Drunk as a lord?

Dr. Bapswent

ye know what... if you hadn't put "drunk as" at the top of this, i wouldn't have listened as attentively.

listening and "thinking" he's half cut makes that interview quite funny to listen to...

having fully listened to that - it's clear the press where desperate for him to slate Boyd.

he's made it clear he's picking the team based on form and commitment.

maybe the first half tactics were wrong - but the 2nd half was. pity it was 45min too late.

wonder how many Ranger's players will be wanting to walk now that Barry Backpass has indicated (via Burley) that he can't wait to play again for Scotland ?

listening to that - it's clear that the media are desperate to kick off a campaign of discontent based on OF players not being selected for Scotland.

The funny thing about Burley is whenever I hear him speak, he always sounds like he's pished! Still don't think he's an alchie though - and I think he fought his corner pretty effectively in this press conference. Stuart Bathgate and Darryl Broadfoot both penned articles this morning pinning the blame on Boyd in any case.

harming his country every day apparently.

All that was needed was for him to bend one of his female colleagues over the desk while counting fivers stuffed into a brown envelope and we'd have the Full Burley. :rolleyes:

Nucky Thompson
harming his country every day apparently.
Well that's two players in the last month who have quit the international squad blaming St George:rolleyes:

Well that's two players in the last month who have quit the international squad blaming St George:rolleyes:

Not true, McCulloch said nothing of the sort.

The press however, they decided it was an issue between McCulloch and Burley. Given that McCulloch had not been fit for selection under Burley and had never previously played underneath him, I would find it hard to believe (unless somebody can enlighten me) that he had issues with Burley.

Marmeladent?rtchen

Has anyone got any proof that Burley has a drink problem!!!

I keep hearing it but no proof other then he sounds drunk when he talks and comments like "my mate seen him ****ed in Lulu once when he was at Hearts" etc.

I keep hearing it but no proof other then he sounds drunk when he talks and comments like "my mate seen him ****ed in Lulu once when he was at Hearts" etc.

No-one has any proof at all. But c'mon, we're football fans! Football fans think it's impossible for any manager to leave a club without having either an alcohol problem, a drug addiction, or shagging a player's wife, owner's niece, underage boy or all of the above. The reality just doesn't come into it.

I reckon his blood must be about '80% proof'.

The laptop loyal are baying for blood. Boyd is no loss in my opinion, he is quick to spit the dummy for his country but sits on the bench every week for Rangers.

Burley is right, Scotland need players who want the jersey and are prepared to fight for it.

Its starting to seem like Burley my be a hard character to work with? Does this maybe suggest Romanov had a point? I did think though that Burley handled the press really well. I just hope Iwelumo gets another shot!

Interesting interview, which I felt Burley handled very well.

Wee side point, Burley suggested that there were two things a player can do to impress him : Play well for your team or perform in training.

We all know he has been in and out of the R@ng*rs team, as for the second part, I was watching Soccer AM on Saturday, they have a section called "teammates" where they ask a football player questions about his teammates, best this and worst that. This week it was Darren Fletcher talking about his Scotland teammates. When asked about Worst Trainer, he answered "Kris Boyd - he never moves".

The defence rests.

Burley speaks a lot of sense there.

Also puts the question of why he doesn't play for Rangers to the media so that they can't put it all on him.

Interesting interview, which I felt Burley handled very well.

Wee side point, Burley suggested that there were two things a player can do to impress him : Play well for your team or perform in training.

We all know he has been in and out of the R@ng*rs team, as for the second part, I was watching Soccer AM on Saturday, they have a section called "teammates" where they ask a football player questions about his teammates, best this and worst that. This week it was Darren Fletcher talking about his Scotland teammates. When asked about Worst Trainer, he answered "Kris Boyd - he never moves".

The defence rests.

Not that Burley had to justify anything put your post BigH pretty much proves(for me) that he was spot on.

Slurring aside I thought it was a great interview with Burley saying all the right things. "Passion and commitment for your country" was a nice get it up you for boyd to chew on.

Oh how good it would be to have him in is hearts tracksuit again.

Era Macaroons
Its starting to seem like Burley my be a hard character to work with? Does this maybe suggest Romanov had a point?

No,has no bearing on Vlad situation.

Burley is the national team manager getting grief from the press......and dealt with it superbly.......Boyd is a wee ferret thats greeting cos he didnt get a game and has turned his back on his country.

No,has no bearing on Vlad situation.

Burley is the national team manager getting grief from the press......and dealt with it superbly.......Boyd is a wee ferret thats greeting cos he didnt get a game and has turned his back on his country.

Oh I know that, couldnt agree more, but I thought there was quite a few? Or I guess that just the press?

http://www.skysports.com/socceram/story/0,21644,13873_4244798,00.html

WORST TRAINER

Kris Boyd. He hardly moves' date=' doesn't run, doesn't like doing anything, but put the ball in the box and he will score nine times out of ten. He's one of the best finishers I've seen but in terms of enthusiasm and work rate he's probably the worst trainer. [/quote']

Interesting, I wonder how long THAT will stay on the Soccer AM website? ;)

Archived