Which young scottish players does Csaba have his eye on?

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

I remember on the epic thread of the "Csaba tonight" where he was talking to fans, something that appeared to be missed under the issue of Glen was this bit of info:

He also said he had made up a list of 20 players he liked, and that his policy was to sign promising young Scottish players who he could coach and develop into quality players that could in turn be sold for 3 million pounds.

so it made me wonder which young scottish players he might be going for. Is he going for youth players who at the age of 16 or above could be great, or is it 20-22 year olds who may not of have had the best start but got potential.

Any young scots you would go for?

For me I would quite like us to go for James MacArthur of Hamilton and if we could afford it Scott Arfield. Also would of been nice to have tried to get Kevin MacDonald before he went to Burnley.

I remember on the epic thread of the "Csaba tonight" where he was talking to fans, something that appeared to be missed under the issue of Glen was this bit of info:

so it made me wonder which young scottish players he might be going for. Is he going for youth players who at the age of 16 or above could be great, or is it 20-22 year olds who may not of have had the best start but got potential.

Any young scots you would go for?

For me I would quite like us to go for James MacArthur of Hamilton and if we could afford it Scott Arfield. Also would of been nice to have tried to get Kevin MacDonald before he went to Burnley.

The romanovs clearly dont want to spend that sort of money on players any more and probably rightly.

We signed a Dundee utd youth player during the summer however

i'd have him pay 2mill for Boyd and punt him for 3mill 6months later.

put aside the Scotland thing (I think he has been out of order there) - I think Boyd is a good player who would bang in goals for us. i'd take him with a guarantee in his contract to start every game (provided he was fit) in order to help him get a move onto a bigger club.

end of the day - if a player wants to use us to get a better job and it helps us with improved performances and hopefully a profit - then i'd take the risk.

jamboinglasgow
Neil MacFarlane's a good player.

but not exactly a young player sadly. Did amire the man, could play in any posistion during a match even if the manager didn't order him to. he has sooo much energy.

jamboinglasgow
The romanovs clearly dont want to spend that sort of money on players any more and probably rightly.

We signed a Dundee utd youth player during the summer however

Ah Jordon Love, bit odd one that because I think Dundee United released him. The hearts scouts and staff must of seen some potential in him.

But I think you'll find alot of clubs are now moving to this kind of transfer dealing. Every day you read in the gossip page about premiership teams trying to snap up youngsters as it is much more cost effective to build a player up while buying him cheaply than to buy a fully ready play at full price.

Premiership teams may not spend as much over the next few transfer windows and more would be spent on young players. If we can find a good youngster it can benefit us alot, if we build them up and get a great player out of them then it will benefit the team, if we have a constant supply of promising players coming through than we can sell some on at a profit and move the next player in, it benefits all.

Ah Jordon Love, bit odd one that because I think Dundee United released him. The hearts scouts and staff must of seen some potential in him.

But I think you'll find alot of clubs are now moving to this kind of transfer dealing. Every day you read in the gossip page about premiership teams trying to snap up youngsters as it is much more cost effective to build a player up while buying him cheaply than to buy a fully ready play at full price.

Premiership teams may not spend as much over the next few transfer windows and more would be spent on young players. If we can find a good youngster it can benefit us alot, if we build them up and get a great player out of them then it will benefit the team, if we have a constant supply of promising players coming through than we can sell some on at a profit and move the next player in, it benefits all.

Thanks for explaining.

The difference is money though.

A top EPL player costs millions and a youth a fraction of that so its far more attractive.

In scotland top SPL players can be picked up for a few hundred k or freebies from down south thus not much of a saving over say your Templetons or Copils

Personally I think we need to move away from being so dependent on the youth set up for players and look to recruit through more than one channel.

Yes youth is important but so is bringing in proven players at this level who can compete, players such as Gavin Rae, Paddy Cregg and Steven Hughes as examples only of good SPL players available for peanuts recently, in fact less than what we spent on Copil.

A top EPL player costs millions and a youth a fraction of that so its far more attractive.

In scotland top SPL players can be picked up for a few hundred k or freebies from down south thus not much of a saving over say your Templetons or Copils

Personally I think we need to move away from being so dependent on the youth set up for players and look to recruit through more than one channel.

Yes youth is important but so is bringing in proven players at this level who can compete, players such as Gavin Rae, Paddy Cregg and Steven Hughes as examples only of good SPL players available for peanuts recently, in fact less than what we spent on Copil.

Patrick Cregg's ****e.

I think the issue of a list was ignored because Romanov appears to have ignored every "list" of targets from the previous 5 windows

IMO we are more likely to go into administration than sign anybody from a managers "list" so topics such as this should be equally banned / censored as being even less likely to happen......and all they do is raise false hope leading to greater negative depths of feelings about Romanov as a result of being let down AGAIN, and are therefore such discussions are harmful to the club in the long term....;)

It's one thing looking to bring in young players and coach them into better players but it's another to play them in the first team. A lot of our own youngsters don't even get a sniff of a chance, even a place on the bench! Some of them have been at Hearts for a few years now and they've made little to no impact, why would anyone with any ambition come to us when they clearly see what happens here? For what it's worth, we should be looking to bring promising young players to the club but that's down to the scouts, who wouldn't know a decent player if they bit them on the bum! There's been a few promising players at other clubs over the last 2/3 years but what have we done about it? Hee-haw! The sooner the whole club is gutted from top to bottom the better, we might just see a team and a club again we can be proud of instead of being a laughing stock.

Tbh I quite like the idea of holding trials for players released by top flight clubs from a decent standard (i.e EPL, SPL,France etc) and looking for a few gems released elsewhere

I am talking about players aged 17-23 coached at a decent level who may have something to offer

We don't really have much to lose and I think its a better source of players than where the romanov regime are looking as the players they bring in on the whole are pash or dont suit the scottish game.

Csaba has one eye on his bank balance and the other on the exit door. If my arithmetic serves me well, that leaves no eyes at all sizing up young Scottish talent.

Csaba has one eye on his bank balance and the other on the exit door. If my arithmetic serves me well, that leaves no eyes at all sizing up young Scottish talent.

Yes because Csaba will be making a fortune as manager of a top club after hearts!!

The guys a nobody and will milk romanov for every penny

He's a yes man who says what people want to hear with no power to deliver AKA Rixy, Valdas, Malofeev and all the other faceless no marks

jamboinglasgow

I think there are many ways of doing it, and I am not saying just sign youth. I think what we need is experenced players for the first team at the moment. The 28 years + players that have had experence and know what to do with the team, this allows younger players to have someone to look up to and guide them in a match. I would add to that the experenced players need to be leaders, we need another steven pressely, a character who players respected and who was a wise head for the team.

I do get your point that there are many players of standard for the spl who could be picked up cheaply but I still maintain that if you train and raise a youngster who has been scouted well than what could come out of that could be much better than the standard of the spl. Teams like Barca may have alot more money and so can buy in better players but they also raise players from the ranks. So while they can buy Hleb and Henry who are great players for the spanish league, the likes of Bojan and Messi coming though would cost them so much money to buy in.

Yes Copil cost a few hundred thousand which is big money but I think had he (and there is still a chance he might) become good I think he would be easily worth five times that figure. The problem was that he came at a turblant time and when he started to get homesick there was no structure to fully help him, JM tried but if we had Csaba at the time when Copil signed I think he would of been a much easier time for him.

I think if hearts utilised the youth academy to the best it can and get coaches working as best they can with experenced footballers who can help provide direction to youngsters than there is no reason for us not to utilise such a policy

I would like to see Hearts sign the best young players that we can afford, irrespective of nationality. The good thing about signing Scottish players, or foreign players that have succeeded here, is that we would have an idea as to how they would settle in to the club.

Recently, there was a thread asking who we would like Hearts to sign (realistically) from other Scottish clubs, I suggested a few there.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29171

Archived