Do you remember your 1st Derby at Easter Rd

JamboPete

Just reminiscing over amazing matches against the wee team.

I will always remember my very first visit to easter rd, it was the 25th august 1984, the day after my 10th birthday, I wore my new Hearts away strip, the silver umbro one.

I will always remember it because Hearts won 2-1, with Derek O'Connor scoring in the very last minute, it was truly amazing.

What about everybody elses experiences?:)

Mine was that famous Scottish Cup match when Foster put it through Leighton's legs. Not a bad first match eh?

:)

My first one was about 94/95 John Colquhon scored a double in a 2-0 win, both were peach's!!!

I was in the main stand and remember how great it looked behind the goal when hearts scored :)

Sometime around 1986/87.

We won 3-1.

I remember my uncle Pete saying that he was disappointed with their late consolation goal because "it took the shine off the result".

I'd take 3-1 on Sunday though.

My first Derby at Fester was the 2-1 win when Elvis scored a penalty with a few minutes to go.

Since then I think I've only missed 3 Derbies there, Garry O'Connor's last minute winner under Tepi, the Paul Hartley equaliser game and the CIS Cup Parade :(:(:(

Never shall I miss a Derby there again!

I will always remember my very first visit to easter rd, it was the 25th august 1984, the day after my 10th birthday, I wore my new Hearts away strip, the silver umbro one.

I will always remember it because Hearts won 2-1, with Derek O'Connor scoring in the very last minute, it was truly amazing.

Same first away derby for me

Hibernian 1 - 3 Heart of Midlothian

3-0 up at half-time.

Cameron with two and Robertson with the 3rd I think.

Next derby after that was 4-0.

My first one was about 94/95 John Colquhon scored a double in a 2-0 win, both were peach's!!!

I was in the main stand and remember how great it looked behind the goal when hearts scored :)

Was one of them a lob over leighton? I remember my first game and it sounds like this one. I was behind the goal aged 12 year old. I found a fiver and my dad used it for drinks after the game!! :)

Hibs 3-0 Hearts

1 January 1976

One for Smith and two for Duncan all before the half-hour mark.

Fan got carried out with a dart in his heid.

Ahhh, the good old days.

don't know the exact year, sometime in the early 80s, 2-1 hearts i seem to remember.

also seem to remember being in an entirely different area of the terrace to the one which i was in before one of hearts goals, good old fashioned goal-fuelled terracing pandemonium.

Guest jambomickey
Hibs 3-0 Hearts

1 January 1976

One for Smith and two for Duncan all before the half-hour mark.

Fan got carried out with a dart in his heid.

Ahhh, the good old days.

that was my first aswell mate! can't remember much about it though because i was only 7 years old at the time

85/86 season - 0-0

Torrential rain and Sandy Clark missing a sitter. From memory he rounded the keeper and put it wide.

same game for me. I think his miss was at the Hibs end and he sidefooted a low cross wide a la Chris Iwelumo.

Was one of them a lob over leighton? I remember my first game and it sounds like this one. I was behind the goal aged 12 year old. I found a fiver and my dad used it for drinks after the game!! :)

Yeah that was the one.....good times :107years:

its also amazing how many first time's at easter road were hearts wins, we do have a great record there

(long may it continue)

Same as me. Bit of crowd trouble as well iirc, due to Kane being offside when he scored?

Mine was 83/4 season on or around November 5th - I remember a few bangers/fireworks being flung - 1-1 draw with Robbo scoring if my memory is working.

Johnny Sandiego

The first game i remember going to at Easter Road was the 4-1 game in 1991. From memory there had been a bit of trouble at the previous easter road game, so my mum told my dad to take extra care of me as i was only about 6 at the time.

Unfortunatly he got rumbled, as TV footage of the match shows him running wildly down the stairs in the old enclosure, towards MacKay as he celebrated the 3rd, clearly abandoning his son in the process!

East of Scotland Sheild 1982, attendance circa 10,000.

Hibs won with a late goal from Jackie MacNamara, and I remember the big double East Terrace.

In the league, it was around April 1984. 0-0. All I remember about it was the walk up the hill to the top of the Dunbar End.

Some of my greatest Hearts' memories have been standing there.

Buffalo Bill

Dr Ian Malcolm

New Years Day 1996, lost 2-1. Pointon scored for us, Harper and O'Neil for them. The game when Eskilsson missed an open goal 'cause "the crowd was too loud".

Next one exactly a year later was much better.

Neil Strevens

:107years:

My first derby at Easter Road was in,er, 1962. 4-0 win (Paton 3, Cumming). After the game I still remember looking back down Easter Road and seeing thousands of Hearts fans indulging in the new chant of the time ('Jam Tarts').:)

that was my first aswell mate! can't remember much about it though because i was only 7 years old at the time

Cropley ripped us to pieces that game.

Cappuccino Kid

October 76 with Bobby Prentice hitting a lat equaliser in a 1-1 draw is the 1st i remember but am sure i was at ER before possibly 1976 New year game as previously mentioned but have omitted it from my memory.

East of Scotland Sheild 1982, attendance circa 10,000.

Hibs won with a late goal from Jackie MacNamara, and I remember the big double East Terrace.

In the league, it was around April 1984. 0-0. All I remember about it was the walk up the hill to the top of the Dunbar End.

Some of my greatest Hearts' memories have been standing there.

Buffalo Bill

Known to us older folks as the mountain

First derby at ER for me as well. Did Hearts fans invade the pitch after Hibs went one up?

My first game at the piggery was Hearts first premier league match 1975 hobos won 1-0 that fat barsteward Harper.Does anyone remember when we played them 3 times in a month at the piggery? 1 was a scottish cup tie.

My first derby at Fester Road was in 1983 in a 1 - 1 draw. Hibs scored through somebody called Bobby Thomson and young John Robertson equalized in the second half (i think). I remember they had an electronic scoreboard above their shed behind the goal, it kept repeating "well done Bobby Thomson" with an image of a hand clap, strange how it went off when Robbo scored though eh!? I went to most derbys at Fester Road, up until 1996, when Neil Pointon scored early for us and Hans Eskilsson missed a sitter, saying the noise of the crowd put him off! Think we lost 2-1...new years day! It was the first time i'd seen us lose down there and i said at the time i'd never go back there again. I did go back to the ground but not for Hibs matches, went to a St Johnstone semi-final which we lost 3-0 in 1998/99 and last time i was down at that hole was when we lost to Motherwell in another semi-final, after extra time. I did miss the other semi we played there, against Dundee which we won 3-1 in 96. Didn't go cause it was too close to when we lost that new year!

1974 lost 2-1 at ER

Jimmy Cant scored an o.g,

Kenny Garland saved two penalties,

Donald Ford scored a penalty for us

Mum worked beside John Brownlie's wife/ girlfriend so got tickets from him unfortunately for the Hibs bit of the stand. Dad was quite prepared to take on a section of the stand because one of them told his 7 yr old "hearts *******" son to stop waving his scarf.

All in all an interesting introduction to the Edinburgh derby !!

Sometime in the mid 70's the Terracing had still got the top section. Lots of trouble it might have been the year they opened St James Shopping Centre. Running battles through the car park. Don't know anything about the game.:eek:

1987 or 88 . It was 2-2 with Hibs romping ahead 2-0 quite early in the game. I remember J.C lobbing one in but i can`t remember the other goal?

It was absolutely pessing down all night and the atmosphere was electric. I was right next to the vermin with just that scabby old fence dividing the fans.

There was as much entertainment there as on the park! For the record i was 14 years old.

Francis Albert
Long time ago, Hibs went 2-0 up, we wond 3-2. TV highlights were in B&W.

Would that be 1966? My first ER derby, or at least the first I remember. We were 2-0 down and got one back before half-time. Someone said something like "we'll stuff 'em down the slope in the second half". And we did exactly that.

Mine was 88 or 89 when it was 1-1 i think, really a bit of a blur as i was only 5 or 6. Just remember the hearts terracing was packed and lots of ill feeling. Bannon scored IIRC

Mine was 88 or 89 when it was 1-1 i think, really a bit of a blur as i was only 5 or 6. Just remember the hearts terracing was packed and lots of ill feeling. Bannon scored IIRC

I think that was mine.

The Foster derby, my dad always says that was the day I became a real Hearts fan :)

I remember walking back up Easter Road after the game and people had 21st Birthday baloons and banners, great day to be had by all

:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

FTH

4th November 1978, a 2-1 win at ER. Dennis McQuade and Derek O'Connor.

thats my 1st ER derby too, oh how i celebrated............... downing merrymate all night. :P

Just looked on london hearts it was 4th nov 89, i was at the next game too, the 6-3 against dundee. Mesmerised by Colquhoun hat trick that day:)

Its been a long time baby

Think this my 1st as well. Sitting in the old stand which we had a part off, seem to mind we had a lot of fans in the old cow shed as well. Hibs scored just before halftime, mind the Hearts fans letting a flare off in the dunbar end. Robbo scored a cracker in the 2nd half.

My first derby at Fester Road was in 1983 in a 1 - 1 draw. Hibs scored through somebody called Bobby Thomson and young John Robertson equalized in the second half (i think).

Same !

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19831105.html

Robbo scored an equaliser with a huge deflection past bawheid Rough at the far end of Fester. I can remember my Dad sitting me on a crush barrier so I could see properly as there was a huge Hearts support. If you watch the goal from that game you will notice hundreds of Hearts supporters in the Hibs end when we score.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/images/goldpages/1983110501.htm

Same !

Robbo scored an equaliser with a huge deflection past bawheid Rough at the far end of Fester. I can remember my Dad sitting me on a crush barrier so I could see properly as there was a huge Hearts support. If you watch the goal from that game you will notice hundreds of Hearts supporters in the Hibs end when we score.

it came off eric shaedler's erse and curled roond an even bigger erse in the goal.

Same !

i was on the trackside, beside the corner flag, between the cow shed & east terracing. forgetting where i was, i jumped up when the ball hit the net................. the view of the dunbar end when robbo scored was magic.

Would that be 1966? My first ER derby, or at least the first I remember. We were 2-0 down and got one back before half-time. Someone said something like "we'll stuff 'em down the slope in the second half". And we did exactly that.

First i remember too. I'm sure Willie Wallace scored a couple - close to his last game for us iirc

Stupid Sexy Flanders

My first trip to the MethaDome was only a few seasons ago. 1-1 with Paul Hartley equalizing. When the goal went in someone let off a massive smoke bomb and I couldn't see a thing! I got a letter from the cops about a week later asking if I could help them catch the culprit! (I assume everyone in that section got one.)

Archived