107 years of joy

richiehmfc

What are your favourite moments of the hobos remarkable run of unsuccessfulness in the Scottish Cup?

Favourites of mine are of course the 4-0 game at Hampden and the Wayne Foster game :107years:

I also enjoyed the semi-final defeat to Dunfermline a couple of years back. You can always rely on them to brighten up your day :107years:

Reminders of other hobo defeats would be gladly excepted....

edit: Just remembered them being put out by Stirling Albion in 99 after a replay...priceless

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

celtic beatin them 3-0 in the scottish cup final mcnamara scorin i think?

got ther hopes up big time thinkin they could do a 98' special ;)

Has to be Ferranti Thistle pumping them in the final.

Funniest thing ever.

I had just started working opposite Easter Road and waved them off in their coach with a one-man Jambo Twirly with my Hearts scarf.

McLeish gave me the finger as he was sitting in the front seat.

I gave it to him tight for the next week after that game. Knocking on the window and waving at him every time he drew up in his merc.

Guest juvehearts

mines has to be the dunfermline penalty at hampden on a ****ing wed night infront of 10,000 fans and a dinked penaly won it.

wayne foster or the semi 4-0 is a close second

Apart from the obvious

A few of us went to see Hibs v Arbroath 02/03/77 with our Arbroath scarves on ;)

Hibs 1 Arbroath 2

Didnt know then that they would still be waiting in 2009 to try and win it :107years:

Foster.

Airdrie game in the early 90's.

Waving them off in Princes St before the Celtic game a few years ago. Laughing like **** when they got bumed by Celtic. Fairly comprehensive it was. Almost as comprehensive as our semi. Almost.

FTH.

:107years:

i always have a right laugh when i see their name in the list of teams when the 3rd round draw is being made. anyone else would have given up by now.

other than that, i pesh myself silly when i see one of the maggots decry our '06 win by mumping that we "only won it 'cos ye scraped past a 2nd division side in the final... on penalties".

completely erasing the semi final from the historical record.

maggots.

Has to be fozzie for me, can remember it as if it was yesterday.

Bring back terracing, yah cannot sway sitting down..

FTH...

lost in leith

All of the above, plus

Losing to Stirling Albion when McLeish was in charge.

1-0 defeat at Kilbowie the day we beat Celtic at Tynie in 87.

I remember a story about them losing to Airdrie at ER in 92, the day before we beat Falkirk. A couple of Jambos who lived near ER apparently wandered into Middletons and put 'Diamonds are Forever' on the juke box (several times). Joke went a bit sour when Airdrie beat us in the semi, but still v funny :)

Archived