St Midden's new midden

3inaBednar

Hobo mate just e-mailed me these - looks like mcdiarmid park, hamiltons ground etc etc good for the crowds they get though and no doubt very affordable. Would hate HMFC to ever build a big version of this though. pretty soulless.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1...estreetbs2.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2...street6qc7.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9...street8xe3.jpg

They sold their current ground to tesco who have built them a new 8000 seater stadium. it actually look exactly like dunfermlines ground.

It's part of a 15million deal which will make them the only debt free club in scotland i believe.

Would hate HMFC to ever build a big version of this though.

At least their stadium is built mate, with minimal hassle and within their means.Ours has yet to be approved after planning application and like all things done by Romanov there's confusion from every angle.:(

They sold their current ground to tesco who have built them a new 8000 seater stadium. it actually look exactly like dunfermlines ground.

It's part of a 15million deal which will make them the only debt free club in scotland i believe.

Them and Falkirk, to be fair. And Celtic, soon and shockingly enough!

There are a few other debt free clubs

As for claims the ground is souless etc, I think this is more their fans than the ground, its undoubtadly an excellent deal for St Mirren and a real example of why leaving behind the heritage is an excellent advert for long term security

Just checked and Falkirk and ICT ended the o6/07 season with no net debt -the most recent fully published season

Its worth noting that being 100% debt free isnt always great as there could be a better way of utilising debt

https://www.pwc.com/Extweb/ncpressrelease.nsf/docid/FDE9313884EF5238802574B700464054/$File/19thReviewofScottishFootballFinances.pdf

Hope they look forward to get the full use of it in the 1st division.

It's a first division ground for a first division team - you are spot on mate.:)

Is it just me or are black seats at footy grounds rank?!

Chances are we'll prob see a lot of them when St Mirren play their home games.

I actually think these are just all bought from the IKEA 'stadium' section.

Why do they have to all look the same ? I am no architect but surely you can make each one interesting and unique without much extra effort of cash ?

Corners joined. One end larger the other. Different shapes of stands etc..

Can't cost that much more can it ?

rudi must stay

actually don't mind it. It's quite a sensible stadium for them, not like some of the new grounds being made that don't have much atmosphere

So if we were offerred a deal where someone would build a 20,000 stadium but it would look just like that ground (bar colours etc) only bigger you would turn it down because it's not architectually pleasing.

Given the circumstances it will do the job for the next 50 years, it leaves them in a healthy financial position and is only 800 yards from the current entrance to the away end -- not bad I would say.

If we were lucky enough only the stupid would turn it down.

So if we were offerred a deal where someone would build a 20,000 stadium but it would look just like that ground (bar colours etc) only bigger you would turn it down because it's not architectually pleasing.

Given the circumstances it will do the job for the next 50 years, it leaves them in a healthy financial position and is only 800 yards from the current entrance to the away end -- not bad I would say.

If we were lucky enough only the stupid would turn it down.

Nothing to do with turning it down.

Simply just stating to the architect that seeing as you are paying XX million for this you want it to look interesting and a little different.

I am sure many architects could provide that no problem.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Nothing to do with turning it down.

Simply just stating to the architect that seeing as you are paying XX million for this you want it to look interesting and a little different.

I am sure many architects could provide that no problem.

That's why I'm fond of the Main Stand at Tynie. It's a bit different to the usual IKEA stands.

I also like the fact you can walk around Tynecastle without leaving the ground. It's an unusual feature.

It's only 200 yards away from Love Street, and its next to those park 'n' ride places for the airport. I saw it when parking there, and was quite impressed.

I've just past it on my way back from work.It will more than accomodate the Paisley support and is vastly superior to the dump that was Love St.

Good thing for Jambos going there when it opens is a train station twenty yards from the stadium.Also no great difference to car/bus Jambos.

The new ground is actually in Ferguslie Park.Lovely part of town.Bring a picnic.:rolleyes:

http://www.saintmirren.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Gallery/0,,10295~1417228~1~3507,00.html

Pictures available in the link above. For what it's worth, it looks a smart, neat and functional stadium. If an external party offered to do the same for Hearts, ie buy Tynecastle to wipe out our debt and build us a new stadium on alternative site, we'd be mad to turn it down.

That's why I'm fond of the Main Stand at Tynie. It's a bit different to the usual IKEA stands.

I also like the fact you can walk around Tynecastle without leaving the ground. It's an unusual feature.

Indeed. It is just different. Nothing to stop a team making a stadium different on purpose. They have done this in the US in the past few years - especially baseball parks. Fans got peed off about the soulless bowls that were all built in the 60's. Most of the new parks these days are actually designed to look old and different with funny wee features - but with all mod cons attached.

I have said for ages now - I think we will see this in a few decades on our shores.

a real example of why leaving behind the heritage is an excellent advert for long term security

Like CPRs move to MF you mean? :wacko:

If your definition of 'long term' is 2 years, spot on!

i love the "smfc" on the stand. it immediatedly made me think "smell fc". maybe its just me but i found it mildly amusing

The Old Tolbooth

I hope they run out of cash and go under, barstewards!!

It basically looks like a poor mans Almodvale ffs, poor effort!

Lombardia Jambo

The place is truly soulless and very flat. I saw it in August and I actually went in with the director of works there as it was still uncomplete. I had to wear helmet, boots and jacket ! I am very sorry for St.Mirren fans.......

Archived