The Shield

Rawrrrrrrr

Mentioned it before and didnt seem to be many fans, however, was wondering if anyone was watching the final season at the moment? Been downloading them as its on the US and wont be anywhere near five until at least christmas apparently

Just watched the latest episode and its easily one of the best TV shows around, looks to be building upto a very big ending although I have a sneaky feeling of whats going to happen.

Mentioned it before and didnt seem to be many fans, however, was wondering if anyone was watching the final season at the moment? Been downloading them as its on the US and wont be anywhere near five until at least christmas apparently

Just watched the latest episode and its easily one of the best TV shows around, looks to be building upto a very big ending although I have a sneaky feeling of whats going to happen.

Never watched this but is on my "to buy" list of boxsets, one of my mates recommended it.

Never watched this but is on my "to buy" list of boxsets, one of my mates recommended it.

Its a brillant programme and If the ending does go where I think it may be it will be spectacular

Even the weakest season, season 3 is miles above most TV programmes

Definitly worth getting all 6 seasons and catching up before the final season starts in the UK

You wont regret it and they arent even particularly dear

Its a brillant programme and If the ending does go where I think it may be it will be spectacular

Even the weakest season, season 3 is miles above most TV programmes

Definitly worth getting all 6 seasons and catching up before the final season starts in the UK

You wont regret it and they arent even particularly dear

Cheers - yeah I thought the box sets seemed pretty cheap compared to other box sets.

Well it had to happen one day, completely agree with you Prancer, probably the most under-rated show in tv history.

Unfortunatley due to my self imposed exile down here im afull season behind and cannot get them on DVD here so only just saw the last epsiode last week of season 5 which was sensational.

Its a great show - I've been watching season 7 too. I wasn't overly impressed with the first 3/4 episodes then it got interesting. Shaping up to be another cracker now.

Its a great show - I've been watching season 7 too. I wasn't overly impressed with the first 3/4 episodes then it got interesting. Shaping up to be another cracker now.

I'm starting to suspect Ronnie is going to turn on Vic- either kill him,get him killed or jailed -with the sort of message that whilst watching afar vic didnt recognise the danger close to him.

what do you think?

Guest S.U.S.S.

Great programme.

Liked this ever since the money train all the way back in season 1, what season is it on now?

i can see a letter from virgin coming if its a few! :)

Great programme.

Liked this ever since the money train all the way back in season 1, what season is it on now?

i can see a letter from virgin coming if its a few! :)

The Final and Seventh season is currently showing in America now

Won't take long to catch up though as the series are only 10-13 episodes each

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What kind of show is it?

Is it about gangster and all that cause I've seen it compared with The Sopranos (although nothing compares to that really)

What kind of show is it?

Is it about gangster and all that cause I've seen it compared with The Sopranos (although nothing compares to that really)

Its a cop drama show based around a special anti gang unit, however, the unit are corrupt and happily take money, arrange for folk to be killed etc under the scheme its for the greater good

In the first episode the main character kills a fellow cop about to turn on them and its very good how even after this they manage to create characters you dont want to get caught despite 7 seasons of violence and such

Imo its probably the best american show with the possible exception of the wire of the last 10 years

Definitly worth watching if you dont already

Guest S.U.S.S.
The Final and Seventh season is currently showing in America now

Won't take long to catch up though as the series are only 10-13 episodes each

Bit comet is currently working on this!:)

What kind of show is it?

I am/was a huge Sopranos fan (all the seasons on DVD) but I think The Shield is a better show. Just my opinion though.

The Shield is the greatest tv show EVER. Only one of my mates has seen it and he also agrees. Im just going to wait till it comes out on dvd as I cant be arsed trying to watch every episode weeks apart at some crappy time on tv.

Prefer spending a whole day/evening watching a whole series.

I started watching it a few months ago on your recomemendation.

It was pretty good for the first 2 seasons and then 3 was pathetic. The whole Aceveda BJ plotline was laughable.

I kind of lost interest about half way through.

No where near as good as Sopranos or the Wire.

I started watching it a few months ago on your recomemendation.

It was pretty good for the first 2 seasons and then 3 was pathetic. The whole Aceveda BJ plotline was laughable.

I kind of lost interest about half way through.

No where near as good as Sopranos or the Wire.

Season 3 was fairly pash - although still far better than most programmes around - Season 4 onwards are easily the best ones and it just seems to get better and better

You could probably just skip season 3 as the season 4 "before bit" pretty much sums up what you need to know for future seasons

Season 5 of the shield - the best one imo - easily craps all over the sopranos, I like the wire but hard to choose between them

been recomended this show so will get round to it at some point.

but truth be told. having just finished series 5 of the wire a few months ago, all tv just seems pointless in comparision to it. i don't think anything will be as enjoyable:(

• 1 month later...

So has anyone been keeping up with it?

Last episode of it next week ( what a week btw - 24 and last ever shield)

Vic has just turned on Ronnie and is about to go up against the colombian cartels with Ronnie to try and walk away clean - Ronnie is clearly going to kill vic!!

Last weeks episode was a cracker, they granted vic immunity and a job obviously expecting a few minor ones to end up with a day long statement including half a dozen murders

Best Tv ever I reckon

Archived