Yahoo Mail. Anyone with an account or techy?

go on then

Since yesterday afternoon, my yahoo mail address has been loading real slow. All other sites are fine. It has been like this for about 16 hours or so. I even tried the Yahoo 'live' technical support. They got me to try several things, none of which worked. I can sign into it. It's just that the pages take an age to load. They are not aware of any server problems their end, so they say. I cannot see how this would suddenly happen, and I DOUBT that it has anything to do with my pc, since all other sites, including KB are working fine.

Any suggestions, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Ive been having exactly the same problem for over a week now. Ive performed all kinds of tasks and nothing is working. Ive no problems whatsoever with any other sites and I can still get my mail using Thunderbird. It usually happens from the hours of 6(ish)PM to around 11PM, but today nothing.

Ive e-mailed them again to tell them to get it fixed pronto. Ive performed checks for spyware, viruses et al, and I seem to be clean but if it were a problem of that nature, other sites would be affected too, which they are not.

Ive no idea what the problem is and I cant get a hold of my techy mate to see if there is anything else to be done. If I do, i'll post here again!

Thanks mate.

Thing is, the tech guys accessed my e mail account my end, and it loaded for them in seconds, for me, it can take ten mins per page, ONLY effecting Yahoo. Yet they tested it their end, and told me that it is okay.

Confused.com

Thanks mate.

Thing is, the tech guys accessed my e mail account my end, and it loaded for them in seconds, for me, it can take ten mins per page, ONLY effecting Yahoo. Yet they tested it their end, and told me that it is okay.

Confused.com

They said they "did" the same with mine. They also said that it "must" be a problem at my end. I then had to give them details eg Service Pack, Browser etc yet it still didnt work. I e-mailed back saying its still happening and lo and behold, they have had to perform "essential maintenance" on my account. Even then, its still not working.

Ive had a wee look around the net and it seems there are plenty people with Yahoo having the same prob and they cant seem to get a resolution either.

It seriously peein me off. As good as Thunderbird is, I dont fancy having to use it all the time to get my mail.

They said they "did" the same with mine. They also said that it "must" be a problem at my end. I then had to give them details eg Service Pack, Browser etc yet it still didnt work. I e-mailed back saying its still happening and lo and behold, they have had to perform "essential maintenance" on my account. Even then, its still not working.

Ive had a wee look around the net and it seems there are plenty people with Yahoo having the same prob and they cant seem to get a resolution either.

It seriously peein me off. As good as Thunderbird is, I dont fancy having to use it all the time to get my mail.

Sorry to hear that mate. I sorted mine. By myself. And I am like a PC ******.

Hope you can get some help with yours.

Sorry to hear that mate. I sorted mine. By myself. And I am like a PC ******.

Hope you can get some help with yours.

What did you do to fix it, in case it something ive missed?

Sorry for double post. Its now working again like it has done in the past week.

Im betting it will stop in the next hour or two!

What did you do to fix it, in case it something ive missed?

Basically, some sort of box got fitted yesterday, and after that my Yahoo mail, and ONLY my Yahoo mail started playing up. I insisted, using logic, and not PC experience, that it must be something to do with the box. My g/f insisted it couldn't be. We disconnected the box, and put things back the way they were. I was right! She was wrong, and has now gone away in a wee huff!!!!

:P

Its still not working. Worked for a total of ten minutes yesterday!

Anybody more techy minded able to help here as Yahoo seem useless!

My Yahoo is toast at the moment anaw! WTF?

Who is your broadband provider in case its something to do with that?

Its still not working. Worked for a total of ten minutes yesterday!

Anybody more techy minded able to help here as Yahoo seem useless!

Have you tried uninstalling IE and then reinstalling it? Have you tried disabling all your anti virus stuff, and then reinstalling? Sometimes these things can help.

Have you tried uninstalling IE and then reinstalling it? Have you tried disabling all your anti virus stuff, and then reinstalling? Sometimes these things can help.

Done it all.

Ive taken off my Firewall, Spyware, Antivirus.

Ive uninstalled Java and reinstalled.

Ive uninstalled/reinstalled my browsers (Firefox, IE, Opera, Chrome)

Ive disabled all my Firefox add ons.

Ive cleared out all cookies, spyware and checked for viruses.

I have no problems anywhere else but my Yahoo account. I can still access my e-mail using Thunderbird but cant use the net to get to my mail.

Its really getting on my nerves (and thats me being nice).

its just Yahoo, not your PC, mine has been on & off the last few days. just keep reloading it.

its just Yahoo, not your PC, mine has been on & off the last few days. just keep reloading it.

I knew it wasnt my PC. :mad:

But Yahoo have been insistent that it is my machine that is at fault. Now I know im not a PC genius but ive enough savvy to work out stuff for myself and ive been taught well by my PC geek flatmate!

When you say keep reloading it, do you mean keep hitting F5 to reload or keep coming out to the log in page again?

I P Knightley

Same

I got an onscreen message from them apologising for the problems.

Same

I got an onscreen message from them apologising for the problems.

Do they actually know what the problems are?:rolleyes:

Try switching back to Yahoo Classic Mail! Think the new beta version must be housed on a slower/more heavily used server or summit techie like that !!

Try switching back to Yahoo Classic Mail! Think the new beta version must be housed on a slower/more heavily used server or summit techie like that !!

If I could even get onto my page to do that, I might!

Johanes de Silentio
Who is your broadband provider in case its something to do with that?

BT internet - maybe that say it all? My P.C. is ****e, tho, mind!

Actually, I've just reloaded/restarted the whole thing, and it seems to be ok...for now!

Anyway...off to the jugs thread - see you there!

When you say keep reloading it, do you mean keep hitting F5 to reload or keep coming out to the log in page again?

shut the tab and reload it.

Done it all.

Ive taken off my Firewall, Spyware, Antivirus.

Ive uninstalled Java and reinstalled.

Ive uninstalled/reinstalled my browsers (Firefox, IE, Opera, Chrome)

Ive disabled all my Firefox add ons.

Ive cleared out all cookies, spyware and checked for viruses.

I have no problems anywhere else but my Yahoo account. I can still access my e-mail using Thunderbird but cant use the net to get to my mail.

Its really getting on my nerves (and thats me being nice).

I am all out of ideas then mate. My problem was caused by a piece of hardware that I had attached to my pc. I unattached it, and it has worked fine since. So I am really at a loss. Have you tried using the Yahoo answers/questions facility? Someone there may help you.

The only other thing I can logically think of is that you perhaps opened an e mail on Yahoo at some point, and that this effected your Yahoo mail account only.

Sorry I cannot assist more.

According to a few people on Yahoo answers, it seems there is a problem with their servers and that its mostly affecting Virgin customers. Lets see if they actually do something...

According to a few people on Yahoo answers, it seems there is a problem with their servers and that its mostly affecting Virgin customers. Lets see if they actually do something...

Spoke to Virgin about this today - the fault is with Yahoo and it is nation wide and been going on for about three days. Their technical staff are apparently working on it and hope to have it fixed some time today

Spoke to Virgin about this today - the fault is with Yahoo and it is nation wide and been going on for about three days. Their technical staff are apparently working on it and hope to have it fixed some time today

Cheers. Seems Yahoo have it on a message when you phone them as well.

Its really getting on my nerves. Most seem to have had a problem for 3 to 4 days. Ive had mine for over a week.:(

TBH, its the first problem ive really had with them since I joined up over 10 years ago.

So.

Yahoo blame Virgin and Virgin blame Yahoo.:rolleyes:

Meantime, mine has been fine since I took that piece of hardware that I had on it back off again.

You would think if it is a Yahoo problem, they could put something on their main page.

It seems to be effecting some people and not others. People from the same city as well, and the same ISP, which makes it more odd.

So.

Yahoo blame Virgin and Virgin blame Yahoo.:rolleyes:

Meantime, mine has been fine since I took that piece of hardware that I had on it back off again.

You would think if it is a Yahoo problem, they could put something on their main page.

It seems to be effecting some people and not others. People from the same city as well, and the same ISP, which makes it more odd.

Thats not the case as Yahoo have an automated message on their hotline saying its their fault and are looking into the problem (see my previous post). They have also e-mailed a number of people admitting they are at fault.

Yahoo are well known for not informing their customers of problems with service and that is the reason it isnt on the front page.

Its pretty obvious its a Yahoo problem, as thats the only site that isnt working. Its not only people in Edinburgh either. If you look at Yahoo answers, there are people all over the UK with the same problem (and it seems its stretched to the US now as well).

Meantime, ive found a handy wee proxy that lets me look at my mail until they get it fixed.:)

Thats not the case as Yahoo have an automated message on their hotline saying its their fault and are looking into the problem (see my previous post). They have also e-mailed a number of people admitting they are at fault.

Yahoo are well known for not informing their customers of problems with service and that is the reason it isnt on the front page.

Its pretty obvious its a Yahoo problem, as thats the only site that isnt working. Its not only people in Edinburgh either. If you look at Yahoo answers, there are people all over the UK with the same problem (and it seems its stretched to the US now as well).

Meantime, ive found a handy wee proxy that lets me look at my mail until they get it fixed.:)

I didn't know Yahoo had a phone number. What is it? How come I can use mine then, do you think? This proxy link that you speak of, is it the one that when you use it is really basic? I think I know the one you mean.

There is something else you could try if you wanted to, and it is free to ask.

118 online do a free text message, ask them a question thing. I can find the link for you if you want it mate?

I didn't know Yahoo had a phone number. What is it? How come I can use mine then, do you think? This proxy link that you speak of, is it the one that when you use it is really basic? I think I know the one you mean.

There is something else you could try if you wanted to, and it is free to ask.

118 online do a free text message, ask them a question thing. I can find the link for you if you want it mate?

Number etc is in this link:

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/writeus/snailmail.html

Its a separate proxy, unrrelated to what type of mail you get from Yahoo.

Ive no idea how you can use your mail and others cant. I assume you are on Virgin too?

Im ok for the question as I can now get to my mail as long as I use the proxy.

Number etc is in this link:

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/writeus/snailmail.html

Its a separate proxy, unrrelated to what type of mail you get from Yahoo.

Ive no idea how you can use your mail and others cant. I assume you are on Virgin too?

Im ok for the question as I can now get to my mail as long as I use the proxy.

Yes. I use Virgin. I am not on a Virgin though. :P

Copied from Yahoo Answers

Yahoo are admitting there is a problem. Phone the UK Customer Services on 020 7131 1000 and press 1. The recorded message says there is a problem for Virgin and Tele-west customers with accessing yahoo mail. They are working on the problem and it is their top priority. They also say it will be resolved shortly.

Why don't they just put a message on their home page saying this!!!

(far too easy I suppose!)

In Internet Explorer - go to Tools menu - Internet Options - Connections - LAN Settings - Tick the box "Use proxy settings for your......." In the address box type in

webcache.virginmedia.com

and in the port settings type in

Close IE and open again - this works on my PC

It also works in Firefox too.

Copied from Yahoo Answers

It also works in Firefox too.

I must just be immune then, Chester. Unless it has something to do with classic/old version? I stuck with the old.

Archived