Oh well. Goodbye, everyone

shaun.lawson

I think it's now clear that, for all my good intentions, I have no credibility remaining on this messageboard. I've been posting on Kickback for over eight years now; this, though, will be my final post.

Many of you, given what's happened over the last few days, will be delighted - others will be sad. But it's become simply impossible for me to post here and over there without literally everything I write being scrutinised for evidence that you have some Fifth Columnist in your midst. Well, you don't: I'm a Jambo, and will always be a Jambo. One who makes mistakes - many of them. But a Jambo all the same.

I've loved posting in this place: the many debates I've had and cyberfriends I've made have been very rewarding. It's a fantastic forum. I've also bored the pants off you on many, many occasions: belated apologies for that! But all good things must come to an end. I'll still post on hibs.net until they get sick of me too, as will probably happen in time. No, not because I'm a Hibs fan - I'm not and will never be one - but because I enjoy debating things with rival fans, and am grateful for the opportunity to do so there.

There is no need to comment on this: I'm aware of the "drama queen" accusations which will probably be made, let alone anything else. But having been on here so long, I feel I owe you an explanation as to why I'm doing this, and the more general chance to say goodbye too. If anyone wants to contact me, my email address is [email protected]; or you can send me a friend request on Facebook. Please ensure, too, that a certain Chelsea fan and 'psychologist' is aware of this, in case he thinks I'm bolting because I'll owe him money in a year or so! :eek:

Anyway, that's all. Farewell, all the best, and I hope to see some of you next time I'm up for a game. And on Sunday, and for every game beyond, come on the Hearts!

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlie-Brown

Stop being be so silly shaun - post here whenever you want ..... why let other people 'censure' you - I've never let what they thought bother me - it's simple mate...grow a thicker skin....oh and stop being a farewell drama queen! :thumb:

Remnants of Standards
I think it's now clear that, for all my good intentions, I have no credibility remaining on this messageboard. I've been posting on Kickback for over eight years now; this, though, will be my final post.

Many of you, given what's happened over the last few days, will be delighted - others will be sad. But it's become simply impossible for me to post here and over there without literally everything I write being scrutinised for evidence that you have some Fifth Columnist in your midst. Well, you don't: I'm a Jambo, and will always be a Jambo. One who makes mistakes - many of them. But a Jambo all the same.

I've loved posting in this place: the many debates I've had and cyberfriends I've made have been very rewarding. It's a fantastic forum. I've also bored the pants off you on many, many occasions: belated apologies for that! But all good things must come to an end. I'll still post on hibs.net until they get sick of me too, as will probably happen in time. No, not because I'm a Hibs fan - I'm not and will never be one - but because I enjoy debating things with rival fans, and am grateful for the opportunity to do so there.

There is no need to comment on this: I'm aware of the "drama queen" accusations which will probably be made, let alone anything else. But having been on here so long, I feel I owe you an explanation as to why I'm doing this, and the more general chance to say goodbye too. If anyone wants to contact me, my email address is [email protected]; or you can send me a friend request on Facebook. Please ensure, too, that a certain Chelsea fan and 'psychologist' is aware of this, in case he thinks I'm bolting because I'll owe him money in a year or so! :eek:

Anyway, that's all. Farewell, all the best, and I hope to see some of you next time I'm up for a game. And on Sunday, and for every game beyond, come on the Hearts!

Laying virtual wreath.

Don't let some people put you off just because they decided to measure their e-Jamboness against yours to make up for some sort of insecurity. Any Hearts fan is welcome. A credit to the board whether I agree with you or not (sometimes).

Malinga the Swinga

Bye then.

Bloody drama queen. Be a bigger man and ignore them, you're an intelligent poster and would be missed.

And, this is coming from some one who has critised you countless times!

Don't be daft Shaun. I don't always agree with what you write, but KB needs all the quality contributors it can get, it would be a poorer place for your absence. You surely know by now that a thick skin is required for this forum?

Chad Sexington

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOBOODOOM.

That was the Eastenders drum roll by the way. :P

Stop being be so silly shaun - post here whenever you want ..... why let other people 'censure' you - I've never let what they though bother me - it's simple mate...grow a thicker skin....oh and stop being a farewell drama queen! :thumb:

It had to happen eventually. I agree with you completely.

winston churchill

grow up man and take it on the chin.

it's only a bloody message board.

ps

this could end up a ten pager.

grow up man and take it on the chin.

it's only a bloody message board.

ps

this could end up a ten pager.

Exactly.

This thread just made you look even sillier

Off to tim-mad now to let them know of your respect for their great fans?:rolleyes:

Shaun

I don't like how you go on Hibs.net and they try and rip the pash from you over there. However there is no need to leave this board - it's a Hearts messageboard.

Take a wee holiday, reflect and come back.

Cheers

kennygarland1

Crying shame that you have let the neanderthal minority on here persuade you to leave,good luck and give them it tight on hobo.net.

alwaysthereinspirit

Dont take much notice of who's post I'm actually reading so have nothing bad or good to say about threads you've posted on or started. What I will say is DONT GO. Why give a $#!t about what people on here think or dont think about you. Just keep posting.

Why let others drive you from the forum you have been contributing to all these years . If you must then take a break for a week , its amazing what shafting the hibs on their own patch will do to mood on the forum.:)

Off to tim-mad now to let them know of your respect for their great fans?:rolleyes:

You think.

Why don't you post a 'goodbye everyone, i won't be posting on here again' style thread.

See how many people actually want you to stay.

Still never, ever as silly as you though and a far better poster on this board than you could even dream about being.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I've seen many of these goodbye posts over the years ... they always come back, it's an addiction. ;)

Shaun, don't be daft. People have given you it tight (rightly so) but you are still a valued member of the forum.

Remember ... it's just a forum!

Miller Jambo 60

Get a grip bud its only a game.

I trust a similar thread appeared on welovedisability.net

There too busy discussing your disgusting abuse of the disabled at this current time :P

Miller Jambo 60

Are you real chancer sorry Prancer you are a nice guy not

Chad Sexington
I've seen many of these goodbye posts over the years ... they always come back, it's an addiction. ;)

Shaun, don't be daft. People have given you it tight (rightly so) but you are still a valued member of the forum.

Spot on Alan.

There's not a hope in hell Shaun will last a fortnight before he snaps.

Shaun, for the record, you seem a nice chap and you're a good poster. Take your savaging like a man and shrug it off.

portobellojambo1
Jesus wept, ya lilly livered yellow bellied southern softie!

Grow a set of balls!

What he said.

I left once - but I did say it was only for 6 months - lasted a whole 8 weeks -

Did cure my 40 posts a day habit though. (I think)

I would rather spend a Sunday afternoon in the International Bar than read a single word of the dross that you excrete onto this forum.

J.T.F.Robertson
Crying shame that you have let the neanderthal minority on here persuade you to leave,good luck and give them it tight on hobo.net.

As opposed to their neanderthal majority, you mean?

No-one "persuaded" him to leave, it's of his own volition.

Shaun, naivety isn't a crime, just a bit sad, at your age. ;)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Is Shaun pulling the wool over our eyes here lads?

I think he is selling his soul to the devil and engineering a move over to Hibs.Net. :mad::mad::mad:

_42247258_pressley_snsb203.jpg

Archived