Funniest Derby Memory

cookieboy

:107years:Mines has to be the 4-4 game when I smashed the wee radio in the kitchen off the wall as Hubz made it 2-4.Iwas bouncing only three minutes later when I went through and switched the telly on and Vipond(I think ) said what a dramatic finish at Tynecastle!!!or possibly dancing round a shopping centre in Kent as the Zal spoiled the party!! any memories fellow JT's?

Dagger Is Back
:107years:Mines has to be the 4-4 game when I smashed the wee radio in the kitchen off the wall as Hubz made it 2-4.Iwas bouncing only three minutes later when I went through and switched the telly on and Vipond(I think ) said what a dramatic finish at Tynecastle!!!or possibly dancing round a shopping centre in Kent as the Zal spoiled the party!! any memories fellow JT's?

Has to be the 2-1 game at Fester Road when Stampy scored. Couldn't make the game as the wife was working. Was sitting in the car outside the Gyle and the kids were both fast asleep.

Had the game on the radio.

McKenna equalised and I roared - woke up both kids cue loads of tears and what whas.

Kept the radio on and had me window rolled down. Stampy scored and I yelled 'ya fecking beauty just as some old dear walked past - near enough gave her a heart attack - got loads of tut tuts when he saw I had 2 weans in the back! :o

3-0 at Easter Rd when those mugs and muppets tried to invade the pitch, our players being told to go easy:av-1001:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Mixu missing a penalty in the last minute when the score was 0-0.

He tried to be a smart fecker and dink the ball in but somehow melted it over the bar much to the delight of the Jambos behind the goal.

Mixu Pantyliner should have been a joiner na na na na!

jamboinglasgow

3-2 boxing day match, after Zibbys spill of the ball for jany to score, all the hearts fans singing "Zibby is a jambo"

Mixu missing a penalty in the last minute when the score was 0-0.

He tried to be a smart fecker and dink the ball in but somehow melted it over the bar much to the delight of the Jambos behind the goal.

Mixu Pantyliner should have been a joiner na na na na!

On the old, old, old Jambos.net, I won the monthly fantasy football competition and the prize was a free ?100 bet.

I punted the lot on us to beat them.

When Wales clipped the post I nearly cried.

When fat boy missed the penalty, I nearly came.

:biggrin:

Can't remember the year but sure it was the first derby after WM's failed takeover, sure we were three up before half time and after one of Robbo's goals one of the filth came out the east terracing to lamp Robbo.

The Hibs goalie (might have been Goram) got a hold of the little rat and one of our own came out the Hearts end and landed one on his chin! Priceless!

Can't remember the year but sure it was the first derby after WM's failed takeover, sure we were three up before half time and after one of Robbo's goals one of the filth came out the east terracing to lamp Robbo.

The Hibs goalie (might have been Goram) got a hold of the little rat and one of our own came out the Hearts end and landed one on his chin! Priceless!

sure that was the game speedbump mentioned. was a great day.

Miller Jambo 60
"Zibby geez a wave, Zibby Zibby geez a wave"

and what does he does? He geez us a wave!! Priceless

Chasing the hobos out their shed ha ha sooooo easy

Geoff Kilpatrick

Two really stand out for amusement value: Beating them with two own goals from Smith and Orman. It led to Robert Lang's famous "50 ways" post in terms of the way we have beaten them.

The second is the oompah loompah's feck up to allow Pospisil to score in the first minute at Tynecastle, on the day they decided to copy the sit-in from the previous derby, which made them look like utter *****!

easter road in the early 90s we won 2v1 due to bannons shoulder barge that nearly knocked the hobo into the cow shed only for gordon hunter to knock in to his own net...priceless:107years::107years:

definitely my favourite derby 'funny moment' as well.

they were hyped up to the moon because of the mercer takeover attempt... took a pounding in the first half... and managed to disgrace themselves and their club with their antics during the first half, and at half time as well. at one stage it looked like a full scale riot with the police.

muppets.

Spoilin their party ... Shoes off ... Big team big cup ... Wee team wee cup ...

simply an unforgetable day :P :107years:

John Hughes patting Stephane Paille on the head, Paille hitting the deck like a sniper had got him, Hughes getting a red card!!!!

Cringeworthy, but it was funny because it was against Hibs!!

Guest juvehearts

mines has gotta be the semi final game when i was on the bs back home after a long hard day of celebrations & their was a wee hibee & his dad on the lower deck of the #3 going back to wester hailes & im sitting there wasted with the biggest smug smile on my face.

the wee laddie turns round to his dad & say's............ '' da, wull we ever be as gid as hertz?''

i sobered up after that the little s h i t

priceless, you should av seen the dads face!

1-1 draw at Fester Road a few years ago. When Riordan scored at our end he ran along the touchline and got hit by a well-thrown pizza from the mid-level.

****ed masel laughing when we HAD to be removed from the stadium so Hibs could have their little celebration with their little cup without the embarrasement of a couple of thousand jambos putting them in their place - joke was on them, Zal's goal had already done that.

Having missed the CIS cup parade game (i would have loved that)

I think my personal favourites will be:

at Fester road

Stamps winner, we were terrible that day and they were absolutly gutted, the celebrations were class.

Tynecastle

4-4 takes some beating, for all it was a draw. At 4-2 down i went to leave but with so many people leaving decided to just stay in my seat. what a good choice that was. My favourite part of this was standing down at the front of section G laughing at the hobo's....they looked shellshocked.

And of course the biggest derby game in history, to humiliate them on and off the park just summed up everything that makes hearts better than them.

4 -2 and you f****d it up!

Stampy waving going off

Fozzy on fence

The empty seats at Hampden :107years:

Take your choice of goalies - Leighton (more than once) Zibi (more than once) Andy Pandy (ha ha)

Take your choice of games that read Hearts 4 Hibs 0 / 1

Oh and DeVries deserves a mention because of his own 4!

delpieroismagic

Abount 8 years ago, can't remember the score. There was a old boy behind us (wheatfield section B) who would rant bollocks constantly for 90 minutes. He was unusually quiet for a few minutes then he tapped my mate on the shoulder and pointed at a grotty object next to my mates feet. It was his falsers that had fallen from his gob:eek::eek:. We dissed him till half time before giving him his wally's back.

Sawdust Caesar

I listened to that game on the radio as well. When Hibs went 4-2 up I switched off and put on Sportscene and Dougie Vipond (it was him) said there has been 4 goals in the final 6 minutes at Tynecastle my first thought was ***** they have scored another 2 to make it 6-2, when the score flashed up I went mental, couldn't believe it. I was so annoyed that that game wasn't the live one on Sky cos no game was as dramatic as that one that day. I'm sure they had a pishy OF game playing the bottom team or something.

My funniest memory was a polisman saying your f##kin lifted son,and I spent the night in the High Street cells...on my 18th birthday,now thats a real sidesplitter:rolleyes:

Derby day at fester road last yr singing whos the wa%^er in the pink to the guy in the shed priceless oh the football banter it knows no bounds !!!! Canny wait for sunday so we can get tore into the hobos ***** !!! :107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::)

maroonlegions

sitting behind the hobos dug out in the 4-4 game , after things calmed down a bit and the players were walking off the pitch at full time i managed to shout out at Murray as he was walking up the tunnel, "hey Murray , better go and get a hair cut now eh, ya hobo c***", he just looked up at me and screwed his face up, what a picture. :107years::107years::107years:

A recent one for me - the wee cup party spoilification.

Or, more accurately, the radio presenters' description of it. Craig Levein was a summariser that day and he was pishing himself. They would speak about the match for a wee while then come up with the next gem e.g. 'And now they've moved up into the corner where there's no exits!'

spoiling there party makes me laugh whenever i think about it!

when zibby spilled hartleys freekick to janny in the 3-2 and me and the guy next to me couldn't celebrate for laughing at zibby

DuffKirkMacKenzie

October, 1964. In the Beer Bar in Germany listening to the results on British Forces network. 'Hibernian 3... (the Hibby next to me leapt off his chair and headed for the ceiling).

........Hearts 5.... As I was going up I met him on his way down. That was a great feeling.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy
I listened to that game on the radio as well. When Hibs went 4-2 up I switched off and put on Sportscene and Dougie Vipond (it was him) said there has been 4 goals in the final 6 minutes at Tynecastle my first thought was ***** they have scored another 2 to make it 6-2, when the score flashed up I went mental, couldn't believe it. I was so annoyed that that game wasn't the live one on Sky cos no game was as dramatic as that one that day. I'm sure they had a pishy OF game playing the bottom team or something.

aye they had aberdeen celtic at pittodrie..was a feckin 1-1 draw or somethin

what a game that day tho!

one of the few that never left before the end!

I think for me it has to be Rearend getting hit by a coin at Tynecastle. He then complained to one and all about the behaviour of Hearts fans only for it later to come out that the coin was thrown from the Hibs end aimed at Gordon!!

Still waiting for the apology Deeks

jambos are go!

Fond memeories of Alan Rough Missing an clearance kick at the school end and JC running past him and cutting back for Robbo to score. Funny enough but enhananced by a Hibs fan making a beeline to get on the pitch to have a a go at Rough.

Sexton Hardcastle

Walking into the bogs after the 1-0 CIS cup parade game to 2 inchs of water. Looking up and realising the sink had been torn off the wall and was just placed in the center.

My funniest memory at the City Dump was many years ago when Hearts fans used to be allowed to sit in the old stand. We scored and a guy we knew ran from several rows back jumped the balcony and started celebrating on the pie stand roof-we still know him to this day as "Pie Stand Keith"!! I think we managed to pump them 4-0 that day when Mickey ran the show.

Loved all the banter on here after the game with the attractive fellow in the fetching pink hoodie made his appearance. I was crying helplessly reading that, especially when they found his Bebo page!! I do hope his Social Worker lets him come on Sunday!

But my happiest memory was just after Shiels scored his penalty and the team came back to take kick-off, was yelling at Miko to show some interest when he turned round and just waved me off. Well I flew out of my seat at speeds only known by weegies avoiding soap to get down to the front and inform him in no uncertain terms how unfit he was to wear the jersey and what an embarassment to the club he was. 5 minutes later he scored a screamer and ran the length of the Wheatfield Stand past my section!! Have never been so pleased take a slice of humble pie as that day!!

Just hoping for some of the same on Sunday!

Archived