Peter Kay Channel 4

RoyCropper

Peter Kay's new show which is a spoof of Britains Got Talent and X Factor is on just now, critics say its brilliant.

Has been hilarious so far.

Anyone else watching?:)

Can't decide if this is funny or the worst thing I've ever seen in my life.

The latter.

Can't believe he's been making this when he could have used that time doing Pheonix Nights season 3.

jamboinglasgow
Can't decide if this is funny or the worst thing I've ever seen in my life.

I am two minds about it, its making me laugh at times, but still not overjoyed. Hopefully with Peter Kay up next it should make it easier to decide.

lasted 15 mins.. girlfriend was like.. WHY ARE WE WATCHING THIS?

Now watching Spongebob on some kiddies channel, Much better. :o

as poor as the show is .... it adds to the thread from a few weeks ago about ferne and holly ... now add Cat .. she is nae bad indeed.

i think its problem is its too much of an affectionate spoof. i hate all these kind of shows, so seeing them lampooned is pretty funny, but it appears they're trying not to put off those who do like those kind of shows.

Carl Spackler

It's not that much different from the crap it's taking the **** out of. Trying to be funny in a Spinal Tap way but mostly failing.

Just make more episodes of Phoenix Nights Peter eh? There's a good lad. That's we all want!

ye im watchin it, not his best bit of work but its better than anything else that has been on tv tonight lol.....jus seen an advert for that big brother zombie thing looks pretty good

Peter Kays medley as Geraldine was genius. Had to pause it and rewind was laughing so hard.

Brilliant.

The programme has been worth it for that 5 minutes alone

Just like the whole of Max and Paddy was worth it for the dance training culminating in the sailor routine and the gag about the Krankies

I can't believe anybody enjoyed that.

That was absolutely shocking.

It was like Kay was too scared to properly spoof those kind of shows just in case he upset his idiot fanbase.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
That was truelly awful.

It didn't even really take the **** out of Xfactor/Pop Idol.

Absolutely dire.

That's what I didn't get. It just turned out to be X-Factor but on Channel 4!

The ONLY funny bit was when Cat Deeley told the audience to shut the **** up.

Poor, poor, poor!

Its quite offensive to the british public that they think this would be funny.

Had just turned it on on C4+1 after seeing this and its truly horrendous

Apart from anything X-Factor auditions are rather funny on their own especially when Cowell rips into them

jambos are go!

Made me laugh and I thought it was a pretty good parody. Two up Two Down singing Tragedy was a brilliant idea.

What opportunities for parody did it miss I ask and how could it have been better?

I watched it all night and I really enjoyed it. Very clever.

2 up, 2 down, Tragedy and Waterfall - hilarious.

R Wayne, R Mum and R Gran.

Geraldine's mum was funny too.

Free Nelson Mandella...ella ella, my umbrella. Classic. :bravo:

Watched it for about 5 minutes and it had to be the ****t.est thing I'd seen in a long while. Thankfully Kingpin was on to lift the spirits.

Sexton Hardcastle

Despy Houswives finale on E4 was a cracker. New series starts next sunday funnily enough. Ahhh Eva Longoria

That's what I didn't get. It just turned out to be X-Factor but on Channel 4!

The ONLY funny bit was when Cat Deeley told the audience to shut the **** up.

Poor, poor, poor!

Agreed. I was watching it (don't ask why) but the only time I actually laughed was when she shouted.

The rest of it though...dear me! :rofl: WHY?!

I thought it was pretty good.Very clever.esp the bit where after 2 up 2 down were singing after it they just cut straight for a break.They also kept changing the price of the calls at the bottom of the page.Better than the usual **** that is on.

jambos are go!

I thought It took the Mickey out of folk who watch these shows as much as the shows themselves and some viewers did not take to it..

To get through Xfactor is a good example with a Granny in her twenties, a tragically widowed dad etc. Gets the viewers but tough luck if your just a good singer.

I find Peter Kay quite funny most of the time, but that show last night was terrible. Absolutely dire.

I thought it was really good. Loads of laugh-out-loud moments, basically just a funny, but gentle, pis$ take of those types of shows. No, it wasn't a Chris Morrisesque savage satire but so what? I enjoyed it.

Also, if it was so appalling, tragic, dire and pathetically unfunny, why did some of you watch both parts, hmmmm?

I can't believe anybody enjoyed that.

That was absolutely shocking.

It was like Kay was too scared to properly spoof those kind of shows just in case he upset his idiot fanbase.

He made out that one contestants didnt get in as they didnt have a sob story, only for his Gran to die and Pete Waterman to interrupt the funeral and invite him back in, plus the other 2 'contestants' were either transexual or crippled. If thats not spoofing those kind of shows i dont know what is!

I thought it was brilliant myself, not as good as his other stuff but funnier than anything else ive seen on the box recently.

I sky+ it but missed the 1st part & only watched the results show (by mistake) anyway is there a part 2? Is it back on or am i missin something?? Been on channel 4 website but is keek! Is it just me or has it not been well advertised at all? (the prgramme times i mean)

Archived