Is John Boyle Martin Bain's boyfriend??

Samster

You picked the only quote from the whole article that backs up your thread title.

The guy is doing what fans have been asking for for years. He is reducing prices to bring more fans into his ground. It is the BBC who have spun the article towards an OF perspective.

Hats off to the guy, he is doing the best thing a chairman could. Especially with a recession looming.

Kids in for free should improve the ambience at games too. Well done 'well.

He is probably having to launder some of the millions him and his brother took from Zoom before it went down. Allegedly.

Seymour M Hersh
You picked the only quote from the whole article that backs up your thread title.

The guy is doing what fans have been asking for for years. He is reducing prices to bring more fans into his ground. It is the BBC who have spun the article towards an OF perspective.

Hats off to the guy, he is doing the best thing a chairman could. Especially with a recession looming.

He may well be doing what fns have been hoping and looking for but he's trying to make out that it's only the knuckle draggers from the bigot bros who are being reemed! He's an OF sycophant!

Guest Dipped Flake

Sorry but totally disagree. He is yet another chairman who has bowed down to OF pressure. The bigot brothers must be laughing their heads off as yet another club bows down and kisses their arses. Please Vlad, keep to your guns; if they don't want to pay the prices we charge they don't have to come.

He's an OF sycophant!

That's my point exactly. I'm all for reducing prices but it's just sickening the way Boyle makes these announcements.

Did he not offer to give Celtic fans the majority of Fir Park a few years back for a title decider?

He may well be doing what fns have been hoping and looking for but he's trying to make out that it's only the knuckle draggers from the bigot bros who are being reemed! He's an OF sycophant!

100% correct, the guy's bending over backwards for them as per usual, he should just go the whole hog and stand in the centre circle getting f88cked up the ar3e by them all...pathetic

Colonel Kurtz
100% correct, the guy's bending over backwards for them as per usual, he should just go the whole hog and stand in the centre circle getting f88cked up the ar3e by them all...pathetic

That is one of Boyles fantasies,apparantly with transformer playing over the tannoy

so are you happy to pay ?7 more when we go there compared to the OF?

what about fans from aberdeen etc that have to pay more to travel to motherwell in the first place to be faced with having to pay more than the OF

The idea to reduce prices for kids etc is good for the game...but just reducing it for the old firm is a horrible policy sucking up to their big neighbours.

Why are Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen fans being fleeced. Have they also not been expoited by other clubs as they take big supports. If he was doing this, he should have done it for all.

He's selling to his biggest group of customers. Get over it.

I dont know if i will ever get over this......im leaving:eek:

Understand he is sucking up to the old firm and thats the problem with football in scotland, far to many people in power far too quick to pander to the old firm.

Tickets are ?25 - OF sell out

Tickets are ?15 - OF sell out

In this day and age of clubs going out of business or into administration why would you possibly want to cut your revenue stream as a gesture of goodwill?? And why single out the OF for special treatment?

They're still going to come and urinate on a high street near you whether it's ?15, ?25 or a ?100. So charge them for the privelige.

In this day and age of clubs going out of business or into administration why would you possibly want to cut your revenue stream as a gesture of goodwill?? And why single out the OF for special treatment?

They're still going to come and urinate on a high street near you whether it's ?15, ?25 or a ?100. So charge them for the privelige.

Remember it is Boyle's business acumen that has seen several businesses, including Motherwel - I think, go into administration.

Vlad has had none that I am aware of - so far anyway....

"I've noticed over the last few years that attendances when Celtic or Rangers visit have been slipping and slipping," Boyle told BBC Radio Scotland.

"When I took over at Motherwell 10 years ago you were virtually assured a full house. We're now not getting anything like that. We have empty seats. "

Sounds to me like they haven't always sold out for OF games, not the whole ground anyway. I'd guess that he plans to sell out every last seat, even if it means giving 3/4 to the away support.

Wondering if you may be related to chairman boyle.

uppompeii_2_thumb.jpg

Let's sign a TV deal that is effectively 'OF on the Road'. If OF fans have Setanta why would they want to schlep (sp?)up to Inverness for a 12.30 kick off when they can watch it at home. Likewise, why pay ?25 (or whatever) for Motherwell when you've already paid for Setanta.

And Boyle wonders why OF fans are staying away ?

Archived