Fuel leak - Kinda urgent, hence the Terrace too

Cigaro

I have a leak on the rubber filler neck pipe thing on my car. (Section from the cap to the corrugated pipe).

Its not huge, and only really happens if its squeezed.

I have to drive to Selkirk tomorrow, would it be ok to temporarily duct tape it up?

I know its a crappy question, but I think I need to know.

I have no luck with cars.

New exhaust last week: ?80

Brake pad yesterday: ?67

Now a fuel and oil leak.

Yeah, the rubber pipe between the petrol cap and the tank basically. Runs in front of the rear O/S wheel (Punto mk1)

Just thinking of taping it until I can get it fixed. Need the part ordered you see.

Aye, tape it up, watch yer fuel gauge though, but try and get that thick tape that the plumbers use, as the fuel will take the "stickiness" away in no time.

Don`t sound like a major problem TBH. If you have a spare fuel can, fill it, whack it in the boot.

Don`t corner too hard though. That centrifugal force can be nippy.

Aye, tape it up, watch yer fuel gauge though, but try and get that thick tape that the plumbers use, as the fuel will take the "stickiness" away in no time.

Don`t sound like a major problem TBH. If you have a spare fuel can, fill it, whack it in the boot.

Don`t corner too hard though. That centrifugal force can be nippy.

Was just going to use duct tape as I'm out early tomorrow.

Just needed to know I woudnt break the thing even more.

Try and get it fixed in the next few weeks. Was quoted ?130 inc labour for it. Part has to come from Fiat and they have upgraded the parts:(

Cheers mate. Fountain of info.:biggrin::thumb:

Here to help. The reptile.

As an aside, you could wrap a small tea-towel round it, cut to suit of course, then tape the hell over it. That would pretty much do it. :)

Try and get it fixed in the next few weeks. Was quoted ?130 inc labour for it. Part has to come from Fiat and they have upgraded the parts:(

?130 :eek: If you can take it to G&M Autos in Inverkeithing[at the park and ride] 500 yards from the bridge.He'll probably do it for ?30....ask for Stuart.

Be careful with Duct - Tape it has the tendency to melt when coming in contact with hot liquids....

I'd try and use plumbers tape if it is at all possible to get hold of it.

Yeah, the rubber pipe between the petrol cap and the tank basically. Runs in front of the rear O/S wheel (Punto mk1)

Just thinking of taping it until I can get it fixed. Need the part ordered you see.

I would more concerned that you drive a Fiat Punto - ladies car. :P

Says the driver of a grey fiat punto :(

Jambof3tornado
Be careful with Duct - Tape it has the tendency to melt when coming in contact with hot liquids....

I'd try and use plumbers tape if it is at all possible to get hold of it.

If the fuel is hot enough to melt the duct tape,methinks he has bigger problems than a little leak!!!;)

just dont fill the fuel up past the part with the hole in it. it wont create any pressure so wont leak.

Indeed, and don't use a lighter to help check if you have over-filled it...

FIAT

F ix I t A gain T omorrow

get rid of it and buy an austin alegro.......:rolleyes:

Archived