JOHN E. MACK, M.D.

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

?The alien encounter experience seems almost like an outreach program from the cosmos to the consciously impaired.?;)

What if the alien encounter phenomenon were subtle in the sense that it may manifest in the physical world but derives from a source which by its very nature could not provide the kind of hard evidence that would satisfy sceptics for whom reality is limited to the material?;) What if we were to acknowledge that the phenomenon is beyond our present framework of knowledge?;)

Might not such an attitude of humility become, paradoxically, a way to enlarge upon what could then be learned? Is it possible that adopting an open attitude toward the testimony of witnesses could enable us to learn of unseen realities now obscured by our too limited epistemology, allowing us to rediscover the sacred and the divinity in nature and in ourselves?

I think of these experiences as a crossing over between the material world and what in Eastern philosophy is called the subtle realm. Like a reified ?mystic's journey,? experiences describe being brought into another dimension of reality from which a new perspective on life on Earth is possible. Sensitivity to our dysfunctional ecological and social conditions emerges as many come to feel that every living system is connected to what many call ?Source,?;) or ?Home.? An awareness of this relationship must be regained, they say, if we are to create a sustainable, peaceful world.

Having listened to the similar testimony of more than 200 experiences from the West and from indigenous cultures, I have come to feel that the phenomenon is of great importance to our evolution, regardless of its ontological status.;)

-JOHN E. MACK, M.D.

Now there was a man who was greatly respected and admired in his field , a leading professor of psychiatry at Hardvor university in America, he indeed approached this subject with great scepticism but after accepting a couple of cases to study on people that claimed to have been abducted by aliens/unknown enties he profoundly changed his view after taking on and investigating more similar cases, if this very learned man in the field of psychology who covered every thing in this field from hallucinations to major psychological trauma is to be listened to and taken seriously then it is damning evidence in the reality of non human abductions,i have read one of his books and the difference he explains between hallucinations , dreams and temple lob epilepsy(main cause of hallucinations) are like night and day in quite a few of his cases he came to the conclusions that people were describing REAL EVENTS and not hallucinations or have mental health problems , i do strongly recommend his books on the subject for anyone who is interested or wants real answers .:cool:

maroonlegions
What that boy needs is a girlfriend.

wife and three kids mate and loving my life , whats that you would like the link to read more about him/cases he took so you can reply with a more sensible approach and not reply sounding like a comedian, could do :rolleyes:but just in case i will my good man.;)

?The alien encounter experience seems almost like an outreach program from the cosmos to the consciously impaired.?;)

What if the alien encounter phenomenon were subtle in the sense that it may manifest in the physical world but derives from a source which by its very nature could not provide the kind of hard evidence that would satisfy sceptics for whom reality is limited to the material?;) What if we were to acknowledge that the phenomenon is beyond our present framework of knowledge?;)

Might not such an attitude of humility become, paradoxically, a way to enlarge upon what could then be learned? Is it possible that adopting an open attitude toward the testimony of witnesses could enable us to learn of unseen realities now obscured by our too limited epistemology, allowing us to rediscover the sacred and the divinity in nature and in ourselves?

I think of these experiences as a crossing over between the material world and what in Eastern philosophy is called the subtle realm. Like a reified ?mystic's journey,? experiences describe being brought into another dimension of reality from which a new perspective on life on Earth is possible. Sensitivity to our dysfunctional ecological and social conditions emerges as many come to feel that every living system is connected to what many call ?Source,?;) or ?Home.? An awareness of this relationship must be regained, they say, if we are to create a sustainable, peaceful world.

Having listened to the similar testimony of more than 200 experiences from the West and from indigenous cultures, I have come to feel that the phenomenon is of great importance to our evolution, regardless of its ontological status.;)

-JOHN E. MACK, M.D.

Now there was a man who was greatly respected and admired in his field , a leading professor of psychiatry at Hardvor university in America, he indeed approached this subject with great scepticism but after accepting a couple of cases to study on people that claimed to have been abducted by aliens/unknown enties he profoundly changed his view after taking on and investigating more similar cases, if this very learned man in the field of psychology who covered every thing in this field from hallucinations to major psychological trauma is to be listened to and taken seriously then it is damning evidence in the reality of non human abductions,i have read one of his books and the difference he explains between hallucinations , dreams and temple lob epilepsy(main cause of hallucinations) are like night and day in quite a few of his cases he came to the conclusions that people were describing REAL EVENTS and not hallucinations or have mental health problems , i do strongly recommend his books on the subject for anyone who is interested or wants real answers .:cool:

Do you mean John Edward Mack, M.D. (4 October 1929 ? 27 September 2004) was an American psychiatrist, and Professor at the Harvard University School of Medicine.

source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_E._Mack

maroonlegions
Do you mean John Edward Mack, M.D. (4 October 1929 ? 27 September 2004) was an American psychiatrist, and Professor at the Harvard University School of Medicine.

source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_E._Mack

Harvard University:whistling::embarassed: i do indeed , at least i got the University bit right , fecking spell check:rolleyes:, would have loved to have had a talk with him after a few beers on WHY he came to his conclusions (his book i read did just that)but there is always more i would have loved to ask him.:sad:

Archived