think this will have on sundays game?

Great Headline,

I believe there front page lead with 'Bear *****s in woods'.

FWIW, I'd bite any clubs hand off if we got 1.5-2 million for Berra.

IMO of course.

Absolutely. All players are technically for sale just some are going to cost the purchasers an awful lot more than others. However as the transfer window doesn't open for 2.5 months you have to wonder why the hack felt the need to write this week?

True - I guess where space had been set aside to report our administration they need to fill it with something! :rolleyes:

Sexton Hardcastle
What effect do you think this will have on sundays game?

To be honest i dont know. The players/Club must be used to it by now. Ever since we began to become a "force" (those days seem to have gone) we were targeted by the usual tabloids to create some unrest in the camp. But im sure being professionals and all that they should know how to deal with it.

If anything, and the story had some truth in it then im sure Berra would look to play a blinder to add some value on his head and become targeted by some top clubs. Its hard to know if these stories actually effect players. Is certainly has effected us as a club over the past few seasons.

Job well done for them i suppose.

gorgie rd eh11
Easy solution, stop buying these rags.

I stopped buying them about 5 years ago, was glad I did as they're just full of **** made up by their rather pish poor journalists.

:dito:

if and when berra is sold, all the money will be smuggled out of the country in a big bergen worn by pedro lopez.... we wont see one red penny.

that's true that is... a hobo told me.

Generic Username

Don't buy the paper, simple solution.

You can always go on a strict diet of just news and information directly from the official website for a while. You'll see the world in full glorious technicolour again in no time.

Sexton Hardcastle

Just to clarify. I dont and didnt buy the rag. It was on the beeb. As others have said itl appear in the EEN at around 11.30.

Generic Username
Just to clarify. I dont and didnt buy the rag. It was on the beeb. As others have said itl appear in the EEN at around 11.30.

With Baz Anderson claiming it as an "EXCLUSIVE" no doubt.

To be honest i dont know. The players/Club must be used to it by now. Ever since we began to become a "force" (those days seem to have gone) we were targeted by the usual tabloids to create some unrest in the camp. But im sure being professionals and all that they should know how to deal with it.

If anything, and the story had some truth in it then im sure Berra would look to play a blinder to add some value on his head and become targeted by some top clubs. Its hard to know if these stories actually effect players. Is certainly has effected us as a club over the past few seasons.

Job well done for them i suppose.

There are transfer stories in the papers and on websites etc every day of the week.

The idea that the tabloids or other papers are trying to unsettle a particular club is fanciful.

jamboinglasgow
All the 'agony aunt' letters are made up as well.

And there's no way Justin Topper can read my destiny going by the fact I'm a Virgo.

Buffalo Bill

I think the Daily Record agony aunt's section must be made up. Once read it and had a story about a guy who was worried that he had cheatd on his girlfriend. Fair enough, happens all the time, but he tells the story and like it is a normal occurance he says he cheated on his girlfriend with his cousin.:eek::eek:

He was not concerened he slept with his cousin, only he was worried about cheating on his girlfriend.

I think the Daily Record agony aunt's section must be made up. Once read it and had a story about a guy who was worried that he had cheatd on his girlfriend. Fair enough, happens all the time, but he tells the story and like it is a normal occurance he says he cheated on his girlfriend with his cousin.:eek::eek:

He was not concerened he slept with his cousin, only he was worried about cheating on his girlfriend.

How do you that is made up. The boy could have been a dirty hibee.

Wait it is - for it to have been a hibee it would have been his sister.

How do you that is made up. The boy could have been a dirty hibee.

Wait it is - for it to have been a hibee it would have been his sister.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Meatloaf.

Buffalo Bill

Fozzyonthefence
Don't buy the paper, simple solution.

You can always go on a strict diet of just news and information directly from the official website for a while. You'll see the world in full glorious technicolour again in no time.

Would that be just like Big Brother (as in the the book "1984", not the reality show)?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The Herald today has an interview with Gary MacKay, and he talks about when he went over to see VR in Lithuania a few years back. He says Romanov had a bit of paper with Christophe Berra and Lee Wallace's names on it (GM represents both these players.) GM says that VR wrote "2009" next to CB and "2011" next to LW as the years they would be at the "top of their game and worth the most money". So he could be trying to punt CB next summer!

Guest S.U.S.S.

Yeah, cos the Express hates us!

Conspiracy everywhere!

Fozzyonthefence

Didn't you know it is legal to marry a cousin?

Is it possible that Hearts would circulate the names of players who are likely to be available for sale in the January window?

After all there was the transfer window where Hearts publicly put up the list of players that they wanted to move on.

Berra away for ?1.5 Million

Kingston away for the same amount?

?3 Million for 2 average players...That's the way we should look at it.

Berra away for ?1.5 Million

Kingston away for the same amount?

?3 Million for 2 average players...That's the way we should look at it.

Two very good players in my opinion. Berra just needs to learn to be more vocal and aggressive. Kingston needs to take a leaf out of Miko's book, get off his erse and work harder!

Archived