8th Sept 1973...Hearts 4 Hibs 1

japanjambo

alwaysthereinspirit

#ibs goalies really are $#!t.:107years:

Amazing how many fans intermingled with the away fans.

although started going to games years earlier I was 11 in 1973 and this game always stays in my memory as the earlier ones have all been forgotten.

Atmosphere in these days was superb and the 70s was probably the ****bags best period (chokes me to say) as we were pretty dire most of the 70s.

What always surprises me is many of the guys that played that day such as John Stevenson, Bobby Prentice and Jimmy Cant to name but three had great promise but dont recall any of them having very long carreers.

The interplay between Donald Ford and Stevenson for the third was brilliant.

I believe Jimmy Cant lives in Australia as spoke to someone recently that met up with him over there and Bobby Prentice has been brought out on the tynie pitch fairly recently but John Stevenson was one I always wondered about.

alwaysthereinspirit
although started going to games years earlier I was 11 in 1973 and this game always stays in my memory as the earlier ones have all been forgotten.

Atmosphere in these days was superb and the 70s was probably the ****bags best period (chokes me to say) as we were pretty dire most of the 70s.

What always surprises me is many of the guys that played that day such as John Stevenson, Bobby Prentice and Jimmy Cant to name but three had great promise but dont recall any of them having very long carreers.

The interplay between Donald Ford and Stevenson for the third was brilliant.

I believe Jimmy Cant lives in Australia as spoke to someone recently that met up with him over there and Bobby Prentice has been brought out on the tynie pitch fairly recently but John Stevenson was one I always wondered about.

John Stevenson and Ralph Callaghan presented us with our medals at one of our presentation nights.

The breakaway goal is an absolute peach, but my favourite is Drew Busby's left-foot 'daisy-cutter'.

It must've been a bit more enjoyable than the previous derby at Tynecastle!

I would have loved to have been there, but I was only 13 days old.

Buffalo Bill

John Stevenson and Ralph Callaghan presented us with our medals at one of our presentation nights.

was that recently? or in there playing days

Is Stevenson a local guy? dont know much about him or where he moved to

alwaysthereinspirit
was that recently? or in there playing days

Is Stevenson a local guy? dont know much about him or where he moved to

Sorry. I meant in their playing days. Was probably around 74/75.

This was the derby after the 7-0.

A memorable day as it was my 12th birthday. Went to the game sporting my brand new scarf and tammy that was my present from Dad.

During the late 60's/ early 70's Dad would take me to ER one week and Tynie the next. This wasn't uncommon back then, and to be honest, Hibs had a better side and better players. He maybe thought I could stray.

The maroon and white scarf and tammy from Thompson's Sports was enough to keep me on the path of righteousness, and that small gift has probably turned out to be worth more than a hundred PS3's or XBoxes.

That brought back happy memories - 3 goals in 2 minutes, 2 of them for us. And Donald Ford's first goal against them.

Nice to see Tiny Wharton in the mid 60's game too - a ref who took no s**t off anyone.

scott herbertson
Highlights up now on Hearts TV! :toasting:

Lynn:ninja:

First 'real' derby win I saw after 9 years following Hearts. Fantastic day for those of us who had been at the new Years Day game before

The breakaway goal is an absolute peach, but my favourite is Drew Busby's left-foot 'daisy-cutter'.

It must've been a bit more enjoyable than the previous derby at Tynecastle!

I would have loved to have been there, but I was only 13 days old.

Buffalo Bill

Hahaha and call yer self a fan.

Schaedler(or Prentice), Ford, Busby, Aird the boys who *****ed the Hibees as we used to sing when I was a (younger) lad.

Cappuccino Kid

It was my 9th birthday and my 1st derby game. Remember watching the game behind the goals in the Gorgie Road end.

Looking back i'm glad my dad thought i was too young for the previous game & made this my 1st derby experience.

First 'real' derby win I saw after 9 years following Hearts. Fantastic day for those of us who had been at the new Years Day game before

Altthough we pumped them 4-1 that day,the previous New years day game wasnt put to bed with me untill that semi:107years:

Who can remember the song sung in memory of that game?

Schaedler(or Prentice), Ford, Busby, Aird the boys who *****ed the Hibees as we used to sing when I was a (younger) lad.

It was Schaedler who scored the own goal at the Gorgie road end:)

peebles jambo

i was at that game, standing under the shed in front of the pie stand, the atmosphere was electric, brilliant, i was 17 then

What about the wee clip 2-5 at Fester - as the wee ditty used to go, Jambos here Jambos there Jambos everything ****in where,nanananananaanananana -- hahahahahaha classic

I was taken by my big brother as my 10th birthday pressie.

Remember the day well, the goals quite well.

Thanks big bro.

I was there with my dad and two of my uncles. I'd been to matches previously and been a fan since I could walk and talk, but that match and a visit to the ground, a tour of the place and being introduced to Willie Bauld at his shop cemented a bond that all the years and miles since could not sever.

The three goals in the second half were all excellent. On Busby's daisycutter...in his words " I think I mi**** it!" :coolgleamA:

I absolutely love those old goal net frames!

Lynn:ninja:

i was gutted because at 11 years old was made to go on holiday with folks to gt yarmouth especially as i was at the previous game had to wait a while before i saw a derby win one of the reasons why i never get bored of beating them

One of my best memories, first time i ever saw us beat the vermin.

They were waving banners of the previous score, but we sure sent them home sick.:)

I would go as far as saying I had never seen any trouble at Derby games until this day. Can any of the older ones say if i'm talking cack.

Can someone youtube it please

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Anyone know who our goalkeeper was?:rolleyes:

Well ah'm pretty sure it wisnae you, Kenny. It was your fault we lost 7-0 in the previous game. ;)

Cruikie, almost certainly.

Archived