Grylls, Mears or Parry

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Bear Grylls, Ray Mears or Bruce Parry?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Bear Grylls, Ray Mears or Bruce Parry?

• Bear Grylls
    • Ray Mears
    • Bruce Parry
    • Christian Nade - I could sleep inside him and eat his fat to survive

Who would you rather have with you if you were stuck in the middle of nowhere and had to survive for a week?

Bear-Grylls-Shirtless.jpg

ray-mears.jpg

bruceparry_468x595.jpg

I'm going to go for Bear Grylls with Parry a close second.

Ray Mears is a bit too boring for my liking and Bear Grylls always seems to do ridiculous things like sleep inside Zebras or climb down 500 ft cliffs .... he's a risk taker!

I'm warming to Bruce Parry though, he is another mentalist and he's willing to try a lot of dodgy drugs! :)

This thread is of no importance at all. I'm just terribly hungover and a bit bored.

Vote away! :)

Has to be Mears in direct answer to your question. As has already been covered in a few kickback topics and online alot of grylls stuff is set up or faked. While his programs are interesting aswell as entertaining I think I'd have to go with Mears for genuine knowledge and practical skills.

Has to be Mears in direct answer to your question. As has already been covered in a few kickback topics and online alot of grylls stuff is set up or faked. While his programs are interesting aswell as entertaining I think I'd have to go with Mears for genuine knowledge and practical skills.

But could you trust a fat survival expert?

I'm not so sure.

Parry would probably be able to tell you what is smokable or not, although on the down side he does look a bit like Ben off of Big Cook, Little Cook who is a total tool. Still undecided, may vote later on.

Parry would probably be able to tell you what is smokable or not, although on the down side he does look a bit like Ben off of Big Cook, Little Cook who is a total tool. Still undecided, may vote later on.

It's tough. Take as long as you need.

But could you trust a fat survival expert?

I'm not so sure.

All the more reason to trust him. Lives in the wilderness, comes back fatter than he went. Stands to reason he is good at it. Could probably find a cream cake in the desert.

All the more reason to trust him. Lives in the wilderness, comes back fatter than he went. Stands to reason he is good at it. Could probably find a cream cake in the desert.

What about when he has to fight a crocodile?

His layers of fat will probably lead to your death ....

What about when he has to fight a crocodile?

His layers of fat will probably lead to your death ....

He's a judo black belt, the croc would have no chance.

He's a judo black belt, the croc would have no chance.

Hmmm in that case you have a point.

However, his chances of dying of a heart attack are much bigger than the others due to being a fatty.

Risky business this.

Has to be Parry.

He likes getting mad with it.

He'd find some tree root and make it into a big biffter and go on some drug crazed, hallucination bender while wearing a head-dress fashioned from a turnip.

Seems like a good sort of a guy to me.

feck he really is INSANE! brilliant program though. Highly entertaining aswell as interesting.

Watched an episode tonight on C4 where he is in Zambia. Unreal!

He had the sh*ts from eating dodgy bugs and was climbing up a cliff face when he had to stop and have a dump as he was climbing up. Superb.

You just don't get that kind of entertainment from Fatty Mears.

Hmmm in that case you have a point.

However, his chances of dying of a heart attack are much bigger than the others due to being a fatty.

Risky business this.

If he does keel over with a heart attack, just start eating him as you said he is a fatty, enough meat on him to last a week.

doenermann_2.gif

He had the sh*ts from eating dodgy bugs and was climbing up a cliff face when he had to stop and have a dump as he was climbing up. Superb.

Mears wouldn't give himself the runs from eating dodgy bugs, that's why he's the obvious winner for this poll.

feck he really is INSANE! brilliant program though. Highly entertaining aswell as interesting.

Just turned the one on Discovery Channel on.

See his face after that wasp sting! :eek::eek::eek:

New Series is in barren rocky wastelands in i think Mexico. He has just chopped the head off a skunk, quality!

just seen the clip before the break where it looks as if he is getting honey from a bee hive. he gets stung to feck and his head is so swolen he looks like an alien, mentalist!

Just turned the one on Discovery Channel on.

See his face after that wasp sting! :eek::eek::eek:

aye, must be excruitating. he hasn't faked that anyway!

Bear is my fave. but I'd still pick Mears as my guide if i was stranded somewhere.

He just peed into a snake skin and is about to drink his own p***.

What a guy!

Sorry but Mears and Grylls are a pair on mincers in comparison to Parry.

When have either of those 2 blousers ever gotten crunked up on poisonous frog venom and gone mental for about 12 hours, whilst chanting about a sacred wolf who lived by a tree with a bunch of tribesman?

The Parry is a true legend.

jamboinglasgow

has to be mears, Gills acts like he has to impress by doing outlandish things, Parry is just crazy. Mears acts boring because he doesn't need to do anything exciting unless it is strictly nessecary. But when that happens it will be a spectacular event. He knows what to eat, what to do in every event and I am sure will kill a crocadile with just one look.

Good to see our SAS doesn't just produce writers but also survival presenters. Wonder what they will produce next.

Parry would be too busy eating every mushroom and berry in sight, tripping off his nut.

Grylls would have his chopper pick him up and take him to the nearest hotel.

Mears is the logical choice.

heartgarfunkel

It's got to be Parry - he lives in Ibiza and your survival could be celebrated with some serious Balearic partying at his bit.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

You'd never get lost with Mears anyway as you could just follow the trail of Mars Bar wrappers he leaves in his wake

Who would you rather have with you if you were stuck in the middle of nowhere and had to survive for a week?

Bear-Grylls-Shirtless.jpg

ray-mears.jpg

bruceparry_468x595.jpg

I'm going to go for Bear Grylls with Parry a close second.

Ray Mears is a bit too boring for my liking and Bear Grylls always seems to do ridiculous things like sleep inside Zebras or climb down 500 ft cliffs .... he's a risk taker!

I'm warming to Bruce Parry though, he is another mentalist and he's willing to try a lot of dodgy drugs! :)

This thread is of no importance at all. I'm just terribly hungover and a bit bored.

Vote away! :)

Also likes his hotel bed when the cameras stop rolling :eek:

Depends on what your looking for if i was stuck and in serious bother then defo Mears the guy is a legend for getting bonged off my face its parry and for pure dry humour Les hiddens, the bush tucker man he was doing it back in the day on day time tv! pre Dave or history channel, day time tv mind.

The Mears fans obviously have no sense of adventure. :sad:

Don't want to get ****ed up on dodgy drugs or **** in a snakes skin and drink it? FINE!

Parry Parry Parry. He's a nice bloke and he knows how to party in the wilderness. What more could you ask for?

Given a smidgen of an opportunity, I'd quite gladly push Grylls off the edge of a very dangerous cliff.

Archived