Tragedy For Eddie Thomson

Deek

Guest jambomickey
When you are down you get kicked in the teeth.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7668235.stm

I really hope Eddie Thomson makes it through his illness. A real football man and chairman. This story is really sad.

agree with you mate! that's a real tragedy for him and his family. as you say i hope he wins his battle against illness

When you are down you get kicked in the teeth.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7668235.stm

I really hope Eddie Thomson makes it through his illness. A real football man and chairman. This story is really sad.

Worked with Ken about 4 years ago very briefly.

RIP Ken

PS I'm pretty sure Eddie's illness will never leave him unfortunatly.

Jesus Christ. It's just not fair. All the best to Eddie, Justine and their families.

I'm afraid that Eddie Thompson is not expected to last this week. He is an incredible club chairman and in the general impression I have gotten from talking to people up here is that he is a truely pleasent person. It is a very sad week for both his family and the general Scottish footballing community.

Remnants of Standards
I'm afraid that Eddie Thompson is not expected to last this week. He is an incredible club chairman and in the general impression I have gotten from talking to people up here is that he is a truely pleasent person. It is a very sad week for both his family and the general Scottish footballing community.

jesus, what must that be like for his daughter - losing a husband and then father soon after?. RIP.

Yes, an absolute gent who loves his club and cares deeply about it, something we can only dream of sadly. Condolences go to the whole family at this awful time for them.

stirlingshirejambo

that is a tragedy. a lot of time for a man who put his heart soul and mobey into a club he loved

rip to his son in law and condolences to the young family

Miller Jambo 60
That`s about right. :sad:

Was at Dundee and moaned my face off to a **** HEARTS team.

But what a shame , the man does not need this.

Dougie

scott herbertson

Jeez that's tough for the man and for his wife and family

puts our little kckback squabbles into perspective

Say What Again
PS I'm pretty sure Eddie's illness will never leave him unfortunatly.

That was my take on it as well Kenny. :sad:

Used to live in Dalmeny with an ex. The roads were always ridiculous, especially the one from the village down to the station.

Thoughts with the Thomsons.

The People's Chimp

Eddie thompson is a good football man and this is a tragedy. As you say, life has a way of kicking you when you're down.

Was gutted when McCurry robbed united of that league cup win last season.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Seriously? That's not good at all.

Comes across as a guy that loves his football and has done alot for United.

I heard he was not competent on a bike and he was hooring it on a Harley.

Thats why bikes are called Organ Donors, Just glad he did not kill any innocent people.

Miller Jambo 60

Thats why bikes are called Organ Donors, Just glad he did not kill any innocent people.

Not funny my mum was 43 died to cancer.

great nurse too

Not funny my mum was 43 died to cancer.

great nurse too

He's not trying to be funny

He's making a very good point, the only way someone could crash on the section he did was due to excessive speed, especially at the time and day he did when it was good conditions and very low levels of traffic

That aside no one else paid a price and I dont think its a point people should really be too concerned about at this stage.

IJ the accident was on the main A90 near dalmeny, not the village area itself.

The whole situation is made all that more tragic due to Eddie Thomson's impending demise

He's not trying to be funny

He's making a very good point, the only way someone could crash on the section he did was due to excessive speed, especially at the time and day he did when it was good conditions and very low levels of traffic

I don't know as I wasn't there but is it beyond the realms of possibility that the poor guy had a blackout / epileptic fit or even a heart attack?

I don't know as I wasn't there but is it beyond the realms of possibility that the poor guy had a blackout / epileptic fit or even a heart attack?

He didnt.

Dear Expert,

Would it be possible for you to provide me with some stats on people, who are non riders / passengers being killed in motor cycle accidents?

Would love to tally these with figures of those killed by cars who were neither driving or passengers.

Infact if you find the figure, put in a new thread on the shed... pretty poor form discussing it here.

Dear Expert,

Would it be possible for you to provide me with some stats on people, who are non riders / passengers being killed in motor cycle accidents?

Would love to tally these with figures of those killed by cars who were neither driving or passengers.

Infact if you find the figure, put in a new thread on the shed... pretty poor form discussing it here.

Agreed not the time or place for this other than to offer condolences to the family.

Goldstone Wonder

I used to know Justine quite well back in the day. Terrible news but in the light of her Dad's condition it is bordering on cruel.

Football clubs need more Eddie Thompsons, that man put everything into united and now has terminal cancer now this happens to the family.

Dont know what to say really, I live in Dundee and know the goings on and the chat and it's really sad.

Condolences and best regards to the thompson family and especially kens wife too he leaves a one year old child, total tragedy

Jambo2006

wow

could you have posted a more innapropriate statement?

given what that poor family are going through, thats the best you can do?

so low prancer, very poor

bit out of order at this time to be slavering that pesh surely

Typical Prancer mate. He only posts sheeite like that to get a reaction from folk.

Best just to ignore him. Nothing he writes is worth reading anyway.

mod edit

I dont think it is appropriate for someone like you to pass judgement on this matter after what has transpired today , the timing of your comments could not be worse , i dont get it , what is wrong with you?

Miller Jambo 60
wow

could you have posted a more innapropriate statement?

given what that poor family are going through, thats the best you can do?

so low prancer, very poor

Hope hes never next to me at a HEARTS game.:eek:

How are you Bev.

Dougie.

Miller Jambo 60
YOUR SAD MATE JKB trying to rally round for a familly with a death of 2 people.

YOU are low.

And bet you were not at DUNDEE.

I was in the Directors box, when they gubbed us 3 nil last season, i spoke to him after the game i had my son with me it was his birthday, Eddie Thomson was a true gentleman, he signed my kids baseball cap, as did Craig Levein, A True football fan who loved his club.

Rest in Peace Eddie.

Miller Jambo 60
I was in the Directors box, when they gubbed us 3 nil last season, i spoke to him after the game i had my son with me it was his birthday, Eddie Thomson was a true gentleman, he signed my kids baseball cap, as did Craig Levein, A True football fan who loved his club.

Rest in Peace Eddie.

Played mate its life or not in this case.

Im glad i was at Dundee for the guys last game.

Will stick with me.

Hearts fans sang well but we got pumpted.

I live Hearts and my wife lives with that.

HOBOS better respect the man.

Archived