DON MURRAY

Miller Jambo 60

If its the guy i remember you are correct

Its the big guy with blonde hair,worst defender ever in a Hearts jersey:eek:

jambos are go!

Experienced defender (Scotland under 23 Cap?)who did a good job for us in steadying a dodgy defence IMO. Nice bloke when I met him. Came from Cardiff and went to Newport County bcause his family were homesick.

Crawford Boyd another blond Centre Back from QOTS was not as good.

Thig Ar Latha
remember him doin stanton in his first new years day game hard man but very very slow

One game against Rangers he went right through Tam Forsyth, Rangers Physio was on the pitch for over five minutes putting his leg back together again.

Don't know if he was Welsh, but he was signed from Cardiff. Not the most mobile of players, but helped steady a very rocky defence.

Dougie Masterton

If i remember correctly he scored an o.g. against the Rangers on his debut. In fact i think the other goal was an o.g. as well. Arthur Thomson?

Crawford Boyd another blond Centre Back from QOTS was not as good.

CB tops my list of worst-ever Hearts players. Or at least he did until two or three years ago...

jimbojumbojambo

I believe he was originally from up Inverness way but spent almost all of his career in Wales.

Seemed a good signing at first but he soon dispelled that notion.

Better than Crawford Boyd right enough.

Doctor FinnBarr
If i remember correctly he scored an o.g. against the Rangers on his debut. In fact i think the other goal was an o.g. as well. Arthur Thomson?

Alan Anderson.

:)

An absolute brute of a centre half!

I'm sure he was the only ch who got the better of the "Buzzbomb" when Drew was at Airdrie?

Doctor FinnBarr

I'm sure he was the only ch who got the better of the "Buzzbomb" when Drew was at Airdrie?

Don't remember Airdrie ever playing Cardiff.:107years:

Sorry if i'm mistaken. Just remember him coming up against a hard centre forward of Airdrie and getting the better of him.

Doctor FinnBarr

Buzz was already at Tynie before DM turned up by quite a few seasons!

:P

Oops, quoted myself instead of tinydancer.

Yip..he certainly was brutal:)

The White Cockade

From what I can remember they both joined in the same season - somewhere about 1973

I think Buzz was first here by a few months

Doctor FinnBarr
From what I can remember they both joined in the same season - somewhere about 1973

I think Buzz was first here by a few months

Certain DM signed in 1975 just as the old PL started.

:)

Slow old fashioned british centre half.He went out for a few beers with alan anderson,he did not realise the scottish beer was stronger than the stuff down south,blue flashing lights!

He was charged under his full name something like donald mackenzie macdonald murray,so it was not picked up by the press..any one in doubt ask AA.

The White Cockade

You're right

Looked it up

Buzzbomb joined Aug 1973

Murray in Dec 1974

Clunie, Cruikie, Ford, Cant, Anderson, Hegarty, Kinnear, Townsend etc etc

doesn't seem that long ago but its 35 years

i'm getting old..........

I seem to recall a game where someone was injured but we had used our subs, so he had to hobble around up front for the rest of the game, was that Don Murray? Any idea when that was, I was just a nipper, but its funny what you remember.

I seem to recall a game where someone was injured but we had used our subs, so he had to hobble around up front for the rest of the game, was that Don Murray? Any idea when that was, I was just a nipper, but its funny what you remember.

You're right it was DM, think he ended up "playing" - and I use the word in its loosest sense - on the right wing.

Absolute cart horse.

Glamorgan Jambo

He came to Hearts when he was past his best (a bit of a bluebirds legend for his role in some of their ECWC campaigns). I totally agree he was slow but pretty hard.

He can be found most days in a pub called the Merry Harrier between Penarth and Cardiff. Its just down the road from the hospital where my kids were born and I did have a long chat about his Hearts career one afternoon/early evening after a long night/morning/day in the maternity ward.

He was as you'd expect a totally top guy and we talked a lot about a Hearts - Dundee cup tie round about 1976.

Archived