Oktoberfest

Tevo

anyone been this year??

I'm organising a trip for next year and I'm trying to find some good/cheap accommodation!!!

any tips would be greatfully accepted!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I went last weekend. Imagine the Edinburgh New Year thing x 1000 on drugs and you'll be getting close.

Brilliant time but if you're going at the weekend you need to be booking seats in the tents for Friday and Saturday night (we didnt)

You can get seats outside but to be honest it was baltic when we were there.

Also try and get to a Bayern game as well

We stayed here http://www.gtahotels.com/hotels/ghotel_hotel_and_living_muenchen_zentrum_munich.htm?gclid=CO6xnJb6qJYCFRqH1Qod915ZyA

I booked thru this lot http://www.hotelclub.net and we got it for ?60 a night for a twin room which was a bit of a bargain

My other bit of advice is watch for the change scam, you'll pay with say a 50 euro note and they'll give you your change less 10 euro's. I'm sure I got done the first night as there was no way I spent what I did, but I pulled the boy up second night and he must have thought I was pi$hed (I was sober) and try to fob me off with the "oh you must have dropped it" routine despite the fact my hand with the money was in front of my nose the whole time.

PM Me if you want to see more pics

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Isn't most of it in September?

Yeah pretty much.

It was moved as it was better weather in September

We caught the last weekend which is the only part in October

robin hood jambo

Im having my own octoberfest in Edinburgh!

The Brauhaus bar has loads and i mean loads of special edition oktoberfest beers along with hunners of other quality beers. What could be better than gettin ****ed on good beer avoiding crap oompah music and still have the comfort of your own bed!

Bomber Harris
My other bit of advice is watch for the change scam, you'll pay with say a 50 euro note and they'll give you your change less 10 euro's. I'm sure I got done the first night as there was no way I spent what I did, but I pulled the boy up second night and he must have thought I was pi$hed (I was sober) and try to fob me off with the "oh you must have dropped it" routine despite the fact my hand with the money was in front of my nose the whole time.

Can you pm me the one of you smashing Helmut the robbing hun in the puss :)

Bomber Harris

hit them with snide 50's, then you don't really care how much you get back :)

Archived