My Apologies!

jayjay

I was told by a good friend of mine from whom i receive lots of very accurate information from at the beginning of the week that Gary Glaen would be involved in the Game on sunday. He has confirmed to me the information he picked up was a mix up and it was about the reserve game yesterday.

I wish to post my apologies for this mix up so i am sorry.

As i have said he is a good friend who shall remain nameless as he will no doubt be giving me other peices of info of which may be an interest to us all.

So please accept my apologies and lets roar the boys to YET ANOTHER Derby victory on sunday. F.T.H JayJay

I was told by a good friend of mine from whom i receive lots of very accurate information from at the beginning of the week that Gary Glaen would be involved in the Game on sunday. He has confirmed to me the information he picked up was a mix up and it was about the reserve game yesterday.

As i have said he is a good friend who shall remain nameless as he will no doubt be giving me other peices of info of which may be an interest to us all.

So please accept my apologies and lets roar the boys to YET ANOTHER Derby victory on sunday. F.T.H JayJay

No worries, you've been right with most of your other bits of info.

Its better to come out and say youve made an error , you might get away with it once or twice but 3 strikes and your classed as a bull****er ;):)

Well at least you have come back and apologised. This does still highlight the problem here, in that people post things on here from suppsoe reliable sources, or simply make it up, or as in this case, a genuine mistake - but if it does not happen the usual suspects come on and moan about how the club lies to them.

Maybe you should also quit the board?

D Ya think so????????

Am a bit too thick skinned for that i think!!!!!! LOL

Guest JamboRobbo
Well at least you have come back and apologised. This does still highlight the problem here, in that people post things on here from suppsoe reliable sources, or simply make it up, or as in this case, a genuine mistake - but if it does not happen the usual suspects come on and moan about how the club lies to them.

And regardless of whether it actually happens or not, the usual suspects (e.g. yourself) come on and pre-emptively moan about what they imagine others might do or say in the future.

And regardless of whether it actually happens or not, the usual suspects (e.g. yourself) come on and pre-emptively moan about what they imagine others might do in the future.

Ouch

Guest JamboRobbo
Ouch

:smile: just saying it works both ways mate. IMO, we should all be free to express our opinions, however positive or negative they might be perceived to be. :P

Miller Jambo 60

You nasty person .

JOKE mate thanks for that.:107years::107years::107years::107years:

Hang your head in shame and annouce your withdrawal from this forum immediately,its the trendy thing to do.Then await severe pelters for being a blouse:p

Thanks for the update. Don't take this the wrong way but I'm glad you were wrong...I really didn't think Sunday was the right time to bringing him back into the team, for obvious reasons.

:)

Why would you want Glen to play? Reports of recent performances haven't exactly been glowing and it's a derby...not exactly the right sort of environment for youngster or any player's 'big break' for that matter.

Why would you want Glen to play? Reports of recent performances haven't exactly been glowing and it's a derby...not exactly the right sort of environment for youngster or any player's 'big break' for that matter.

I think that Ksnavicius is one of the worst players to have played for us this year. I would replace him with Glen who I think is one of our better strikers.

Glen has first team experience from last year.

Guest JamboRobbo

Never mind reports of recent performances. I've watched the recent performances of our other strikers. Hence why the sooner Glen gets his chance, the better IMO.

If a young player is good enough, he'll rise to it. If not, we're as well finding out sooner rather than later. From what I've seen of Glen, he has ability, and IMO, would rise to the occasion.

Being thrown in at the deep end at 17 due to us lacking other options didn't harm Gary Naysmith all that much.

chester copperpot
Never mind reports of recent performances. I've watched the recent performances of our other strikers. Hence why the sooner Glen gets his chance, the better IMO.

If a young player is good enough, he'll rise to it. If not, we're as well finding out sooner rather than later. From what I've seen of Glen, he has ability, and IMO, would rise to the occasion.

Being thrown in at the deep end at 17 due to us lacking other options didn't harm Gary Naysmith all that much.

spot on.

Would have GG over Ksanapish any time of the day.

What does it have to do with Ksanavicius though? Omitting him from the team wouldn't necessarily mean that Glen would get time on the pitch.

I understand why you might want to see him being given his chance soon, but not at a derby. Talk about a baptism of fire. The games he played in at the end of last season for us were a completely different kettle of fish.

I'd like to see him given a chance soon, but not at the expense of a derby, his sanity or the fans....or Mike Tullberg, for that matter.

:eek: So a guy who hasnt been playing well in the reserves deserves a chance because guys in the first team havent been playing well. :sad:

Naysmith had good and bad games at that age but its amazing how over the years that is forgotten.

If Glen is putting in a shift in the reserves he deserves a shot if he doesnt then tough if this happened to be a lithuanian youngester who was put in on Sunday having not played well for the reserves you would have had a fit.

He has potential he isnt showing it in the reserves.

What does it have to do with Ksanavicius though? Omitting him from the team wouldn't necessarily mean that Glen would get time on the pitch.

I understand why you might want to see him being given his chance soon, but not at a derby. Talk about a baptism of fire. The games he played in at the end of last season for us were a completely different kettle of fish.

I'd like to see him given a chance soon, but not at the expense of a derby, his sanity or the fans....or Mike Tullberg, for that matter.

If Ksnavicius plays as the second striker, then Glen can't play as the second striker.

I think that playing one of our better players might be a novel idea for an Easter Road selection, but then again ...

Didn't Gary Glen get his debut and do well against Dundee United when we were down to 10 men and on the way to a nil four defeat? Two seasons ago. He is more than capable with dealing with the pressure of a derby.

I have seen nothing from Tullberg in his 2 games so far to suggest that he will be any better than any of our other strikers. How does his goals per game ratio compare to Gary Glen's?

If Glen ever does get into the team, I'm giving it five games before everyone starts the "GLEN OUTZ!!! WE WONT NADDY!!" chat. It's cyclical, every player that hasn't played for a while becomes the player who'd make it all okay.

If Glen ever does get into the team, I'm giving it five games before everyone starts the "GLEN OUTZ!!! WE WONT NADDY!!" chat. It's cyclical, every player that hasn't played for a while becomes the player who'd make it all okay.

I think that Glen and Nade should start on Sunday. :)

I don't see why you have to apologise tbh, you posted something that you believed to be true. That should be allowed IMO.

As for Glen, I would have him on the bench tbh, I would actually play the dreaded 4-5-1 this weekend. The more I think about this fixture, the more I feel we should strangle the midfield.

I would pick

------------------------Kello---------------------

Thomson-------Karipidis-------Berra--------Wallace

Mikoliunas--Jonsson--Stewart--Palazuelos--Cesnauskis

----------------------Tullberg-----------------------

If Ksnavicius plays as the second striker, then Glen can't play as the second striker.

I think that playing one of our better players might be a novel idea for an Easter Road selection, but then again ...

Didn't Gary Glen get his debut and do well against Dundee United when we were down to 10 men and on the way to a nil four defeat? Two seasons ago. He is more than capable with dealing with the pressure of a derby.

I have seen nothing from Tullberg in his 2 games so far to suggest that he will be any better than any of our other strikers. How does his goals per game ratio compare to Gary Glen's?

That was last season and this is now. Things are very different and by all accounts, it doesn't sound as if Glen's performances have been any better than those we've witnessed from the strikers we have seen in the first team lately. What brings you to the conclusion that Glen is a better player anyway? Genuine question.

Tullberg has played two games so I'll save goals per game ratio until there's something a little more representative to look at, I think.

Guest JamboRobbo
:eek: So a guy who hasnt been playing well in the reserves deserves a chance because guys in the first team havent been playing well. :sad:

Not at all what I'm saying.

If the guys in the first team lack ability (Mole) and whoever picks our team doesn't think our other options are fit enough (Nade,Tullberg), then IMO we should look to the youngsters.

Glen has shown ability in previous games. We have nothing to lose, and plenty to gain IMO.

Naysmith had good and bad games at that age but its amazing how over the years that is forgotten.

My point was, chucking him in for a big match (Celtic at home in QF of cup)

a) helped him as a player

B) helped us win said match.

I was countering the suggestion that a derby is too big a match to chuck in a youngser.

If Glen is putting in a shift in the reserves he deserves a shot if he doesnt then tough if this happened to be a lithuanian youngester who was put in on Sunday having not played well for the reserves you would have had a fit.

It has happened repeatedly with Lithuanian youngsters. I wonder why.

Oh, and I hope you're not playing the race card against me?

He has potential he isnt showing it in the reserves.

Whereas Mole doesn't have the potential, and hasn't shown it at QOS, Livi, HMFC reserves, or HMFC.

I know who I think has more chance of making the grade in professional football, and who'll be playing for East Fife in few years.

Guest JamboRobbo

I understand why you might want to see him being given his chance soon, but not at a derby. Talk about a baptism of fire.

Do you feel the same about Naysmith been thrown in at the deep end?

Apart from his loss of form which resulted in Neil Pointon retaining the position, keeping it for the remainder of that season and for around half of 1997/98.

Get your point that Gary wasn't affected long term negatively, there have been several other promises youngsters over the last few years who have been thrown in at that age that has appeared to hamper their progress.

Paul McMullan

Lee Wallace

Calum Elliot

Do you feel the same about Naysmith been thrown in at the deep end?

Cant remember the name but didnt we have quite a good striker who scored 2 goals on his derby debut.:whistling:

Not at all what I'm saying.

If the guys in the first team lack ability (Mole) and whoever picks our team doesn't think our other options are fit enough (Nade,Tullberg), then IMO we should look to the youngsters.

Glen has shown ability in previous games. We have nothing to lose, and plenty to gain IMO.

My point was, chucking him in for a big match (Celtic at home in QF of cup)

a) helped him as a player

B) helped us win said match.

I was countering the suggestion that a derby is too big a match to chuck in a youngser.

It has happened repeatedly with Lithuanian youngsters. I wonder why.

Oh, and I hope you're not playing the race card against me?

Whereas Mole doesn't have the potential, and hasn't shown it at QOS, Livi, HMFC reserves, or HMFC.

I know who I think has more chance of making the grade in professional football, and who'll be playing for East Fife in few years.

Can't speak for other teams but I watch the reserves a lot and when Mole and Glen played together Mole looked the better of the two, in my opinion of course.

Yes he did, misplaced a pass, and was booed by a large section of the crowd (though some on here deny that it happened). As I remember we were already 4 - 0 down when he came on and the consensus was that he should never have been brought on under the circumstances.

That was last season and this is now. Things are very different and by all accounts, it doesn't sound as if Glen's performances have been any better than those we've witnessed from the strikers we have seen in the first team lately. What brings you to the conclusion that Glen is a better player anyway? Genuine question.

Tullberg has played two games so I'll save goals per game ratio until there's something a little more representative to look at, I think.

I haven't seen the reserves and would not consider the people who report on the reserve games to provide definitive statements on the players (no offence to those who report on the reserve games). Prefer my own judgement.

The half dozen games Glen has had for the first team and the performances he put in during those games suggest to me that he is a better player than Ksnavicius who I have seen as an ineffective player in the SPL in about forty games. I think that Glen is better on the ball, faster, with more of an eye for goal. I think that he has a better attitude on the park.

I think that Ksnavicius should return to Kaunas in the window.

Yes he did, misplaced a pass, and was booed by a large section of the crowd (though some on here deny that it happened). As I remember we were already 4 - 0 down when he came on and the consensus was that he should never have been brought on under the circumstances.

He was hung out to dry in that game, but kept his head up and worked hard and was the only positive to be drawn from the game.

Having just read the OP, I'm less than happy.

My bet of a ?50 double on Glen for first goal and Hearts to win eight scud is now starting to look a tad optimistic.

I may have to consider suing JayJay :wink:

I haven't seen the reserves and would not consider the people who report on the reserve games to provide definitive statements on the players (no offence to those who report on the reserve games). Prefer my own judgement.

The half dozen games Glen has had for the first team and the performances he put in during those games suggest to me that he is a better player than Ksnavicius who I have seen as an ineffective player in the SPL in about forty games. I think that Glen is better on the ball, faster, with more of an eye for goal. I think that he has a better attitude on the park.

Why do people feel the need to completely make things up to support their agenda ?

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/players/ksanaviciusaudrius.html

Audrey has played in 30 SPL in total.

Maybe you should consider resigning from this forum and gies us all a break, take your wee pal with you.

portobellojambo1

Decent of you to at least apologise jayjay.

I assume it is in relation to your post oh the other thread that started off about a "meeting" which no one seems to have known about or attended, and I apologise if my reply sometime yesterday was a bit short and to the point, wasn't meant in the way it possibly came across.

Decent of you to at least apologise jayjay.

I assume it is in relation to your post oh the other thread that started off about a "meeting" which no one seems to have known about or attended, and I apologise if my reply sometime yesterday was a bit short and to the point, wasn't meant in the way it possibly came across.

AH i think i see what you mean now. tbh mate i hadnt even looked at that thread since i posted on it. As regards your comments dont worry about it.

Most things i tell people on here are true and mainly facts. Bit of crossed wires between my source and i this time though. Cheers

Is Glen not away training with the Scotland U19 squad, making the whole debate about Sunday somewhat pointless?

Why do people feel the need to completely make things up to support their agenda ?

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/players/ksanaviciusaudrius.html

Audrey has played in 30 SPL in total.

Maybe you should consider resigning from this forum and gies us all a break, take your wee pal with you.

I apologise to any KB user who has been deceived by my blatant attempt to enforce my agenda.:eek: Thank you so much for pointing out my error. I have amended my post below. All sentiments stand of course.

PS who is my wee pal?

The half dozen games Glen has had for the first team and the performances he put in during those games suggest to me that he is a better player than Ksnavicius who I have seen as an ineffective player in the SPL in 30 games. I think that Glen is better on the ball, faster, with more of an eye for goal. I think that he has a better attitude on the park.

Ryan Wallace & Mark Cowan are probably in better form than Gary Glen in recent/weeks or months.

Are any of them in better form than Ksnavicius?

Charlie-Brown

Husband played in the role behind the main striker (Mole) at the Dunfermline game pre-season and gave a very encouraging & mature performance in that game, also played well in tuesdays reserve game by all accounts.

Charlie-Brown
Are any of them in better form than Ksnavicius?

Mark Cowan is the only striker at the club scoring consistently this season so he maybe deserves a wee chance on the first team bench for his efforts.

Mark Cowan is the only striker at the club scoring consistently this season so he maybe deserves a wee chance on the first team bench for his efforts.

If we are going to stick with the hole formation we need someone more suited to it than Ksnavicius, Obua and Kingston who have all been terrible there this year.

Ryan Wallace & Mark Cowan are probably in better form than Gary Glen in recent/weeks or months.

I can't remember him scoring that many goals this season for the reserves or under-19's.

Has Glen been playing in midfield?

Is he more a penalty box striker (I thought he was) or can he play in between the midfield and main striker? Like Kingston, Obua and Ksanavicius.

Archived