Nissan Qashqai owners out there

269miles

Are there any JKBers who own a Qasqai or know anything about them.

A mate who owns a 1.6 petrol version has been told that the timing belt will have to be replaced after only 11,500 miles (from new). He's a bit p-ed off because he reckons that means another ?100 every year when he gets the annual service done.

Anyone got any similar experiences ?

Timimg belts usually need changed around 60,000 miles. At least they do on Toyotas.

Yer mechanic is pulling yer pudd.

i work in a nissan dealer and you do not get the belt changed at 11,500 miles

can't remember of hand when it has to be changed but would say round about 60,000 to 70,000 miles or 5 years

off work for two days but will look when i get back and let you know

Not got a Qashqai but perhaps your mate's timing belt has been damaged and that's why it's needing replaced?

Though how they'd diagnose that is a baffler to me without a physical inspection of it - and you'd not expect that at a 1-year service...would you?

Not got a Qashqai but perhaps your mate's timing belt has been damaged and that's why it's needing replaced?

Though how they'd diagnose that is a baffler to me without a physical inspection of it - and you'd not expect that at a 1-year service...would you?

if it has been damaged it should be replaced under warranty and done asap

so i would get your mate to find out why his mech told him it needs to be replaced

if it has been damaged it should be replaced under warranty and done asap

so i would get your mate to find out why his mech told him it needs to be replaced

Would it?

A warranty may cover it if its dodgy workmanship/manufacture.

If its due to poor maintaiance, driving etc it wouldnt be

Agree though that it needs to be clarified why it needs replaced asap if something has damaged it there may be a serious underlying cause

was back at work today and the qashqai 1.6 dose not have a timing belt it has a timing chain so their is no way that will need replaced for a long time

the guy may have ment the drive belt but that should not need raplaced yet

so i would find out what your mech was talking about

had a timing chain in my last vehicle it was a nightmare. The tensioners go when the chain stretches and need to be replaced along with the chain.

Archived