Motherwell ripping fans off

Ryan Gosling

Its because their moral-less OF apologists who will happily have more OF fans than homes fans present and know that they will line their pockets anyway, whereas if they drop prices for everyone else they wont have a sell out and less cash in the pocket

*****sssss

jamboinglasgow

Martin Bain snarls that everyone is being cruel to old firm fans with expensive prices. Motherwell get scared and lower the price.

Spineless.

Susie-Jambo-66
http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=420&Itemid=136

So we have to pay ?22/?15 for a ticket, but the Old Firm only have to pay ?15/?10?

GTF Boyle ya ****in mincing *****.

I do not think that is what they are saying.

Visiting fans will be housed in the Phil O’Donnell Stand and they, along with all other remaining areas of the ground can expect standard gate prices.

Are these prices not just for Well fans?

For Category B fixtures (Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibernian and Hamilton Academical)

For Category C fixtures (Dundee United, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Falkirk and Inverness Caley Thistle)

How can you class Hamilton as a Cat B and you are classing DU and Killie as Cat C

Very strange.

Visiting fans will be housed in the Phil O’Donnell Stand and they, along with all other remaining areas of the ground can expect standard gate prices. However, children will be allowed free entry when accompanied by a paying adult, while juvenile season ticket holders will also be able to bring a friend for free.

Thats sounds a good idea but how will Hearts TO deal with it.

Visiting fans will be housed in the Phil O’Donnell Stand and they, along with all other remaining areas of the ground can expect standard gate prices.

For Category C fixtures (Dundee United, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Falkirk and Inverness Caley Thistle)

How can you class Hamilton as a Cat B and you are classing DU and Killie as Cat C

Very strange.

Visiting fans will be housed in the Phil O’Donnell Stand and they, along with all other remaining areas of the ground can expect standard gate prices. However, children will be allowed free entry when accompanied by a paying adult, while juvenile season ticket holders will also be able to bring a friend for free.

hamilton is their lanarkshire derby, not so strange.

what a bunch of spineless, buckie drinking surrender monkeys. it's clubs like them that allow the OF to keep their grip on the game.

not surprised in the least.

Very strange.

If you check their ticket prices, it states our matches will be ?22/?15.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72&Itemid=59

Also, Hamilton is their derby match so it's not strange at all.

Also, away fans are only in the POD stand for Category C matches.

Susie-Jambo-66
If you check their ticket prices, it states our matches will be ?22/?15.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72&Itemid=59

Also, Hamilton is their derby match so it's not strange at all.

Also, away fans are only in the POD stand for Category C matches.

Ok

That still sounds a good idea if I am reading it correctly.

It's up to Wellwellfeckingwell to determine their own pricing policy, but this one certainly won't entice me to Fir Park this season.

The under 12 for free is a gimmick. The vast majority of fans travelling to away games don't take their very young kids with them.

The only ones getting a good deal here are the old firm supporters. Even the home season ticket holders must be getting screwed. Especially the adults that bought season tickets for their kids.

Ok

Visiting fans will be housed in the Phil O?Donnell Stand and they, along with all other remaining areas of the ground can expect standard gate prices. However, children will be allowed free entry when accompanied by a paying adult, while juvenile season ticket holders will also be able to bring a friend for free.

That still sounds a good idea if I am reading it correctly.

It's certainly not a bad idea Susie but I reckon the Old Firm issue is far more relevant. It's basically allowing the Old Firm to further strengthen their stranglehold on the SPL by blackmailing other sides for lower ticket prices and further belittling the importance of the other clubs.

Feck that, I haven't got kids, dont take kids to matches, I still pay taxes etc like everyone else and yet I have to pay ?7 more than those manky inbred shooting up feckers who have less to pay in travel cos they live nearer the cesspit of Motherwell!

Dont think I will be visiting Fir Park for a long while.

:(

Nah, something's being covered up under the guise of a 'cracking deal' here ?

They could, and happily would, fill the entire ground with OF shecht so this may be some kind of sop to their own supporters who'll maybe have to move out the Davie Cooper stand when the OF come calling - if they give them both the South and North stands as they suggest elsewhere on their site.

The 'free sprog' gimmick might even pay it's way at cat B & C games if someone, who wouldn't normally come, pops along with their laddie and pays the ?22 or whatever

I have to say I was ambivalent :rolleyes: towards the Well before but I'm fast obtaining a disliking for them :sad:

I wonder if the extra numbers of the OF fans they'll get will make up for the losses they'll make in visiting fans from the other clubs they're trying to shaft?

I didn't mind Motherwell but their attitude towards the O'Donnell tribute programme and the McGhee thing really changed my mind on them big style, now I think I'm close to actually despising the wee rats.

Pathetic excuse for a football club....

I wonder if the extra numbers of the OF fans they'll get will make up for the losses they'll make in visiting fans from the other clubs they're trying to shaft?

I didn't mind Motherwell but their attitude towards the O'Donnell tribute programme and the McGhee thing really changed my mind on them big style, now I think I'm close to actually despising the wee rats.

What if they're in financial trouble though? I'm convinced they must have overspent last season - and in the current climate, they may need all the cash they can get.

What if they're in financial trouble though? I'm convinced they must have overspent last season - and in the current climate, they may need all the cash they can get.

If they're in financial trouble, I'm even less convinced that this is a clever move on their part. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm struggling to see why it's even a wee bit of a good idea?

Sawdust Caesar

Sorry to go off topic but what did they not like about the O'Donnell tribute programme?

If they're in financial trouble, I'm even less convinced that this is a clever move on their part. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm struggling to see why it's even a wee bit of a good idea?

Because they're trying to maximise gates, presumably? They've been down this road before, of course - and it didn't work.

They brought in ₤1million in transfer fees last season Shaun. ₤750,000 for McDonald and ₤250,000 for Jim Patterson. Other than maybe ₤100,000 for Steven Hammell, I don't recall them paying a transfer fee for anyone else. So I reckon they well have made a profit last season and I think I read previously that they have no bank debt.

They brought in ₤1million in transfer fees last season Shaun. ₤750,000 for McDonald and ₤250,000 for Jim Patterson. Other than maybe ₤100,000 for Steven Hammell, I don't recall them paying a transfer fee for anyone else. So I reckon they well have made a profit last season and I think I read previously that they have no bank debt.

Fair dos Martin. They were about half a mil in debt when their most recent accounts were released, but you're spot on about the player sales. It's just that, well, whenever a club overachieves to the extent they did last season, has a manager they wouldn't normally be able to afford, and keeps that manager despite overtures from others, I become instinctively suspicious. I've lost count of how many English clubs were thought to be doing a wonderful job with their finances, only for the real reasons behind them punching above their weight to emerge later.

I'd love to see what their wage bill was for 07/8: I just think it had to be more than previously. And if I'm right, that could easily impact on cashflow - but this is all total supposition on my part in any case.

Fair dos Martin. They were about half a mil in debt when their most recent accounts were released, but you're spot on about the player sales. It's just that, well, whenever a club overachieves to the extent they did last season, has a manager they wouldn't normally be able to afford, and keeps that manager despite overtures from others, I become instinctively suspicious. I've lost count of how many English clubs were thought to be doing a wonderful job with their finances, only for the real reasons behind them punching above their weight to emerge later.

I'd love to see what their wage bill was for 07/8: I just think it had to be more than previously. And if I'm right, that could easily impact on cashflow - but this is all total supposition on my part in any case.

McGhee was on the verge of taking the Bohemians job in Ireland when he got the Motherwell job. His managerial stock was pretty low until he got the Fir Park gig. I can't imagine he was on too much of a wage although obviously he'll have got a wee bit of a hike in the summer to ward of Hearts interest.

Other than the manager, I can't see where the increased expenditure would be? They lost McCormack and replaced him with Sutton who you'd imagine is probably on a smaller wage. Unless Hughes and Malcom are on big money, I reckon their annual wage bill won't be much larger than normal.

Two adults,one child... Motherwell v. Celtic/ Rangers.. ?40

Two adults,one child ...Motherwell v. Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen/Hamilton.. ?44.

They can't even use the encouraging families argument.

I dont think anyone has any problem with Motherwell reducing prices for their own fans, or the whole kid deal but there can be no justification for reducing OF prices

It costs well more to put these games on, they are "bigger" games and so on

I would love to know the reason behind this as there has to be more for it, I wonder if well have been told they will get all the OF rejects if they screw the rest of the clubs over and demonstrate the OF's power and dominance

McGhee was on the verge of taking the Bohemians job in Ireland when he got the Motherwell job. His managerial stock was pretty low until he got the Fir Park gig. I can't imagine he was on too much of a wage although obviously he'll have got a wee bit of a hike in the summer to ward of Hearts interest.

Other than the manager, I can't see where the increased expenditure would be? They lost McCormack and replaced him with Sutton who you'd imagine is probably on a smaller wage. Unless Hughes and Malcom are on big money, I reckon their annual wage bill won't be much larger than normal.

Wow - I never knew that at all! How many players have they held onto, though (with probable wage increases) since he was persuaded to stay?

Archived